LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

Arizona Cardinals thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
Has anyone seen any film breakdowns of KingsMurray from week 1?

I am curious to see what Greg Cosell has to say about this offense.

Not yet but his accuracy is solid. So was Jimmy's in 2017.

I'll wait to evaluate Murray after a game where he has been rattled.

Agreed. I don't think we can really take much from Murray's play right now other than his pure talent. I am actually more interested in seeing what kinds of things Kingsbury calls on offense. It'll probably be at least a month before we know what they are going to look like offensively.
He's looks good from what I've seen. Cards have been more competitive then I thought they would be.
Kaepernick is the only QB that I've seen run out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage more frequently than Murray. Dude realizes its costing his team yards each time he does that...right?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Kaepernick is the only QB that I've seen run out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage more frequently than Murray. Dude realizes its costing his team yards each time he does that...right?

wants to keep the yards per play down around 5.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
#TardedThingsHappen
Thanks for Bosa
In a game that they were down 14-10 at half, David Johnson got 11 carries
How long before Murray commits to the Oakland A's Again?

Have you watched him play recently? He plays like a guy who is just happy to be earning a crapload of money. Arians also did a much better job of using him as a receiver and moving him around to attack a defense.
One of the things I'm looking forward to this season:

Ford-Buckner-AA-Bosa against the Cardinals O-line.

Anyone notice that Murray has been sacked 16 times in 3 games. So much for the theory that he's so fast and elusive that they won't be able to catch him. Everyone is fast in the NFL and those holes he used to escape in college close up much quicker. He can't read the defense fast enough to get rid of the ball. The Cards really screwed up taking him before they has a decent line. They could have drafted a tackle or traded back last year and waited until this year to get a QB. Much better QB class in 2020.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Anyone notice that Murray has been sacked 16 times in 3 games. So much for the theory that he's so fast and elusive that they won't be able to catch him. Everyone is fast in the NFL and those holes he used to escape in college close up much quicker. He can't read the defense fast enough to get rid of the ball. The Cards really screwed up taking him before they has a decent line. They could have drafted a tackle or traded back last year and waited until this year to get a QB. Much better QB class in 2020.

Their O-line is still horrible, Agree, the Tards really messed up. In addition to taking Murray #1, they hired a putrid Head Coach.

Have you watched him play recently? He plays like a guy who is just happy to be earning a crapload of money. Arians also did a much better job of using him as a receiver and moving him around to attack a defense.

I haven't watched that close since they've been on the same time as us the past few weeks, but from what I have seen, they just aren't being creative with him at all. A few years ago, he was the most explosive guy they had, and now he just looks like a decoy.
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Their O-line is still horrible, Agree, the Tards really messed up. In addition to taking Murray #1, they hired a putrid Head Coach.

Taking Murray number 1 isn't so bad. It's the HC hire. Also, taking Murray number 1 ignores the bigger problem- the team was awful and it wasn't the fault of Rosen. The only difference is that Murray's talent gives the illusion that the team isn't as bad as one would think, but in taking him in 2019, they have to realize this is a lost season, and be prepared to spend the next two seasons increasing the talent level- notably on the O-line. If they do that, they can think about competing in 2021.

With that said, I hope we set the sack record against the Cardinals.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Doesn't size generally correlate directly to ones ability to endure NFL punishment? Generally speaking bigger, stronger, heavier = less injury.

I don't think height does as much as overall frame. Murray isn't that slight, dude looks pretty thicc in person but Wilson is a freaking tank for a QB. He's built to take sustained beatings. He could have been a RB if he wanted to.

I always thought Solomon Thomas kinda looks like Wilson lol

Solly skipping leg days
Share 49ersWebzone