LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 342 users in the forums

UDFA Matt Breida RB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Had a bad fumble vs the Jets.
No offense to Breida, I liked him here but his success was helped greatly by shannys system and the talent around him. Hope he proves me wrong and has a lot of success.
Originally posted by OliverKlozoff:
No offense to Breida, I liked him here but his success was helped greatly by shannys system and the talent around him. Hope he proves me wrong and has a lot of success.

He was. I liked Breida however this is true. If he had better ball security and could stay healthy he would make a great back to give Mostert a breather. Amazing how the roles would've flipped.
So what is Breida doing nowadays?
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bigmur49:

With the Bills though they might just give him away at this point if we were to ask. Has 4 carries for 4 yards on the season.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:

With the Bills though they might just give him away at this point if we were to ask. Has 4 carries for 4 yards on the season.

I'd take him back. He can tell the stories to these upcoming RB free agent how horrible it is on the outside and sign for vet minimum. 😆
Originally posted by titan:

I'd take him back. He can tell the stories to these upcoming RB free agent how horrible it is on the outside and sign for vet minimum. 😆

sounds good until his ankles fall apart again 2 weeks after we take him back.
  • thl408
Originally posted by lamontb:

Nice. So he'd last twice as long as Mostert? I'd offer a 7th.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by lamontb:

Nice. So he'd last twice as long as Mostert? I'd offer a 7th.

Yup. We'd get 4 to 8 good games out of Breida. Long enough to get everyone that will return this season healthy.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by OliverKlozoff:

He was. I liked Breida however this is true. If he had better ball security and could stay healthy he would make a great back to give Mostert a breather. Amazing how the roles would've flipped.

We could say the same about every Rb on the team tbh. Without Shanny, neither of them would look as good, and I don't understand the fumbling/Injury Issue either, especially since we have RB's currently on the team who are Injury prone and have fumbling Issues. Just my opinion but my we should have kept Breida, he looked explosive when 100% healthy.
[ Edited by Sickaa on Sep 26, 2021 at 11:04 AM ]

Share 49ersWebzone