LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

49ers release S Adrian Colbert-Round 7, Pick 229

Shop 49ers game tickets
He has possible future All Pro stuff

The lego thing is pretty funny
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
^^ Good stuff. His size/speed and aggressiveness charging downhill in run support make him a really interesting prospect for Cover 1 / 3 defense. I hope this guy develops.

iit I love how he lays the wood, but with great and controlled tackling form. He needs to stop standing over guys after hits though, that will draw some flags

Yeah the No Fun League will dock him for that. Like that he plays with an edge tho.
Franchises live and die on how well they draft in the 7th round.
Originally posted by FaTaL:
So is he playing safety or cb in the NFL?

Lynch said they will play him at corner

Niceeee. Hopefully this is the better version of Chris culliver who was pretty damn promising and played well for the most part before he blew it. People were so pissed when we took him in the 3rd.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Niceeee. Hopefully this is the better version of Chris culliver who was pretty damn promising and played well for the most part before he blew it. People were so pissed when we took him in the 3rd.

Culliver was pretty darn good his first few years. That whole 2011 class was weird. Aldon, Kap, Cully, Hunter, Miller....all those dudes were awesome at first now they're all pretty much out of the league

I think Colbert is real intriguing. Expectation are low, he's a 7th rounder after all. But he's got some intriguing talent.
[ Edited by SofaKing on May 8, 2017 at 9:19 PM ]

Culliver was pretty darn good his first few years. That whole 2011 class was weird. Aldon, Kap, Cully, Hunter, Miller....all those dudes were awesome at first now they're all pretty much out of the league

I think Colbert is real intriguing. Expectation are low, he's a 7th rounder after all. But he's got some intriguing talent.

Yeah that 2011 class effed us big time. i like the sound of Colbert being able to add depth at both DB spots. I think those are the type of players you hope are good enough to occupy two spots so it frees up an additional player on the 53. That's why I'm pulling for him lol.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran

Average NFL career is basically 2 years
Yeah that 2011 class effed us big time. i like the sound of Colbert being able to add depth at both DB spots. I think those are the type of players you hope are good enough to occupy two spots so it frees up an additional player on the 53. That's why I'm pulling for him lol.

My thinking too haha. Supposedly he's really good on special teams which isn't surprising.

My thinking too haha. Supposedly he's really good on special teams which isn't surprising.

Good point that slipped my mind. If you're a ST beast that might do the trick as well lol.

4.3 40 speed gotta playa saying I hope he develops.

I thought he was a safety?
Originally posted by PacTiger:
4.3 40 speed gotta playa saying I hope he develops.

I thought he was a safety?

Played both in college. Culliver type of situation where they feel with his aggressive style,length and speed he'd make a better NFL corner.

Outside of Hunter, all of the others aren't on a team right now due to various kinds of off-field stuff. Hunter was a fantastic player when healthy, it's just a shame he caught the injury bug. Was a great talent coming out of college.
I see him as our next special teams ace. I feel like every good time has one of those. An underrated position. We had spillman do that role for a long time. If he develops into a solid DBs then that just icing on the cake.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Outside of Hunter, all of the others aren't on a team right now due to various kinds of off-field stuff. Hunter was a fantastic player when healthy, it's just a shame he caught the injury bug. Was a great talent coming out of college.

I fell in love with Hunter on the spot... seems like with Hunter we were running some different type,of run pays for him compared to Frankie. Btw Frankie alert everyone, he needs 620 yards to make it to #5 all time. Nuts.
Share 49ersWebzone