LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Kendrick Bourne-WR-Now a NE Patriot

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Its hard to imagine putting the best option to extend a drive in clutch situations on IR just to keep an UDFA or 7th rounder. Can't see JG agreeing with the move too, Trent is his safety net.

This. Taylor will be back as soon as he is healthy.

I think in the end you'll see Garcon, Goodwin, Taylor, Pettis, Bourne and James as the WRs.

Ditto
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Agree

However, "IF" Garcon has a resurgence like ABodin had w/us I'd be happy if he stayed.
Perfect Comparison with Garcon and Boldin. Guys that will give you those hard catches. That game vs Washington comes to mind. that's the one where he got injured right??
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Its hard to imagine putting the best option to extend a drive in clutch situations on IR just to keep an UDFA or 7th rounder. Can't see JG agreeing with the move too, Trent is his safety net.

I think in the end you'll see Garcon, Goodwin, Taylor, Pettis, Bourne and James.

1. Garcon
  2. Goodwin
  3. Taylor
  4. Pettis
  5. Bourne
  6. Probably James, will be a battle.

With Kittle in year 2 and Celek the Vet we have a nice mix of youth and experience. Jimmy has a decent group of weapons. I didn't even mention the running backs. I don't know why so many fans wanted to bring in Dez.

I think in the end you'll see Garcon, Goodwin, Taylor, Pettis, Bourne and James as the WRs.

Those are my 6 as well in my 53.
Keep hearing his name. Def a keeper
Originally posted by 951NINER:
With Kittle in year 2 and Celek the Vet we have a nice mix of youth and experience. Jimmy has a decent group of weapons. I didn't even mention the running backs. I don't know why so many fans wanted to bring in Dez.

I would not want Dez on any team I cared about, whether there were already good players there or not. Dude is the very definition of a team C. And he is not good enough anymore to even think of upsetting your team chem.
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Agree

However, "IF" Garcon has a resurgence like ABodin had w/us I'd be happy if he stayed.
Perfect Comparison with Garcon and Boldin. Guys that will give you those hard catches. That game vs Washington comes to mind. that's the one where he got injured right??

Can't recall which game it was.

This is a vastly superior receiver group than any we've had in quite some time.
All of a sudden this guy is on the bubble to make the team. Shanny favorite Aldrick Robinson is back in the mix to make it. U hope Bourne does make the team personally
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
All of a sudden this guy is on the bubble to make the team. Shanny favorite Aldrick Robinson is back in the mix to make it. U hope Bourne does make the team personally

I just don't see Robinson making the team. His skill set is already on the team and is redundant. Bourne at least gives a tad more size
I'll take a cheap young receiver over an older more expensive vet, especially since we have Garcon for that vet presence.

Bourne picking up what's not taken between Goodwin's speed and Garcon's physical play. Bourne not going anywhere. Pretty sure he'll make the team.

Garcon—Bourne and Pettis—Goodwin
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Bourne picking up what's not taken between Goodwin's speed and Garcon's physical play. Bourne not going anywhere. Pretty sure he'll make the team.

Garcon—Bourne and Pettis—Goodwin

Don't forget 3rd and 4 machine Trent Taylor or rising star Rickie James

Taylor will have some heat on him this year. Competition is awesome. Let's see who makes it.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:

Taylor will have some heat on him this year. Competition is awesome. Let's see who makes it.

Bourne will also be in play, kid was on fire the first two weeks of training camp.
[ Edited by jcs on Aug 16, 2018 at 1:27 PM ]
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by sacniner:

Bourne will also be in play, kid was on fire the first two weeks of training camp.

Bourne is a lock. No way in hell he doesn't make it for whoever doesn't think so.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Aug 16, 2018 at 8:26 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone