LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 322 users in the forums

LB Brock Coyle will retire

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
His value just doubled

he still sucks, would rather bring back bowman but he would laugh at us in my opinion
Originally posted by cciowa:
His value just doubled

he still sucks, would rather bring back bowman but he would laugh at us in my opinion
Sucks? He was solid for us last year and helped solidify our run D towards the end. I expect him to be resigned.
Originally posted by pelos21:
Sucks? He was solid for us last year and helped solidify our run D towards the end. I expect him to be resigned.

Ditto
His value just doubled

He absolutely does not suck. He's a good back up player.
His value just doubled

CCIOWA, with another ridiculous statement
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
His value just doubled

He's a 3rd string LB, ST ace and was forced to start at MIKE and took the green dot from Rueben and seemed to get better and better. He absolutely was a terrific value signing and is excellent insurance going forward...esp. given the current circumstances.
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 14, 2018 at 7:52 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by suckafree17:
His value just doubled

CCIOWA, with another ridiculous statement
disagree, bowman would laugh at us.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
His value just doubled

He's a 3rd string LB, ST ace and was forced to start at MIKE and took the green dot from Rueben and seemed to get better and better. He absolutely was a terrific value signing and is excellent insurance going forward...esp. given the current circumstances.

And that is why I think he returns. We are missing starters, and basically have no backups.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
maybe you guys are fine with this guy being given the keys to a important position like this but i am not. you still need to draft a good rookie because foster can not be counted on and we all "hope" smith can be a player for us. that is alot of hoping and wishing in my opinion

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pelos21:

all we ever talk about is we need to keep guys cuz they are good back ups.. kilgore. this guy, aa. etc etc.. does it ever occur to you people that we need good starters in those positions? some people think we are just fine. jimmy made it all good., the positions we thought were weak like o line secondary etc are all of a sudden fixed and all we need are some back up guys.
Bring him back.
He's similar to Kilgore imo in that he lacks starter-level talent, but he's a good guy to have on the roster, if only for depth.
Given the Reubs situation, we definitely don't want to let quality depth and experience in our system walk out of the building.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SammyFrancisco:
Bring him back.
He's similar to Kilgore imo in that he lacks starter-level talent, but he's a good guy to have on the roster, if only for depth.
Given the Reubs situation, we definitely don't want to let quality depth and experience in our system walk out of the building.

we have awful starters and in this case no starters ahead of kilgore and coyle. smith is a wild card, depth is fine. do you not think we should actually have some decent people starting
we have awful starters and in this case no starters ahead of kilgore and coyle. smith is a wild card, depth is fine. do you not think we should actually have some decent people starting

Ideally he won't start, but he's shown he can if need be. Depending on the Reuben situation, we may cut him and draft a rookie LB to start. Coyle's a good guy to have as a veteran and an insurance policy.

He's like Kilgore, but Kilgore is a lot worse imo. Kilgore I don't ever want to see on the field again, but apparently Jimmy and Kyle like him so he must be an A+ locker-room/film-room guy or something.

With 53 guys on the team, not all of them can project as above-replacement starters. Especially since our roster, top-to-bottom, still lacks talent in a major way.
Sign this dude.. Played solid, knows the D inside and out.... Can call the plays to the D.
Share 49ersWebzone