LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

UDFA Matt Breida RB

Shop 49ers game tickets
If Hyde+Williams look like they should during pre season, I could see us possibly moving on from Hightower, to make sure we keep Bibbs+Breida. I know we guaranteed Hightower 300K, but he is 30, and if Williams looks like a good receiving back out of the backfield, then Hightower really isn't needed for that role. Basically Williams took the role Hightower was going to do, so we might as well keep 2 young guys with potential behind Hyde+Williams, instead of a 1 year guy in Hightower.
Interesting read about his decline in 2016....

http://savannahnow.com/news-sports-college-sports/2016-10-30/nathan-deen-star-rb-breida-casualty-georgia-southerns
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:

http://savannahnow.com/news-sports-college-sports/2016-10-30/nathan-deen-star-rb-breida-casualty-georgia-southerns

Great read, thanks for then link. Now I am really cheering for the kid.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:

Great read, thanks for then link. Now I am really cheering for the kid.

Wow. Hadn't read that about his parents. That is intense. I hope it works out for him here. That's brutal that he was do badly misused in his Sr year.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
If Hyde+Williams look like they should during pre season, I could see us possibly moving on from Hightower, to make sure we keep Bibbs+Breida. I know we guaranteed Hightower 300K, but he is 30, and if Williams looks like a good receiving back out of the backfield, then Hightower really isn't needed for that role. Basically Williams took the role Hightower was going to do, so we might as well keep 2 young guys with potential behind Hyde+Williams, instead of a 1 year guy in Hightower.

FA sho. 300k is laughable to keep an older player over a young one IF he's outplayed.
Kevin Jones‏Verified account @Mr_KevinJones 6m6 minutes agoMore

One 49ers assistant told me the best rookie on the field during minicamp was actually RB Matt Breida. Not ready to crown Joe Williams yet
Originally posted by slowriot:

One 49ers assistant told me the best rookie on the field during minicamp was actually RB Matt Breida. Not ready to crown Joe Williams yet

I'm telling ya no way can you put this kid on the PS
Breida and Williams

go away hyde
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Breida and Williams

go away hyde

Yeah screw Hyde, useless piece of s**t ran for 4.6 yards a carry and nearly 1,000 yards behind the 3rd worst run blocking OL in football. Why would they need a guy like that?

Nothing says success like two unproven rookies.
Originally posted by slowriot:

I can see Breida bumping Bibbs from the roster but only time will tell. Every year you get minicamp superstars that people get a massive boner over that flop spectacularly.

The DeAndrew White hype being an example. He was supposedly dominating all the DBs in minicamp and everyone was like "Ehramagerd, the second coming!"

Then the pads came on and dude was garbage.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Breida and Williams

go away hyde

Yeah screw Hyde, useless piece of s**t ran for 4.6 yards a carry and nearly 1,000 yards behind the 3rd worst run blocking OL in football. Why would they need a guy like that?

Nothing says success like two unproven rookies.

hell ya baby
Breida and Williams

go away hyde

💩
Originally posted by NYniner85:
💩

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Breida and Williams

go away hyde

💩

PFF
Carlos Hyde teases greatness at times, but can't seem to stay on the field long enough to sustain it. The fact of the matter is, Hyde now has 307 carries for his career and is averaging 4.0 yards per carry on them. He does have a ridiculous 73 broken tackles over that span, but at some point, it has to translate to production, or else he's just a better version of Trent Richardson.
Share 49ersWebzone