LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

Brandon Fusco Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
f**k PFF. Kilgore, Tomlinson and Fusco were god awful. But out of those three, I would rather have Fusco back.

This is the same PFF who gave that rookie Vikings center a very low grade. When I see him, I see a monster among men. This is the same PFF who almost gave Armstead a "good level" defensive rating...
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Feb 16, 2018 at 2:59 PM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:
f**k PFF. Kilgore, Tomlinson and Fusco were god awful. But out of those three, I would rather have Fusco back.

This is the same PFF who gave that rookie Vikings center a very low grade. When I see him, I see a monster among men. This is the same PFF who almost gave Armstead a "good level" defensive rating...

Yeah, Fusco was consistent all year. Kilgore and Tomlinson were all over the place.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Yeah, Fusco was consistent all year. Kilgore and Tomlinson were all over the place.

I will say with CJ Kilgore was not good, but with a qb who knows how to read defenses Kilgore proved worthy
  • dj43
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Gut feeling - we resign Fusco.

I'd like it. He's pretty much the 2nd best G in FA right now and could get big money if Norwell gets tagged. If we could lock him up before FA, that would open us up a bit more for flexibility in the draft. Garnett to compete.

Sportrac has the market value of new contracts for 3 prominent FA guards.

Norwell - 5 years/ $60M/$12M annually Ranked #3.

Josh Kline - 3 years/$30M/$10M annually

Justin Pugh - 4 years/$$24M/$6M annually Ranked #52 as a tackle but he can play guard.

Now, there is this - Brandon Fusco ranked #21 by PFF. Josh Kline ranked #22. Fusco actually had an equal season to a guy that is projected to be worth $10M annually. He won't get that from SF at this point but he may come close to it from someone else, if Sportrac's market value charts are accurate.

The price of poker just went up!

Do you re-sign Fusco for something in the 3 year/$18M/$6M/yr range or go all in on Garnett and/or a rookie?
Originally posted by dj43:

I'd like it. He's pretty much the 2nd best G in FA right now and could get big money if Norwell gets tagged. If we could lock him up before FA, that would open us up a bit more for flexibility in the draft. Garnett to compete.

Justin Pugh - 4 years/$$24M/$6M annually Ranked #52 as a tackle but he can play guard.

Now, there is this - Brandon Fusco ranked #21 by PFF. Josh Kline ranked #22. Fusco actually had an equal season to a guy that is projected to be worth $10M annually. He won't get that from SF at this point but he may come close to it from someone else, if Sportrac's market value charts are accurate.

Do you re-sign Fusco for something in the 3 year/$18M/$6M/yr range or go all in on Garnett and/or a rookie?

Right? If Norwell is off the market, those three just cashed in. If we could secure him before FA, I'd be happy. But he and his agent probably want to cash in and I can't blame him...like you said, he had a slightly better grade over Kline and second to Norwell. Crazy. Either way, I'm certainly not trusting Garnett!
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 16, 2018 at 4:05 PM ]

Right? If Norwell is off the market, those three just cashed in. If we could secure him before FA, I'd be happy. But he and his agent probably want to cash in and I can't blame him...like you said, he had a slightly better grade over Kline and second to Norwell. Crazy. Either way, I'm certainly not trusting Garnett!

This!
  • GEEK
  • Veteran

Bit of a difference between Kline and Fusco though.

Kline was a UDFA and showed some flashes as a starter for the Pats before getting injured and then released. He was claimed by TEN and has thrived since day 1 as a starter for them.

Fusco has had an up and down career. Played well for the Vikes, signed a LTD with them, play started to fall, battled some injuries, and then got released. Picked up by the 49ers, and won the RG job due to injury by Garnett. Showed some flashes at RG.

Kline hasn't busted yet on a big contract, but Fusco has. I think that will be in consideration when teams look to sign these guys in FA.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Bit of a difference between Kline and Fusco though.

Kline was a UDFA and showed some flashes as a starter for the Pats before getting injured and then released. He was claimed by TEN and has thrived since day 1 as a starter for them.

Fusco has had an up and down career. Played well for the Vikes, signed a LTD with them, play started to fall, battled some injuries, and then got released. Picked up by the 49ers, and won the RG job due to injury by Garnett. Showed some flashes at RG.

Kline hasn't busted yet on a big contract, but Fusco has. I think that will be in consideration when teams look to sign these guys in FA.

All excellent points! Thanks for that.
Originally posted by 9erred:
I will say with CJ Kilgore was not good, but with a qb who knows how to read defenses Kilgore proved worthy

That's becoming a tired argument. Just because the new QB gets the ball out sooner while the center is being pushed back into him, does not mean the center all of a sudden got better. No other team would have gave him the contract we did
Fusco is the only interior lineman worthy of a new contract

Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by 9erred:

That's becoming a tired argument. Just because the new QB gets the ball out sooner while the center is being pushed back into him, does not mean the center all of a sudden got better. No other team would have gave him the contract we did

Haha. Okay. We're just giving out hand outs just for fun. Got it.
I really hope we don't bring this guy back. At least Tomlinson was getting a little better down the stretch and still has some upside. Fusco is garbage IMO
I like fusco for what they mostly asked of him. I'd like any combination of two interior guys that can drive an interior DL off of the LOS. Right now I don't think we have that.

But it's not like those guards grow on trees, I'd take fusco back in a heartbeat.
I only want him back as a backup player.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
I only want him back as a backup player.

yeah same here. Would be very valuable as a backup
Share 49ersWebzone