There are 182 users in the forums

49ers release S Adrian Colbert-Round 7, Pick 229

Shop 49ers game tickets
Great range, tough player
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Goldoson with more speed... Please god.

Hes #38 too..

Man, that hit was insane! I remember watching that one live and thinking how much it must have sucked for an opposing offense to play vs our 2011 D.
AC's play today was very Goldson-like. Hopefully he develops into a smarter, better overall player than Dashon though.
He looks pretty good. I don't care if it's been against bad teams, his range has been fantastic
Dude is fast and has the swagger to play single high safety in the league. University of Miami alumni. Give him the chain
I don't want to get ahead of myself because it's early, but the kid looks like an absolute gem. He blew me away on that PBU from the far hash last week.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 12, 2017 at 5:22 PM ]
I think if he keeps playing like this, they'll have to strongly consider him for the FS position. He has that rare combination of size, speed & toughness. They can put Ward at CB and leave him there. They need to show DJ the door, though. He's consistently awful at coverage...time to either draft or sign a FA CB with size to play alongside Witherspoon.
only thing he needs to improve on is his wrap up. Those big hits could also be big yards if they bounce off him.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
only thing he needs to improve on is his wrap up. Those big hits could also be big yards if they bounce off him.

He even shares Goldson's flaws. Kind of freaky.
Colbert sure was impressive.

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I think if he keeps playing like this, they'll have to strongly consider him for the FS position. He has that rare combination of size, speed & toughness. They can put Ward at CB and leave him there. They need to show DJ the door, though. He's consistently awful at coverage...time to either draft or sign a FA CB with size to play alongside Witherspoon.

Sometimes I wonder what games yall are watching.
Originally posted by Heroism:

He even shares Goldson's flaws. Kind of freaky.

Colbert was probably close to getting flagged after his sideline hit too.
I genuinely can't the last time we had range like this at FS.

He was a pretty sure tackler in college. I thought he was a steal in the 7th rd had him as a late 4th/5th rd pick.

But yeah gotta be able to wrap up guys and not just go for the big hit every time
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He was a pretty sure tackler in college. I thought he was a steal in the 7th rd had him as a late 4th/5th rd pick.

But yeah gotta be able to wrap up guys and not just go for the big hit every time

He actually was a questionable tackler coming into the draft. He could put a lick or provide solid coverage on ST duties, but he had wrap up issues coming out of school.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/adrian-colbert?id=2558857
Share 49ersWebzone