LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 142 users in the forums

Arizona Cardinals thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
On a per-snap basis, Green was one of the least efficient wide receivers in the league last season. He averaged just 1.06 yards per route run, which ranked 92nd out of 103 qualifying wide receivers. Green caught 47 balls for 523 yards and averaged a career-low 11.1 yards per reception. He caught just 45.2 percent of his targets, which ranked last out of 103 qualifying wide receivers. This was after he played just nine total games from 2018-19.

Maybe Green surprises, but why are the Cardinals rushing out to sign him for $6 million? The wide receiver market has been slow, and there are strong indications that younger, more productive players will be available for less in the weeks and months ahead. Arizona needs pass-catching help, but the process here is a bit of a head-scratcher.

https://theathletic.com/2436386/2021/03/18/nfl-free-agency-grades/?

Look at who his qbs were and the horrid oline they both had to pass behind.
Originally posted by jcs:

Didn't seem to bother Tee Higgins who had almost a thousand yards receiving as a rookie. Tyler Boyd has had a thousand yards receiving in two of the past three seasons.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jcs:

Didn't seem to bother Tee Higgins who had almost a thousand yards receiving as a rookie. Tyler Boyd has had a thousand yards receiving in two of the past three seasons.

Bingo. Come on, it ok to admit that a wr is average and severely overpaid
[ Edited by elguapo on Mar 18, 2021 at 9:59 PM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:
It seems like the NFC West besides the 49ers are the only f**king teams that make big moves like this. I wish other divisions had the balls to pony up because now the Cardinals are going to be even harder to beat unless they lose Chandler Jones which they will not.
We are making them now.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by elguapo:
It seems like the NFC West besides the 49ers are the only f**king teams that make big moves like this. I wish other divisions had the balls to pony up because now the Cardinals are going to be even harder to beat unless they lose Chandler Jones which they will not.
We are making them now.

So happy about this. Biggest move in niners draft history
Cardinals signed James Connor... the most mediocre running back in NFL history. Irrelevant signing.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Cardinals signed James Connor... the most mediocre running back in NFL history. Irrelevant signing.

irrelevant team.

Hopkins is insanely good.
Murray doesn't have as high of ceiling as people think.
Watt is good for half the season at best with injury.
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:

irrelevant team.

Hopkins is insanely good.
Murray doesn't have as high of ceiling as people think.
Watt is good for half the season at best with injury.

I agree. Their signings are nice and shiny but they dont fit. Even AJ Green is constantly hurt and hes more of a jump ball and deep pattern guy, he doesnt fit Arizonas goofy, horizontal offense.
I hope the cardinals are adequate this year. Not good enough to make the playoffs but good enough to give Kingsbury one more year. I have a feeling they would love to hire Joe Brady once he becomes a hot name and I think he would be a good HC
Does Marcus Gilbert's retirement force Cards to draft oline in first round?

I think they may consider cb or OT
Who in the blue hell the Cardinals drafted?
The Colgate reach in the draft
Originally posted by pdizo916:

I don't think it's a terrible pick. They need LBs to cover Kittle and that's what they got.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

I don't think it's a terrible pick. They need LBs to cover Kittle and that's what they got.

Well They really needed a corner especially since they already drafted a linebacker in the first round last year. They also needed O line help
[ Edited by elguapo on May 1, 2021 at 6:51 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone