LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

SUPER BOWL LI: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS vs ATLANTA FALCONS

Shop 49ers game tickets

SUPER BOWL LI: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS vs ATLANTA FALCONS

• Jasta
  • Veteran
Gotta say Atlanta if their D does enough to slow the Pats even slightly.

They might be able to negate Julio and/or Freeman, but they've got weapons everywhere and Ryan is playing like an MVP.
This game can be the Force against the Evil Empire. Belichick, with his hoodie concealing his eyes says, Brady you are my son.
You always ear that the team scoring first wins the superbowl almost 2 times out of three
Did u know that the team scoring the first TD is 37-13 ! Almost 3 out of 4 times
Although in this game that will probably see both teams score more than 20 points each (and having offenses that can score easely) it may not be an important stat

When i saw that falcons offense against the seahawks and the packers it made me think of our beloved superbowl 29 champions. Their defense played better but still were average during the second half of the season. But i believe they will overmatched the patriots and win it 27-24
[ Edited by 49Fever on Jan 25, 2017 at 3:18 PM ]
Originally posted by Jasta:

They might be able to negate Julio and/or Freeman, but they've got weapons everywhere and Ryan is playing like an MVP.

Nobody can negate the Boss Don Julio Motherf**kin' Jones. #facts
Yeah as that it could be a game for the ages or a blowout! Either way!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Atlanta has the edge on offense, but take away Julio and the 2/3 (WRs) are pretty much even there... Hogan / Mitchell aren't slouches for Patsies and Edelman is legit. I give the edge of RB to Falcons as Freeman is a total mismatch for Patsies' LBs. The Olines are solid (even)!!

The offenses will get their yards / stats, BUT obviously, the defense that forces more FGs will likely bring home the trophy.

Both defenses are good, but not great, and I give a slight lean to NE [overall]. However, Atlanta shouldn't flinch as they have beat down good defenses / good coaching staffs all season (Seattle twice). This isn't Quinn's first rodeo, he / DC will have their defense prepared.

The Patsies been here many times, but the Falcons could get nervous under the biggest spot light. I'm more concerned with key player's and Ryan's mental toughness. If they can get past the big lights / butterflies, and just roll like they have been, They will win.

I'll take the +3 (Falcons) and the total over 59. I'm tempted to take Atlanta on the money line since a score of (38-30) isn't farfetched.

Btw, this Joe guy is gonna spill the beans
http://www.espn.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/25407/former-patriot-joe-vellano-now-super-bowl-bound-with-falcons
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
can't wait to see Lady Gaga.
I feel like the Falcons are a little bit overrated. The lost 5 games this year, and they played in a relatively weak division (Bucs, Saints, Panthers are always very average). The Pats also in a weak division, but they also won 14 games, and that was without Tom Brady for 4 games.

Atlanta has tons of weapons, but it's so common to see these high-octane offenses shut down by good defenses. The #1 defense and #1 offense have met in the Super Bowl 7 times, and the team with the #1 defense has won 6 of those times. Now, I for sure don't think New England's defense is on par with #1 defenses we've seen in recent years (like Denver's or Seattle's), but they do scheme really well; I think that's the one knock on the Patriots -- they are the #1 defense statistically, but but their weak schedule (especially in terms of opposing offenses) probably played a factor in that.

At the end of the day it's hard to bet against Belichick and Brady.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

He ain't nothing to write home about
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000779832/article/kyle-shanahan-pats-defense-best-falcons-have-seen

"The reason some are discounting the Patriots' defensive statistics is due to a cavalcade of sub-par quarterbacks faced during the season. New England went against three top-10 offenses during the 2016 regular season -- Arizona, Pittsburgh and Buffalo (twice) -- allowing 19.5 PPG in those contests."

"[Shanahan and the Falcons' offense faced three top-10 scoring defenses in the regular season, averaging 25 points per game, per ESPN.]"

"The Falcons' offense has been unstoppable this year, scoring 30-plus points in each of its last six games and averaging 40.0 PPG during the playoffs."

Cards and Bills offense is nothing near Falcon's offense / players. Twice NE played Pitt and in both contests Pitt was depleted / missing key players. Not to mention, NE has them mentally beat (they're inside Pitt's head like Seattle to 49ers).

In my (not humble) opinion, the fact that NE hasn't faced an offense like Atlanta's out weighs the fact that the Falcons will be facing the number one defense. Barring significant injuries and/or mentally choking the game away, the Falcons should come out victorious in a close shoot out.

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
This game can be the Force against the Evil Empire. Belichick, with his hoodie concealing his eyes says, Brady you are my son.

LOL The Hoodie Strikes Back!
Originally posted by Jasta:

Agree. This game will be all about the ATL Defense vs the NE Offense. I'm just happy that ATL does play an aggressive style of defense. I don't care how good at defense is, if you play cover vs Brady, he will pick it apart because he loves the routes from the slot. Very rarely does he throw to a WR who starts his routes outside the has marks.
Originally posted by LVJay:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000779832/article/kyle-shanahan-pats-defense-best-falcons-have-seen

"The reason some are discounting the Patriots' defensive statistics is due to a cavalcade of sub-par quarterbacks faced during the season. New England went against three top-10 offenses during the 2016 regular season -- Arizona, Pittsburgh and Buffalo (twice) -- allowing 19.5 PPG in those contests."

"[Shanahan and the Falcons' offense faced three top-10 scoring defenses in the regular season, averaging 25 points per game, per ESPN.]"

"The Falcons' offense has been unstoppable this year, scoring 30-plus points in each of its last six games and averaging 40.0 PPG during the playoffs."

Cards and Bills offense is nothing near Falcon's offense / players. Twice NE played Pitt and in both contests Pitt was depleted / missing key players. Not to mention, NE has them mentally beat (they're inside Pitt's head like Seattle to 49ers).

In my (not humble) opinion, the fact that NE hasn't faced an offense like Atlanta's out weighs the fact that the Falcons will be facing the number one defense. Barring significant injuries and/or mentally choking the game away, the Falcons should come out victorious in a close shoot out.

They gonna cheat.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LVJay:

He ain't nothing to write home about

i'll fight you.

said no one ever
Share 49ersWebzone