There are 232 users in the forums

Arizona Cardinals thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
I would like to just say again that the Cardinals have the worst sports announcers in football. Can't stand that guy with the deep voice lol. That is all.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Cell phone breaks

Tomsula v2.0

Kingsbury said Tuesday at the NFL owners meetings that he'll implement "cellphone breaks" during team meetings. He did something similar while coaching at Texas Tech but will adapt it for NFL players.

"They're itching to get to those things," he said.

Kingsbury will let the players break for their phones every 20 or 30 minutes -- what he called a "good run" -- right around the time he usually starts to see players lose interest.

"You start to see kind of hands twitching and legs shaking, and you know they need to get that social media fix, so we'll let them hop over there and then get back in the meeting and refocus," Kingsbury said.

While coaching the Red Raiders the past six years, Kingsbury saw firsthand just how short young football players' attention spans can be. Kingsbury said the average age in the NFL is 25, not much older than the players he coached in college.

Instead of asking them to sit for longer stretches, Kingsbury will adjust his meetings to maximize their focus.

"I think coming from the college ranks to obviously, those young men, it's got to be quick hitters, 20 minutes at a time, give them a break and get them back in," he said. "We want to make sure that when we have them, they're focused, and they're locked in, and we're maximizing their time.

"So if we've got to split it up or have shorter meetings, that's what we do."

49ers pleasing millennials by allowing phone breaks during meetings

The 49ers' coaching staff is trying to connect with its younger players, so they did some research and discovered a way to please the millennials on the roster.

The team's coaching staff, led by new head coach Jim Tomsula, reached out to experts, according to the Wall Street Journal. They contacted Stanford University and others to find out the best way to connect with the youth, and how their brain works.

One thing they discovered was short attention spans. In order to cater to their needs, the 49ers changed up how they do business. Instead of having meetings that go on for as long as two hours, they now break it up into 30-minute blocks, each followed by 10-minute breaks for players to go on their phone, or do whatever.

"The [experts] are telling me about attention spans and optimal learning," Tomsula said. "I'm thinking, 'My gosh, we sit in two-hour meetings. You are telling me after 27 minutes no one's getting anything?' "

The coaches realized that instead of discriminating against the things the younger generation likes, it's better to embrace them. Some other changes include going to a digital playbook, having weekly discussions on social media and having alerts go to players' digital calendars instead of printed copies.

"We haven't handed out a piece of paper to a player this year and they love it," Tomsula said.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/49ers-millennials-social-media-phone-breaks-during-meetings-jim-tomsula-attention-span/1niqbsdrzcvn21m8ritg8u7p60
"I mean, it's annoying but, like, it is what it is. Football's a business, and I definitely the higher-ups and their decisions. . . . Whatever decisions are made, it's my duty to prove them right if they keep me, and prove them wrong if they ship me off."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/18/josh-rosen-breaks-silence-confirms-his-uncertain-status/

Welp that effectively puts to rest the scenario in which they have told Rosen "ignore the media BS we are just trying to generate interest for a trade down" for trade bait (it never made sense to me to begin with). They are taking Murray and Bosa will be a 49er. Take it to the bank.
Originally posted by WINiner:
"I mean, it's annoying but, like, it is what it is. Football's a business, and I definitely the higher-ups and their decisions. . . . Whatever decisions are made, it's my duty to prove them right if they keep me, and prove them wrong if they ship me off."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/18/josh-rosen-breaks-silence-confirms-his-uncertain-status/

Welp that effectively puts to rest the scenario in which they have told Rosen "ignore the media BS we are just trying to generate interest for a trade down" for trade bait (it never made sense to me to begin with). They are taking Murray and Bosa will be a 49er. Take it to the bank.

They are either trading Rosen or providing a 5 star training course in "How Not To Run An NFL Franchise". Of course, being the Cards it could still be either.
Originally posted by WINiner:

Yup this has been what I've been saying...it wasn't some hush hush hey Rosen don't tell anyone crap lol. Dude has been in the dark like everyone else. IF he was their FQB you tell everyone that and you let everyone know the #1 pick is open for business. at this point there's no going back now.

IMO they knew they were taking Murray right after the combine and realized there wasn't gonna be some treasure chest of draft picks waiting for them. Everything else has been a smokescreen to get a better pick for Rosen IMO.

I think Rosen in LA (chargers) would be good for him. I also think DC in that scheme with a OL would also be a good fit. AZ gonna f**k it up and hold out until a QB get's hurt I bet.
  • Mayor
  • Veteran
I see Rosen in Foxborough...
Murray ?
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Rosens trade value just took a dump...lol

Should have gotten it done before the draft.
Trevor Lawrence will come out in a year or two. Maybe they'll draft him too
No wonder Patrick Peterson wants out.

De-Fo-Sa gonna crush Russell midget 2.0
I love it when a division rival takes a QB in the first round in consecutive years!!!!!!!!!!

Two huge picks and only one position on the field. Lol

Looks the the breakup is now official! Good luck salvaging any good trade value out of this
Originally posted by swoosh6996:

Looks the the breakup is now official! Good luck salvaging any good trade value out of this

I'm sure he's upset but what a little b***h. His team has an opportunity to get a very interesting talent at QB. His ass should be geared up and ready to show the young buck who's team it is.
Share 49ersWebzone