LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Brandon Fusco Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
I say cut Tomlinson and re-sign Fusco.

Yup!

Tomlinson only makes like 1.6 mill next year. That is definitely not too shabby at all. But yes Fusco should come back but who knows, maybe some team over pays.
Tomlinson only makes like 1.6 mill next year. That is definitely not too shabby at all.

That is roughly about $1.59 million too much.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Tomlinson only makes like 1.6 mill next year. That is definitely not too shabby at all.

Lol. I say hold onto him until you secure another Guard or bare minimum Fusco.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Tomlinson wasn't our worst Olineman last year, that guy is currently making a little over 4 million this season.
Originally posted by jcs:

Tomlinson wasn't our worst Olineman last year, that guy is currently making a little over 4 million this season.

Kilgore was not the worst lineman.. that was clearly Tomlinson. Dude got abused regularly. Kilgore allowed no hits or sacks in all of Jimmy's games. Can't say the same for Laken or Beadles.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 15, 2018 at 5:24 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Kilgore was not the worst lineman.. that was clearly Tomlinson. Dude got abused regularly.
Tomlinson was actually serviceable. PFF had him at 70.7 and Football outsiders had the left side of our Oline graded in the top 5 for Run Blocking. Not saying he deserves a starting role but as a 3 year vet and former 1st round pick that we traded for who didn't get a training camp or an offseason to learn the system, he did OK. Beadles was the worst guy on our Line and he's set to make $4.08 million this year with a cap hit of $580k if we cut him.
Tomlinson was actually serviceable. PFF had him at 70.7 and Football outsiders had the left side of our Oline graded in the top 5 for Run Blocking. Not saying he deserves a starting role but as a 3 year vet and former 1st round pick that we traded for who didn't get a training camp or an offseason to learn the system, he did OK. Beadles was the worst guy on our Line and he's set to make $4.08 million this year with a cap hit of $580k if we cut him.

Don't care about PFF, Tomlinson cannot function in our running game, he can't make a reach block, and can't even seal off the backend, he has to go.

That's the thing with Kilgore, yes he gets overpowered more than you'd like, but he's reliable in the running game.

Hahaha

Imo both can...

I'd rather have the $5 million in cap space
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 15, 2018 at 6:12 PM ]

Good line.

Gut feeling - we resign Fusco.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

I do agree
  • jcs
  • Veteran

I agree. I bet we only add a mid round OG to compete with Laken, Garnett and Fusco in training camp too.

Tomlinson is a former 1st rounder and is still young.

Fusco needs to go.

I'd like it. He's pretty much the 2nd best G in FA right now and could get big money if Norwell gets tagged. If we could lock him up before FA, that would open us up a bit more for flexibility in the draft. Garnett to compete.
Share 49ersWebzone