There are 275 users in the forums

Arizona Cardinals thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by 49erminion:
Originally posted by Brooklyn9er:
We should've flipped Armstead for Hops 😡
no, we should not. Shanahan can work with any garbage, no need to spend big dollar on a WR. BTW, last season he was played well but was not special.

wtf??? Hopkins is the best receiver in the game.
to me, he is not but one of the best.
and like I said, Shanahan can work with any garbage. on top of that, I don't like spending a lot on a WR. QB and o-line are way more important. Julio Jones or AJ Green bring you nowhere if the surrounding cast sucks.

The surrounding cast in AZ is good. That team is going to be trouble. The division is the best on football. Anyone can come out of it.
I was happy to see Fitz age out, now they got Hopkins.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by 49erminion:
Originally posted by Brooklyn9er:
We should've flipped Armstead for Hops 😡
no, we should not. Shanahan can work with any garbage, no need to spend big dollar on a WR. BTW, last season he was played well but was not special.

wtf??? Hopkins is the best receiver in the game.
to me, he is not but one of the best.
and like I said, Shanahan can work with any garbage. on top of that, I don't like spending a lot on a WR. QB and o-line are way more important. Julio Jones or AJ Green bring you nowhere if the surrounding cast sucks.

The surrounding cast in AZ is good. That team is going to be trouble. The division is the best on football. Anyone can come out of it.

I think the Rams are gonna be even worse this year. I can see AZ finishing 8-8 though and taking 3rd place. It's still our division or the Hawks.
Originally posted by niners94:
I was happy to see Fitz age out, now they got Hopkins.

Ikr? The replaced an aging Fitz with a prime Fitz. Stupid Bo'B
Arizona has added two decent LB's this offseason in Derek Kennard and De'Vondre Campbell. They are having a very solid offseason while the Rams implode and we reload.
Arizona has gotten much better.
I hate Bill O'Brian
Do not sleep on this team. They will compete for the division

I think I will carry on sleeping on them.

This is truth. The way they are built, they are just a terrible matchup for us to begin with. But now...?

These guys will be scary offensively. Thank God their D is like 31st league wide 😂

They have a creative play-caller, and a mobile QB who is only going to get better.

QB: Murray
RB: Drake, Edmonds
WR: Hopkins, Fitzgerald, Kirk, Johnson, Butler
TE: Fells, Maxx Williams

Defense they added Jordan Phillips, Divondre Campbell, and Devon Kennard. Dunno how much that helps them on D, but if they make the right picks on defense in the draft, they could be scary.
They will definitely be scary. However we can potentially add a rookie class just as good as 2019 if we get Ruggs. I'm pinning it on him because of what he can outlock for the offense in the same way that Dee Ford (or Nick Bosa, depending on your perspective) unlocked certain things for our defense. Throw in better IOL play (hello Cesar Ruiz) and we have a team that can probably play any style. But Arizona will definitely be a problem. On the flip side, the Rams have replaced them as the tough team that won't have a winning record I hope the Cardinals blow the draft.
Originally posted by English:

Me too! I think some people are forgetting that their offensive line is trash as well as their secondary.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by English:

Me too! I think some people are forgetting that their offensive line is trash as well as their secondary.

This. They still need a quality draft. If our Dline is healthy and we have a quality draft, the Cards are still likely swept.
Share 49ersWebzone