There are 246 users in the forums

Arizona Cardinals thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
hopefully this coach is a dumbass and convinces Keim to skip on Nick Bosa

I think best case scenario for 49ers to get Bosa is a QB rises during predraft and two teams want him. ARI opts to stock up on picks (trade down) because there aren't any offensive prospects worthy of a top5 pick. That ARI offense does need help in a bad way.

How awesome would THAT be! On the other side, the same team(s) offering picks for a QB might move their offer(s) over to the 49ers if AZ grabs Bosa
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Listening to Bidwell, it sounds like AZ's drop to 6th in overall defense was the impetus for firing Wilks. He's really bothered by not running a 3-4 and seemed like he blamed the switch on the drop in ranking. My guess is this was an issue when Wilks was hired.

He also seems determined to improve the offense. He seems to have unrealistic expectations of the offensive production expected last season. He does get that you really should have an offensive guy leading the team to allow for continuity for the young QB by preventing that OC from being pilfered by other teams.

It really seems like Bidwell is calling the shots, not Keim.

http://arizonasports.com/category/podcast_player/?a=353861&sid=1005&n=Burns+%26+Gambo
[ Edited by WINiner on Jan 10, 2019 at 2:21 PM ]
Originally posted by WINiner:
Listening to Bidwell, it sounds like AZ's drop to 6th in overall defense was the impetus for firing Wilks. He's really bothered by not running a 3-4 and seemed like he blamed the drop on the switch. My guess is this was an issue when Wilks was hired.

He also seems determined to improve the offense. He seems to have unrealistic expectations of the offensive production expected last season. He does get that you really should have an offensive guy leading the team to allow for continuity for the young QB by preventing that OC from being pilfered by other teams.

http://arizonasports.com/category/podcast_player/?a=353861&sid=1005&n=Burns+%26+Gambo

IMO it's most likely that the Wilks-Rosen relationship was not going so well (or not as well as the org wanted).
Ben Mcadoo could be a good under the radar hire. Not HC material but he had good success as an OC
Still holding out hope they shock the world and take Kyler at 1. Don't believe it but it could happen.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Still holding out hope they shock the world and take Kyler at 1. Don't believe it but it could happen.

We gotta hope Kingsbury watches Rosen tape and concludes that Rosen is not able to run the offense Kingsbury wants to run. Then hope some team is willing to trade for Rosen. I know the team squashed this rumor, but I'm putting that into the, "what are they supposed to say" category.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Waterbear:

We gotta hope Kingsbury watches Rosen tape and concludes that Rosen is not able to run the offense Kingsbury wants to run. Then hope some team is willing to trade for Rosen. I know the team squashed this rumor, but I'm putting that into the, "what are they supposed to say" category.

IIRC when Kingsbury played QB, he wasn't the mobile type either. Maybe he can work with that.

That said, if I were ARI, I'd choose Murray over Rosen.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ouch...

• FL9er
  • Veteran
KK will call plays, you're basically a glorified clipboard holder
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Must be nice.

Hiring Hue Jackson as your OC would basically be saying that your young HC is in over his head....and that you want to sabotage that said young HC.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/122973-arizona-cardinals-interview-hue-jackson-offensive-coordinator-position/
Listening to Bidwell, it sounds like AZ's drop to 6th in overall defense was the impetus for firing Wilks. He's really bothered by not running a 3-4 and seemed like he blamed the switch on the drop in ranking. My guess is this was an issue when Wilks was hired.

Did I read that correctly they dropped to 6th in overall defense? Wow I'd be doing backflips if our D got close to that and I can't do a damn backflip to save my life.
Originally posted by ninerjok:

Did I read that correctly they dropped to 6th in overall defense? Wow I'd be doing backflips if our D got close to that and I can't do a damn backflip to save my life.

Right?
Share 49ersWebzone