There are 146 users in the forums

NY Jets HC-Robert Saleh

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think something happens with Saleh tomorrow. Just a gut feeling.

I concur. He's getting hired for sure. Either Jets or Eagles if they know what's good for them

I think he's just going through the motion with the Eagles, I really doubt he'll sign there. His OC would be stuck with not one but two QB's that he may not prefer. Not to mention that place is a mess right now, IMO worse than the Jets.

Possibly but I think Wentz isn't seen as a lost cause and Jalen showed major flashes as well. If they want their defense to improve I bet they do take Saleh seriously. They already have good Tes rbs OL and above avg wrs so imo defense is the priority even with that dl and Slay.

Either way we get a 3rd this year and next

How do you figure we get a 3rd next year too?
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 14, 2021 at 4:13 AM ]
Man the Jets are stupid, they had him in the building twice and let him leave.

I can't imagine Saleh wouldn't smash an interview out of the park, the only question I would have would be the staff he could put together.

I think his OC would be Lafluer (I mean he was Matt's best man!)

I'm not sure he'd get anyone to be his DC.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

I can't imagine Saleh wouldn't smash an interview out of the park, the only question I would have would be the staff he could put together.

I don't know why the Jaguars don't have any interest in Saleh. Khan and Saleh are both of Middle Eastern decent - I think they'd hit it off.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 14, 2021 at 5:31 AM ]
  • Jiks
  • Veteran
Lolplolol the Jets. Fitting.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

I highly doubt they had him in the building twice. I'd be willing to bet that due to Covid that the 1st round of interviews are being done over Zoom or something similar. That's another reason that teams are doing more interviews, they can really bang them out versus flying everyone in.
Saleh must want to be a head coach badly if he is willing to go to the Jets lol. Atleast we don't have to worry about many of our players following him there lol.
[ Edited by JTB1974 on Jan 14, 2021 at 6:28 AM ]
I don't know why the Jaguars don't have any interest in Saleh. Khan and Saleh are both of Middle Eastern decent - I think they'd hit it off.
Yeah, people in the Middle East get along all the time...

I concur. He's getting hired for sure. Either Jets or Eagles if they know what's good for them

I think he's just going through the motion with the Eagles, I really doubt he'll sign there. His OC would be stuck with not one but two QB's that he may not prefer. Not to mention that place is a mess right now, IMO worse than the Jets.

Possibly but I think Wentz isn't seen as a lost cause and Jalen showed major flashes as well. If they want their defense to improve I bet they do take Saleh seriously. They already have good Tes rbs OL and above avg wrs so imo defense is the priority even with that dl and Slay.

How do you figure we get a 3rd next year too?

reward for developing a minority coach into a head coach. 3d rounder this year and next! Go Saleh!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I just think that locker room is a mess and changes will need to be made for any head coach that signs there.

Question, are the two 3rd round picks teams get for losing coaches tradeable??
Yes, they are tradable

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Yeah, people in the Middle East get along all the time...

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

Take this job Saleh.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Take this job Saleh.

Brian Daboll told Telesco he would've drafted Jaire instead of Derwin James.
SD is the best fit imo.
Share 49erswebzone