There are 155 users in the forums

Should the NFL force incompetent owners to divest?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Should the NFL force incompetent owners to divest?

The owners are the NFL
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
If ownership fails to produce credible football operations in a certain period of time say five to ten years should the NFL force the owners to sell their share?

What should the criteria be and how could it be done?

I'm thinking of us a little bit but mostly teams like San Diego Oakland cleveland who have been at the bottom for over a decade.

Ownership shouldn't get a free ride the fans deserve better. In theory with the salary cap there shouldn't be a major Market bias anymore.

no, the NFL wont force owners out because they fail to do the bolded

the NFL WILL force out an owner, if they jeopardize, their ability to make money (i.e. scandal, illegal operations, etc)

Al Davis kept control of his team, even through all of the s**t he put the league through.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
If ownership fails to produce credible football operations in a certain period of time say five to ten years should the NFL force the owners to sell their share?

What should the criteria be and how could it be done?

I'm thinking of us a little bit but mostly teams like San Diego Oakland cleveland who have been at the bottom for over a decade.

Ownership shouldn't get a free ride the fans deserve better. In theory with the salary cap there shouldn't be a major Market bias anymore.

Sounds pretty un-American to me
This will never happen because it would cost the owners tens if not hundreds of millions to lose control of when they sell the team. Owners wait for good offers which don't usually come after a series of losing seasons.

The only way to force out an owner is for the fans to stop going to games and stop buying concessions and merchandise. Most owners will sell if they see the franchise continue to lose value with no sign of that stopping.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
No. Just like uncle Sam shouldn't force people to buy health insurance.

lol very separate issues. nice fail though.

but to answer the question, yes. all of us in the work place have to produce, if not we get fired. big company CEOs can get replaced as well. and same in the NFL, players, coaches, trainers, etc., don't do their job right they can also get fired. shouldn't be a difference with owners.

They aren't the equivalent of CEOs. That would be the GM. They are the owners.

Guys like Steve Jobs, Neeleman, Yang, and others have been basically kicked out of their own company.

They didnt own the companies. They started them were driving force behind the success of the company, but in the end they answer to the Board of Directors.

They did. Who you think hired the BOD. That's just one of the issues with having a BOD, is that they can fire you from your own company, like it happened to Jobs. Not sure how you are even trying to argue this lol.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
no, the NFL wont force owners out because they fail to do the bolded

the NFL WILL force out an owner, if they jeopardize, their ability to make money (i.e. scandal, illegal operations, etc)

Al Davis kept control of his team, even through all of the s**t he put the league through.

Are you saying that's the way it is, or it should be this way?
Only if they say something racist on a voice recording
Originally posted by glorydayz:
The owners are the NFL

This
Share 49ersWebzone