LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

49ers release S Adrian Colbert-Round 7, Pick 229

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Hoping Colbert turns back into his rookie self. Also I'd like to see them try Moore out at FS, his natural spot. Or sign Tre Boston, how is he unsigned?

Maybe Tre Boston isn't really that good or maybe he thinks he's better than what the NFL thinks and hasn't gotten anything close to what he wants in a deal? He's stated he doesn't want his 3rd "prove it" deal.

Has he even visited a team in FA? I'd bring him in over Berry that's for sure

That is part of it. But also he plays recklessly and team's don't like that. He had a number of questionable hits to the head area. Not good.

I still think he is 5X better than Ward tho.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Hoping Colbert turns back into his rookie self. Also I'd like to see them try Moore out at FS, his natural spot. Or sign Tre Boston, how is he unsigned?

Maybe Tre Boston isn't really that good or maybe he thinks he's better than what the NFL thinks and hasn't gotten anything close to what he wants in a deal? He's stated he doesn't want his 3rd "prove it" deal.

That is part of it. But also he plays recklessly and team's don't like that. He had a number of questionable hits to the head area. Not good.

I agree
Originally posted by 24karat49er:
Originally posted by Waterbear:

I agree

The talent and work ethic are there. Hoping he's watched film on every snap he played in 2018 as well as watching film on NFC West QBs. Heck, watch with Sherm. Crossing my fingers that he can put together a complete season.
Tarvarius Moore's always an option too if Colbert cant figure it out.
Do we need this guy or what?

Originally posted by NCommand:

That guy we definitely need. The guy he was last year(for whatever reason) we can do without.

BOOM!
  • 91til
  • Veteran
We don't need Spoon getting beat by five yards though 😭

I'd agree with what both AC and Woods said. It looked like he was trying to be Earl Thomas but he didn't have Earl Thomas' pass rush. One thing I've seen with Earl, for years, is that those long corners and good pass rush made him look insane. But, he was very undisciplined in Seattle. They had the complete package up there in the players they put together in that system.

Fast and violent LB's over the middle, long corners on the outside that could cover anything deep and be there on the post routes, and a ferocious and relentless pass rush. That allowed Thomas to play so aggressive over the intermediate middle that he'd light anything up over the middle. He didn't have to stay in his backpeddle very long. He could always attack. AC was trying to do that last year but it got him out of position too many times and teams were dialing up plays to go deep.

One thing to remember, Seattle's front 4 was so good at creating havoc in the backfield that teams didn't like to hold the ball 3-4 seconds. Think about the fail Mary game, what got overlooked was that they sacked Rodgers 9 times. 9 freakin times. Steve Young called it, "one of the greatest maulings by a defensive line ever". Because teams were dialing up shorter pass plays it allowed Thomas to play very aggressively. AC didn't have that luxury last year but tried to play like it and got burned.

Saleh talked about it. He said the pressure rate we got last year was misleading because teams weren't afraid of the pass rush and were drawing up long developing plays. He said when teams are fearing the rush they'll have a lot more 3 step drop plays. We saw very few of those last year.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jonnydel:

I'd agree with what both AC and Woods said. It looked like he was trying to be Earl Thomas but he didn't have Earl Thomas' pass rush. One thing I've seen with Earl, for years, is that those long corners and good pass rush made him look insane. But, he was very undisciplined in Seattle. They had the complete package up there in the players they put together in that system.

Fast and violent LB's over the middle, long corners on the outside that could cover anything deep and be there on the post routes, and a ferocious and relentless pass rush. That allowed Thomas to play so aggressive over the intermediate middle that he'd light anything up over the middle. He didn't have to stay in his backpeddle very long. He could always attack. AC was trying to do that last year but it got him out of position too many times and teams were dialing up plays to go deep.

One thing to remember, Seattle's front 4 was so good at creating havoc in the backfield that teams didn't like to hold the ball 3-4 seconds. Think about the fail Mary game, what got overlooked was that they sacked Rodgers 9 times. 9 freakin times. Steve Young called it, "one of the greatest maulings by a defensive line ever". Because teams were dialing up shorter pass plays it allowed Thomas to play very aggressively. AC didn't have that luxury last year but tried to play like it and got burned.

Saleh talked about it. He said the pressure rate we got last year was misleading because teams weren't afraid of the pass rush and were drawing up long developing plays. He said when teams are fearing the rush they'll have a lot more 3 step drop plays. We saw very few of those last year.

Great post. I still have hope for Colbert. He's got the talent. Seems like a hard worker too.

Originally posted by jonnydel:

I totally agree. Woods seems like a huge fan of Colbert (his sleeper pick) and clearly diagnosed his issue last year well. I think he's right.

JD, now that we have the pass rush, do you believe we'll play more man and tighter, challenging coverage with WR's at the LOS?
[ Edited by NCommand on May 31, 2019 at 6:04 AM ]
AC is ready.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 31, 2019 at 6:52 AM ]
I must have forgotten (or didn't know) but AC had surgery on his ankle, and had hamstring and a hip issue too. Biderman said they are working him back in cautiously.

BTW: Are JD, NY and me, the only ones who still believe in this kid?
[ Edited by NCommand on May 31, 2019 at 4:22 PM ]
I must have forgotten (or didn't know) but AC had surgery on his ankle, and had hamstring and a hip issue too. Biderman said they are working him back in cautiously.

BTW: Are JD, NY and me, the only ones who still believe in this kid?

thought you were pissed they didn't address FS since it's a glaring hole?
1st year I thought he flashed elite traits
2nd year kind of scared me since the things he was struggling with (not wrapping up, poor angles) were what was talked about in his scouting report out of college.
We shall see. Hope he has a strong year
Originally posted by genus49:

That guy we definitely need. The guy he was last year(for whatever reason) we can do without.

Somehow that was called a catch. Ridic
Share 49ersWebzone