• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Murray is going to be a problem.

...for our 3rd stingers

lol nah... for the whole league man.

They all better make him pay for it...have him thinking that he should've played MLB lol
Originally posted by LVJay:
They all better make him pay for it...have him thinking that he should've played MLB lol

He didn't play long last night but he looked okay. Notice that he did get sacked so we now know he can't avoid all the pass rushes.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Did he even cross midfield?
Originally posted by okdkid:

No
Looked good last night. Not much to take from pre season game 1. At least he didn't look like Haskins
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by okdkid:

No

Almost every throw was a throw to the sidelines or a screen of some sort. Obviously, they're not showing the entire offense, but it did look like a college offense to me.

We all know Murray has command of a college offense, and that Kingsbury can call a good college offense. What we haven't seen is when teams get film.
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
I only watched his series, and he's got some zip on his throws (which I expected). Almost every throw was toward the sidelines and on time, so that's a start.

I am going to be interested to see how he and Kingsbury adjust once defenses get film on them.

Exactly, all throws were timed, quick to the sideline against DB's who were playing way off the ball and no pass rush. It's a college spread offense that's going to look good for a week or 2 while film is studied. After that it's over. What they gonna do when Bosa, Buck and Ford coming for you? Assuming all 3 are healthy of course.
Originally posted by Oscar8325:
I only watched his series, and he's got some zip on his throws (which I expected). Almost every throw was toward the sidelines and on time, so that's a start.

I am going to be interested to see how he and Kingsbury adjust once defenses get film on them.

Exactly, all throws were timed, quick to the sideline against DB's who were playing way off the ball and no pass rush. It's a college spread offense that's going to look good for a week or 2 while film is studied. After that it's over. What they gonna do when Bosa, Buck and Ford coming for you? Assuming all 3 are healthy of course.

Yeah but Kyler's accuracy and zip compared to his backup was miles apart. Backup's accuracy, or any QB in that game's accuracy was nowhere near Murray's.

Have to admit, Kyler's raw throwing ability was impressive.
He will definitely need to quit clapping on snap.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Kyler Murray: 6/7 for 44 yards (6.3 ypa) with a 92.9 QB rating.

Same game....

Tyrod Taylor: 6/6 for 72 yards (12 ypa) with a 116.7 QB rating.

Reminder... This is preseason football....

That means nothing if you trying to make a point. They play for different teams and went against different defenses. One's a rookie who played his first live NFL action and the other is a seasoned vet with starting experience on his 4th team

Lol. You mind sharing what the same game comment means or what point that makes?

Don't hold your breath. Unless it's a tweet or a gif, you ain't getting a response

Originally posted by Joecool:

Yeah but Kyler's accuracy and zip compared to his backup was miles apart. Backup's accuracy, or any QB in that game's accuracy was nowhere near Murray's.

Jeff George, Jamarcus Russell, Kyle Boller and I can go on had crazy raw throwing ability

Definitely. From what we saw, you can see why he went #1. I want to see what he does when he is forced to throw from the pocket and over the middle. That will happen, and he struggled there in college, so I have to think NFL coaches will force that part quickly.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Jeff George, Jamarcus Russell, Kyle Boller and I can go on had crazy raw throwing ability

So did Rodgers, Mahomes, & Big Ben.
There have been a lot of different styles of offense tried over the years but all the so called gimmick offenses have one thing in common. NFL defenses eventually figure them out. They work in college because the defenses are not nearly as good as the offenses. Look at the point totals in college and compare them to the NFL. It's not even close. The pass rush and the linebacking is much more sophisticated than it is in college so receivers have more time and space to get open. It's really 2 different games in a lot of ways. I enjoy both but I do get tired of watching college teams go up and down the field with little of no resistance. I still like the big hits, sacks and INT's.

Definitely. From what we saw, you can see why he went #1. I want to see what he does when he is forced to throw from the pocket and over the middle. That will happen, and he struggled there in college, so I have to think NFL coaches will force that part quickly.

In this era, the bold will not be a problem. We have been waiting for that from Wilson for years now. SEA takes care of that with quick drop timing routes. That's what ARI will do with Murray. Anything from under center will most likely be a quick hitting timing play that requires presnap reads, accuracy and zip more than post snap reads.
Share 49ersWebzone