There are 260 users in the forums

Jerry Jones is own by Cowboys

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NinerJeff:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Cowboys releasing Jaylon Smith. Former pro bowler and Jerry favorite. I wonder what happened. I think he's a Notre Dame guy, so wondering if Jed will inquire

https://theathletic.com/news/cowboys-releasing-lb-jaylon-smith-former-pro-bowler-source/VWncpiEOx61y

Why are the Cowboys releasing Jayson Smith?🤔

No clue but he is a ND guy with an injury history so get ready
Apparently Dak is battling serious depression off the field 🤔
Jerry Jones swallows
This guy titles his threads like Dr Steve Brule talks.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Lulz
HAWWWWW BOUT DEM CAWWWWWBAWWWWYZZZ???

What made it even sweeter,
1. Wasn't won on a great defensive final play.
2. Wasn't a great Niner offensive comeback.
3. Was just another bonehead play by their own QB that cost them the game. Romo part two.

If Andrew Dice Clay was a fan, he'd be yelling "Whaaaaaaat are you a Ro-MO?!
People hate on Jerry Jones in my mind he is a HOF owner. When he took over the team they had great history but were DOA at the time. He assembled the triplets, won 3 rings, and even today when I look at the Cowboys the problem is not personnel. They found a pro bowl caliber QB in the 4th round, good backs, great receivers, great line, good players at all level of defense. Talented club.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
People hate on Jerry Jones in my mind he is a HOF owner. When he took over the team they had great history but were DOA at the time. He assembled the triplets, won 3 rings, and even today when I look at the Cowboys the problem is not personnel. They found a pro bowl caliber QB in the 4th round, good backs, great receivers, great line, good players at all level of defense. Talented club.
The smartest thing Jones did was hire Jimmy Johnson. Johnson made the Herschel Walker trade that netted them all those picks, then picked some really great players. Jones then proceeded to fire Johnson after back to back SBs thinking he could sustain the dynasty with Barry Switzer. He thinks he knows it all, constantly meddles with coaches, the draft, etc. He's an egomaniac that would've never had any titles if not for Jimmy Johnson.
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
The smartest thing Jones did was hire Jimmy Johnson. Johnson made the Herschel Walker trade that netted them all those picks, then picked some really great players. Jones then proceeded to fire Johnson after back to back SBs thinking he could sustain the dynasty with Barry Switzer. He thinks he knows it all, constantly meddles with coaches, the draft, etc. He's an egomaniac that would've never had any titles if not for Jimmy Johnson.

Your take is the conventional wisdom. It doesn't explain how they have such a stacked roster. Number one offense 2 of the last three years. You can say he's meddling and that's probably true but heck if I owned an NFL team you are darn right I would want to have some say in the operation it would be my life work as he has done.
Originally posted by zeppfan1:

Your take is the conventional wisdom. It doesn't explain how they have such a stacked roster. Number one offense 2 of the last three years. You can say he's meddling and that's probably true but heck if I owned an NFL team you are darn right I would want to have some say in the operation it would be my life work as he has done.

And how has that worked out since Jimmy? A owner should never be a GM. That's too much control.
[ Edited by JustinMT on Jan 17, 2022 at 10:22 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone