There are 267 users in the forums

49ers release S Adrian Colbert-Round 7, Pick 229

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:

He's a classy dude and was great with fans. Hopefully can be on our PS and improve but we will see

Too much playing time I think.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Too much playing time I think.

I remember hearing about a stipulation that out of the 10 practice squad players . Something like 2 or 4 can be on the practice squad as long as they didn't play over 2 seasons .
I see him on the IR on the unofficial depth chart..... could this not be the last of the Punisher ??

edit:
Matt Maiocco
@MaioccoNBCS
Adrian Colbert was waived/injured. He was not claimed, so he reverted back to #49ers IR list. His hamstring injury is not season-ending, so at some point SF will settle (can't waive an injured player without a settlement) and he will be allowed to seek employment elsewhere
[ Edited by 49erman723 on Sep 3, 2019 at 2:16 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erman723:
I see him on the IR on the unofficial depth chart..... could this not be the last of the Punisher ??

edit:
Matt Maiocco
@MaioccoNBCS
Adrian Colbert was waived/injured. He was not claimed, so he reverted back to #49ers IR list. His hamstring injury is not season-ending, so at some point SF will settle (can't waive an injured player without a settlement) and he will be allowed to seek employment elsewhere

They chose to release him in that manner.. instead of just cutting him.

A little insurance policy if starters go down?
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 4, 2019 at 11:31 AM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:

edit:
Matt Maiocco
@MaioccoNBCS

No, it has to do with NFL rules. The CBA doesn't allow players who are injured to be cut out of their contract. That way, when guys tear their ACL's, the team can't just can them and not pay them their salary. So, in the case of a pre-season injury, if a player fails to make the team and is released with an injury designation, if they are not picked up by another team, they revert back to a teams IR. What most teams and players will do, if the player feels they have a chance to gain employment somehwere else and the injury is not season ending, will come to an injury settlement where the player and team mutually agree to end the contract for a cash payout and that player is no longer on a teams IR and is able to sign and play anywhere they would like.
Originally posted by jonnydel:

edit:
Matt Maiocco
@MaioccoNBCS

No, it has to do with NFL rules. The CBA doesn't allow players who are injured to be cut out of their contract. That way, when guys tear their ACL's, the team can't just can them and not pay them their salary. So, in the case of a pre-season injury, if a player fails to make the team and is released with an injury designation, if they are not picked up by another team, they revert back to a teams IR. What most teams and players will do, if the player feels they have a chance to gain employment somehwere else and the injury is not season ending, will come to an injury settlement where the player and team mutually agree to end the contract for a cash payout and that player is no longer on a teams IR and is able to sign and play anywhere they would like.

Oh ok...I guess the rule has stipulations preventing.

Originally posted by jonnydel:

edit:
Matt Maiocco
@MaioccoNBCS

Oh ok...I guess the rule has stipulations preventing.

Yeah, I believe the medical staff has to determine if a player is injured or not. Cause you can also have it the other way where a team says a guy is completely healthy even if he's missing half his hand.

I don't know what would be worse, for him to have to apologize.. tested positive for something?... or he signed with the Seahawks?

edit:
Matt Maiocco
@MaioccoNBCS

Maybe by the time he is ready safety attrition might give him another shot.

I don't know what would be worse, for him to have to apologize.. tested positive for something?... or he signed with the Seahawks?

He reverted back to us though?

Originally posted by frenchmov:

And we reached an injury settlement..so that he can be free to sign with a new team...if there was interest.

And we reached an injury settlement..so that he can be free to sign with a new team...if there was interest.

Do you mean that he's waiting to see if he accepts the settlement? 49ers.com has him on IR as of Sept. 3.

IDK. Not sure if I care to be honest, but a bit curious.
Originally posted by RTFirefly:

Do you mean that he's waiting to see if he accepts the settlement? 49ers.com has him on IR as of Sept. 3.

49ers reach injury settlement with DB Adrian Colbert, WR Nick Williams

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/06/49ers-reach-injury-settlement-with-db-adrian-colbert-wr-nick-williams/
Originally posted by RTFirefly:

49ers reach injury settlement with DB Adrian Colbert, WR Nick Williams

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/06/49ers-reach-injury-settlement-with-db-adrian-colbert-wr-nick-williams/

Aha! Thanks for the update!
I'm a huge underdog guy and I jumped the gun believing in this guy. Totally sucks. Bought his jersey and everything. Just a class act kid. I'm not sure if he's just not IQ enough or has some mental health issues but he literally, fell off and cliff and stayed there. Remarkable actually. And a total bummer. I wish him the best though.
Share 49ersWebzone