There are 183 users in the forums

Wade Phillips headed to the RAMS

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
I wonder how they are going to move to a 3-4. There are not really suited for that.

Quinn can make a easy transition to OLB.

Hayes is too big for a OLB and too small for a DE

Donald can be a good DE but IMO is better utilized in a 4-3 DT role

Mark Barron is too small for a ILB

Alec Ogletree and Michael Brockers can make an easy transition

I dont know who would play nose.

Have you seen Wade Phillips?
That sucks. The Rams will have a very good defense. This is bad news for 49ers fans. Wade Phillips is one of the very best DC's in the NFL.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:
That sucks. The Rams will have a very good defense. This is bad news for 49ers fans. Wade Phillips is one of the very best DC's in the NFL.

That I agree with. He would've been perfect fit here in SF.
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by WINiner:

That I agree with. He would've been perfect fit here in SF.

I was really hoping. Maybe Vrabel.
I'm hearing Wade will keep the Rams a 4-3.

Then again, Vic Fangio did the unthinkable and turned the last 4-3-since-birth Bears D and turned it into 3-4.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
I'm hearing Wade will keep the Rams a 4-3.

Then again, Vic Fangio did the unthinkable and turned the last 4-3-since-birth Bears D and turned it into 3-4.

I hope you're right because his bread and butter is 3-4.
they dont have the personal for 3-4 D.. maybe there be a trade or shake up on the D Line
Wade wants his 7th HC appointment 3 years from now.
Smart move for the Rams.
Originally posted by kazak13:
they dont have the personal for 3-4 D.. maybe there be a trade or shake up on the D Line

Wade isn't just coming into LA to run his own 3-4 scheme.

I expect, and based on what I've read that he has said, that he will adjust to our D and some modified 4-3.

Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Smart move for the Rams.

I think so.

Obviously, the results are yet to be seen, but I think they did a good job on hiring well.
While everyone else is setting up we are still talking to people, Tom Cable come on down!

Almost everyone we have talked to has been hired except Shanahan & Mcdaniels for obvious reasons. I am starting to get concerned as to what assistant coaches will be available when we make the GM/HC hire.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Apparently they're digging around the bottom of the barrel for an OC.

Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports that the Dolphins have blocked the Rams' request to interview offensive line coach Chris Foerster for the (offensive coordinator) opening. Teams may block assistants from interviewing with other teams for positions other than head coach.

There gonna run McVay's offense. OC is a glorified advisor/teaching aide.
Share 49ersWebzone