There are 245 users in the forums

Kicker Robbie Gould

Shop 49ers game tickets
Can we please keep Robbie?
Love potion #9
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Is this going to turn into the kicking carousel each week?

Might be worth using of those many draft picks we have on one eh
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Cardinals fans celebrated when he left. Mr anti-clutch. Big leg but fell apart in key moments. Yikes.

https://arizonasports.com/story/2464947/zane-gonzalez-crunch-time-missed-kicks-a-trend-for-arizona-cardinals/

This scares me.

Id prefer we get Robbie back: an aging, dependable, accurate, clutch kicker. But we would still have problems with returns on kickoffs, he doesn't have the leg to kick it into the end zone. And he'll cost more than Zane or a rookie.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
I don't think Robbie will be back I think Gonzales is insurance for the kicker in the draft they like who may not be there
Originally posted by JMC52:
I don't think Robbie will be back I think Gonzales is insurance for the kicker in the draft they like who may not be there

I think they traded for Gonzalez to put pressure on Gould
why the heck wouldn't he want to be here??

still dont get it
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:

still dont get it

He probably is comfortable so he doesn't need to play again, he can sit out and wait for a 5-6 million per year deal or wait until a need arises and sign there. Good spot to be in for him.

still dont get it

I'm with you. Doesn't sound like it's about money, so the next big incentive would be a ring, and his best shot at one of those is here.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
He probably is comfortable so he doesn't need to play again, he can sit out and wait for a 5-6 million per year deal or wait until a need arises and sign there. Good spot to be in for him.

This. I think the only openings are TB and the Rams. Although many teams could sign him and cut their existing kicker.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

still dont get it

Really good call.

Someone is going to pay him especially when they lose games because of missed FG's.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Really good call.

Someone is going to pay him especially when they lose games because of missed FG's.

Could also be waiting for May 1st. Then him signing won't count against the teams comp fomula.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Montana:
Can we please keep Robbie?
Love potion #9

Nah its time to move on and find another option.
I wonder if it could also just be time away. Stay in shape, get his work in, can sign a contract to start preseason.
There will be some team that will sign him, when their kicker chokes.
Originally posted by WildBill:
There will be some team that will sign him, when their kicker chokes.

This is assuming the phone rings. What if it doesn't? The job market for an NFL kicker is very limited.

The fact that Gould hasn't signed anywhere yet tells me there may not be much demand for him. Not as much as he believes.

My guess is: If that offer doesn't come, I accept the contract the 49ers have offered (provided they have offered one) before the NFL draft.
Share 49ersWebzone