LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 340 users in the forums

Arizona Cardinals thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Cardinal42:
From another conversation in another thread...just realized AZ has beat SF for 4 straight years.

AZ won both games. Honestly, didnt even realize it. Considering how bad the Cards have sucked since Warner (minus that 1 good year with BA) thats a wild stat. I had no idea AZ was so dominant in this matchup, funny enough to use that word for such a crappy team

I feel like we outplayed you guys 3/4 games and just beat ourselves. We just keep turning the ball over and bad call here and there and the Cardinals capitalised on them.

The Cardinals will be much improved this year with the draft they had. In fact, I wouldn't be suprised if everyone in the division was in the running for first place because the division definitely evened out in terms of overal talent.

I think the downfall for the Cardinals this year will be their offensive and defensive lines. I just don't see the Cardinals being able to run consistently against us (besides runs by Murray) or stop our rush attack which our RB is maybe the deepest group in the NFL with Coleman, McKinnon, Brieda, and Mostert.

I think the trajectory of both our teams is gonna be way up though.

I also wouldn't sleep on the WRs we drafted either. Both Debo and Hurd were chosen before the WRs you guys took and there was a reason for that. While I like Isabella, he showed at the senior bowl that he still needs to tighten up his route running. He tried to use too many head fakes and it just doesn't work against better competition. I will take Deebo over Isabella because I feel he's stronger and the better route runner right now and I'll take Hurd over Butler.

Hurd could be the steal of the draft even though he looked like a reach. I was pounding the table to draft him because you can just see how well he will fit in this system. KS has already shown that he can see things that others just can't. Kittle wasn't even close to being considered the best TE in the draft but it turned out that way. I think something similar to this will happen with Hurd.

Personally, I trust KS to turn Goodwin, Pettis, Deebo, Hurd, and Kittle to easily the best group of receivers in this division. Not to mention McKinnon and Coleman who are two of the best RBs out of the backfield. Oh and the best receiving FB too.

I believe KS will get a lot of mismatches against your second Lb and run the ball at will. KM will make things interesting but he's a rookie and his offensive line is not going to help him in any way and the Cardinals defense still needs a lot of work, especially in the front.

Funny how you say you're not counting Gould in your rankings but how's that Peterson situation looking?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Nice. Just a 4-3-2-1 point assigned by order and then add up by offense, defense. ST and total just to get an idea where the NFCW stacks up on on talent alone.

elguapo is right too in that depth, health, coaching, development, scheme, experience at the QB position, etc. all will affect the talent and end results as well.
Alright I got it. In that case it breaks down like this:

LA - 33
SF - 29
AZ - 28
Seattle - 20

Thats accurate. I will say AZ takes a MAJOR hit on the OL. If they had any OL help at all, they'd be neck and neck with LA. Tellin ya, enjoy it while you can. AZ is 1 draft (2020) and FA away from being real contenders. They filled all other needs 2019. 2020 looks like its got some A+ OL too. So im looking forward to it.

This year will be bad. But improved on last

Yeah, if you felt a unit was really really bad, I guess you could assign a 0. LOL. Or if heads and shoulder's above the another team, a 5.

I agree about their future. This was an excellent draft indeed on paper. Tons of value, picks and weapons for Murray.

Most of these talent evaluations go: LA, SF, SEA, AZ but the gaps are closing and closing in a hurry. In fact, I could see the whole NFCW beat the hell out of each other.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 10, 2019 at 5:51 AM ]
From another conversation in another thread...just realized AZ has beat SF for 4 straight years.

AZ won both games. Honestly, didnt even realize it. Considering how bad the Cards have sucked since Warner (minus that 1 good year with BA) thats a wild stat. I had no idea AZ was so dominant in this matchup, funny enough to use that word for such a crappy team

If you remember those games and watched all of them, you would realize the Niners absolutely killed the Cardinals in a few of those games they just lost on the scoreboard. Which I am very glad they did especially the last two years because that helped us get great players in the draft. I'm grateful to Arizona for capitalizing on idiots like beathard giving the game away or the comedy of injuries and undrafted players starting. Thanks for helping us get Bosa this year
Originally posted by elguapo:
If you remember those games and watched all of them, you would realize the Niners absolutely killed the Cardinals in a few of those games they just lost on the scoreboard. Which I am very glad they did especially the last two years because that helped us get great players in the draft. I'm grateful to Arizona for capitalizing on idiots like beathard giving the game away or the comedy of injuries and undrafted players starting. Thanks for helping us get Bosa this year
And if the losses continue to happen this year?
Originally posted by WeBlitz:
Originally posted by elguapo:
And if the losses continue to happen this year?

That depends. If we are injured again just like last year I guess our depth might get us to six wins or seven wins. So if we are healthy I don't expect the losses to continue one bit. If they do then there needs to be some serious changes (to dc or maybe some solid yet unspectacular players)
The Cardinals are building a college offense. It's going to be interesting defending against that. It would pretty much put our nickel defense on the field almost all the time.

QB: Murray
RB: David Johnson
WRs: Larry Fitzgerald, Christian Kirk, Pharoh Cooper, Andy Isabella, Hakeem Butler, Keesean Johnson
TE: Charles Clay, Ricky Seals Jones, Caleb Wilson

Totally built around height/weight/speed/quickness players.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
The Cardinals are building a college offense. It's going to be interesting defending against that. It would pretty much put our nickel defense on the field almost all the time.

WRs: Larry Fitzgerald, Christian Kirk, Pharoh Cooper, Andy Isabella, Hakeem Butler, Keesean Johnson

and their building an O-Line the quality of the Chip Kelly Niners '16 O-Line.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

and their building an O-Line the quality of the Chip Kelly Niners '16 O-Line.

I hope them ignoring the OL means we will feast on Murray and cause a lot of interceptions and get some sacks.

Lol. Alright. Cardinals never get championship for since? . You are suck because Cardinals is not better than 49ers. 49ers got 5 championship.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

What was the record from 2009-2014?

I seem to recall the 49ers having the Cardinals # there even in tough years like 2013.....

Expect us to go back to the start of this decade very soon.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

lol what a loser.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Oops
Soooooooo, did he do drugs just to get away from Keim?
Share 49ersWebzone