LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Arizona Cardinals thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Do not sleep on this team. They will compete for the division

This is truth. The way they are built, they are just a terrible matchup for us to begin with. But now...?

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

They have a creative play-caller, and a mobile QB who is only going to get better.

QB: Murray
RB: Drake, Edmonds
WR: Hopkins, Fitzgerald, Kirk, Johnson, Butler
TE: Fells, Maxx Williams

Defense they added Jordan Phillips, Divondre Campbell, and Devon Kennard. Dunno how much that helps them on D, but if they make the right picks on defense in the draft, they could be scary.

To the people who don't think AZ is going to be a legitimate contender. Plus the draft.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by English:

I think I will carry on sleeping on them.

Me too! I think some people are forgetting that their offensive line is trash as well as their secondary.

This. They still need a quality draft. If our Dline is healthy and we have a quality draft, the Cards are still likely swept.

Love the confidence, but we beat them by a combined 13 points last year. They played us tough and always do. The rams have issues with us even if they are stronger, the Cawks have issues with the rams even if stronger, we have issues with the cards. Since they joined the west in 2002 we are 19-17. They have 4 OT losses and 2 OT wins. They have matched us with 5 winning seasons during that time, with 2 of ours ending in SB losses VS one SB loss for them.

Getting Hopkins for them was HUGE. If Murray progresses in the off and is improved early in the season, AZ could be a problem.
I think Simmons is like the Aarond Donald pick the Rams got several years back.

A guy that instantly can be tops at his position.

Arizona is clearly our top threat next season imo.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

maybe, but what is his position with the Cards? Linebacker?
Originally posted by AlmighT49er:
Originally posted by Waterbear:

maybe, but what is his position with the Cards? Linebacker?

ANY
Fantastic off-season and draft so far. AZ is definitely going to be there for the division crown.
  • Mayor
  • Veteran
They drafted Berkeleys LB Evan Weaver. That's heartbreaking for me.
[ Edited by Mayor on Apr 25, 2020 at 2:54 PM ]
I hate the Cards
What a killer draft and off season. They could easily win the division. We better be ready
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Stop playing them up every offseason. We do this literally every offseason with them. Keim CANNOT draft. It doesn't matter what "grade" he gets.

Maybe these picks pan out, maybe they don't. But history says Keim can't get it done.
I think I am scared of them the most, if I am just being real with you. Their QB is legit

Originally posted by Ensatsu:
I think I am scared of them the most, if I am just being real with you. Their QB is legit

They are going to be a handful. Those WRs
  • Mayor
  • Veteran
As I said earlier, if their offensive line is allowed to hold and blindside block like Baltimore's was, they could become really dangerous. Other than this, they aren't the major threat to us.
Originally posted by Mayor:
As I said earlier, if their offensive line is allowed to hold and blindside block like Baltimore's was, they could become really dangerous. Other than this, they aren't the major threat to us.

And why is this? Kyler is going to improve greatly. They played us and the division for the most part pretty tough. They have only gotten better with the moves they have made and the talent they brought in. It's going to be a close 3 way race for the division between us, AZ and Seattle.

And why is this? Kyler is going to improve greatly. They played us and the division for the most part pretty tough. They have only gotten better with the moves they have made and the talent they brought in. It's going to be a close 3 way race for the division between us, AZ and Seattle.

The Rams are still a threat imo. Towards the end last year they were back to looking tough and played us tough in the last game. The NFC West is a division like none have been seen in some time and there is already talk of sending 3 teams to the playoffs (even some talking 4 teams, but I can't see that happening). The contenders in the other divisions are thankful because the NFCW is set to beat the s**t out of each other for the foreseeable future. Toughest division in football, each team in the division has been to the SB in the last 12 years.
[ Edited by WINiner on May 4, 2020 at 9:16 AM ]
Originally posted by WINiner:

The Rams are still a threat imo. Towards the end last year they were back to looking tough and played us tough in the last game. The NFC West is a division like none have been seen in some time and there is already talk of sending 3 teams to the playoffs (even some talking 4 teams, but I can't see that happening). The contenders in the other divisions are thankful because the NFCW is set to beat the s**t out of each other for the foreseeable future. Toughest division in football, each team in the division has been to the SB in the last 12 years.

Yea... amazing the NFCW is 1-5 in those SB's
Share 49ersWebzone