LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

Reuben Foster

Shop 49ers game tickets
Sucks, ill miss his talent upside, but does anyone really think his personal life will improve? Glad to be rid of this headache.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Hard to believe Lynch will be in charge of the #2 overall pick after screwing up #3 overall with S. Thomas & R. Foster.

This is painful, the Redskins knew something Lynch didn't know about this case. Just like when he's drafting players it seems like Lynch went with his gut while the Skins went with actual information.

Oh well, better luck next time.

No they didn't. The 49ers didn't care about the case because Reuben had already blown his opportunity to be a 49er. I personally LOVE the way the 49ers handled Reuben. Stand by him through the BS all summer, but tell him "Look we stood by you when everyone and their grandmother wanted to lynch you, no pun intended, now you need to stand by the team and not be involved in this kind of thing going forward." When he broke their trust they had no choice but to let him go.
[ Edited by WINiner on Jan 3, 2019 at 9:57 AM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Hard to believe Lynch will be in charge of the #2 overall pick after screwing up #3 overall with S. Thomas & R. Foster.

This is painful, the Redskins knew something Lynch didn't know about this case. Just like when he's drafting players it seems like Lynch went with his gut while the Skins went with actual information.

What did they know? Who cares that the case was dismissed. They had to release him because he continues to get in trouble. Not only that but he wasn't playing well anyway.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Dude that's wrong, Kyle at his presser said the move wasn't about if he did it or didn't. He broke trust with the organization plain and simple

"Who knows what happened. Maybe people will find out. But that wasn't why we made this decision."

"I thought rock bottom was last time, and I thought it would be very simple that that would be his wakeup call," Shanahan said, "and I think it was in a lot of areas, but to put yourself in the situation that he put himself in, whether it happened or not, if it happened it's so easy, but if it didn't, that still was too bad of a decision to make us comfortable with keeping that person in our organization. Hopefully this is rock bottom for him, and he can fix himself in all those ways and still find a way to go have success in his life or hopefully another team someday."

No, they didn't have to release him because of their "sacred circle of trust"!

This is football!

A smart GM/head coach would have kept him, suspended him, and then traded him! Same result, he would never play here again only we would have received some draft capital! Trade him for a 5th & 7th, now you have your original 7 draft picks!

You don't just give another team a first rounder like Foster. Even if Foster is suspended for the entire year the Redskins have zero risk.

Now Lynch is 1-3 on his first 3 first round picks...
Only reason he got cut is cuz his arm in unusable dangling from his shoulder like a rag doll and it'll never heal just like the pre draft medical reports cautioned. Lynch would have smooth talked his way to why the legal process had play out before cutting if he still had 2 usable arms.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
In hindsight, I wish he just suspended him until the facts came out.

You can't do that. The team gave Reuben very clear and concise expectations to remain a 49er. They gave him clear and concise consequences for not living up to those expectations. You can't then turn around and say "Yeah I know we said we were going to be a hard ass, but you're Reuben so we were just kidding" That sends a bad message to the team and further exasperates the problems with Reuben re-enforcing that people will continue to allow him to skirt responsibility for his actions which is part of his issue, to begin with.

I agree man, just we have such a need for linebackers. That's more of what I'm saying.

This is football!

A smart GM/head coach would have kept him, suspended him, and then traded him! Same result, he would never play here again only we would have received some draft capital! Trade him for a 5th & 7th, now you have your original 7 draft picks!

You don't just give another team a first rounder like Foster. Even if Foster is suspended for the entire year the Redskins have zero risk.

He put himself in yet another stupid position for like the 4 time in less then 2 yrs lol....I don't give a f**k if it's football be a god damn adult. He's putting the organization in harms way by talking to the same girl that said she wanted to ruin the 49ers. He didn't give a s**t about the repercussions nor did he care how it affected his teammates.

Who's trading someone that has DV plastered all over his face?! Stop being a armchair GM this is the real world.

Go look at the backlash D.C has gotten for bringing him in lol. That in itself is risk, especially in todays society...you may not give a s**t about it or how it looks BUT I don't want to root for a team that is cool with bringing in a guy who's getting accused of beating women.

The cherry on top is he was f**king horrible this yr, he was our worst ILBer and graded out as one of the worst Linebackers in the league lol. At this pt he's a name and that name stinks!
doesnt matter if charges dropped again

his dumbass should have never put himself anywhere near that b***h again to begin with
I agree man, just we have such a need for linebackers. That's more of what I'm saying.

Not really....Lee and Warner played better than him this yr. There are a ton of solid options in FA and the position itself isn't as important as say a edge rusher. Go find another good LBer in the 3rd rd again.
Originally posted by WINiner:
In hindsight, I wish he just suspended him until the facts came out.

You can't do that. The team gave Reuben very clear and concise expectations to remain a 49er. They gave him clear and concise consequences for not living up to those expectations. You can't then turn around and say "Yeah I know we said we were going to be a hard ass, but you're Reuben so we were just kidding" That sends a bad message to the team and further exasperates the problems with Reuben re-enforcing that people will continue to allow him to skirt responsibility for his actions which is part of his issue, to begin with.

This we will agree on. I applaud taking the risk, but he blew up in our faces and now we really need 2 starters this next off.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
doesnt matter if charges dropped again

his dumbass should have never put himself anywhere near that b***h again to begin with

So this.

This is football!

He put himself in yet another stupid position for like the 4 time in less then 2 yrs lol....I don't give a f**k if it's football be a god damn adult. He's putting the organization in harms way by talking to the same girl that said she wanted to ruin the 49ers. He didn't give a s**t about the repercussions nor did he care how it affected his teammates.

Who's trading someone that has DV plastered all over his face?! Stop being a armchair GM this is the real world.

Go look at the backlash D.C has gotten for bringing him in lol. That in itself is risk, especially in todays society...you may not give a s**t about it or how it looks BUT I don't want to root for a team that is cool with bringing in a guy who's getting accused of beating women.

The cherry on top is he was f**king horrible this yr, he was our worst ILBer and graded out as one of the worst Linebackers in the league lol. At this pt he's a name and that name stinks!

You answered your own question here. This is football, you are not getting choir boys with every pick.

I cannot stand domestic violence! But guess what, Foster has never been convicted of DV!
You answered your own question here. This is football, you are not getting choir boys with every pick.

I cannot stand domestic violence! But guess what, Foster has never been convicted of DV!

What are you talking about answered my own question? No one would have traded for him, yet you think they would have.

who said anything about wanting choir boys? I simply want someone smart enough to not continually put himself is stupid positions, yet he did over and over.

Ask anyone what is the first thing you think of when you hear the name Ruben Foster....it sure as s**t isn't a great LBer.

Ask anyone what is the first thing you think of when you hear the name Ruben Foster....it sure as s**t isn't a great LBer.

oft-injured moron is the first thing that I think of
I'd have kept him , but then again I prefer that old smash mouth nasty gladiator sport not the football and choir boys you He/she's prefer
I mean the charges were dropped only because they played the angle that she isn't a reliable witness due to her recanting last time.
It's entirely possible that she did recant under duress and everything she says happened did happen.

Our justice system just says she's unreliable therefore not worth the trouble of prosecuting him. This dismissal doesn't mean he didn't do it.

Ultimately, whether he's abusive or not, one thing is for damn certain, he's a fkn idiot. Good riddance.
Share 49ersWebzone