There are 173 users in the forums

Sean McDermott: Bills head coach

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by thl408:
Aw come on guys, can you feel the love? It's not about wins, it's about love and trust. If this guy flames out he can always be a marriage counselor.

"In order to build chemistry you've got to really know one another," McDermott said before the Panthers broke camp on Tuesday. "I want guys to spend time with one another, really get to know one another and care for one another. At the end of the day it's about love and trust."

Apparently, he played safety alongside Darren Sharper in college - an interesting contrast of personalities there.
I've posted in some other threads that last year he was promoting Mike McCoy as his offensive coordinator if he was hired and McCoy was fired last season. That could be a reality this offseason.

Still though, he does kind of feel like a generic canididate. He doesn't make me want to grimace in disappointment or smile in joy. He's just kinda there.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
the funny part is that we're interviewing all these coaches and future GMs, wasting flight money when the truth is Jed and a few of his HOMIES may have already chosen and is just clarifying the contract of our new HC & GM behind all close doors..

He's prolly already hand picked the MEN he wants to run the team, and pulling all the crap interviews to make us believe that he's doing all these thoroughly..
Originally posted by 9moon:
the funny part is that we're interviewing all these coaches and future GMs, wasting flight money when the truth is Jed and a few of his HOMIES may have already chosen and is just clarifying the contract of our new HC & GM behind all close doors..

He's prolly already hand picked the MEN he wants to run the team, and pulling all the crap interviews to make us believe that he's doing all these thoroughly..

This. When I saw the news of us interviewing someone from the Cardinals organization, I thought this exactly.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

This. When I saw the news of us interviewing someone from the Cardinals organization, I thought this exactly.

Hey I'm cool with that, that means it's either Shanahan, McDaniels, or McVay which end of the day I can live with. I can also live with all the GM candidates they already interviewed outside of Raye.

If they want to fly around and mark it as a write off fine by me....as long as they already got their guys
Originally posted by NYniner85:

could be a great under the radar hire.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

could be a great under the radar hire.

would be even better if they can keep Lynn as OC
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
The problem with the Bills is the same as all these bad teams that have constant coaching turnover, ownership, no quarterback.
Originally posted by FL9er:
The problem with the Bills is the same as all these bad teams that have constant coaching turnover, ownership, no quarterback.

Bills might be a team that could move up in the draft for a QB (they have the 10th overall pick).

• 9moon
  • Veteran
The Bills will waste no time and will try to get Watson as the 2nd overall..
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
The Bills will waste no time and will try to get Watson as the 2nd overall..

Good, I hope that happens.
  • thl408

(thread will be moved to NFL Talk later)
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Happy for the guy.. Finally landed a Head Coaching job..

Too bad the 49ers were TOO SLOW to hire a good one here..
McDermott knew that he ain't good enough for the 9ers, so he ran and take a less attractive job. Poor guy.
Share 49ersWebzone