LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 169 users in the forums

Black Monday

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Giants9ersfan:
If we could be so lucky. Mike as Team President, "insert someone GOOD" as GM, Kyle as HC.

These are the Yorks, the money keeps coming in. An organization of workers that will yes you to death. In the back of my mind it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Baalke stays, Chip becomes the fall guy and they hire some over the hill coach or more likely someone who has never coached a game in his life. There is no pressure to hire a real coach, the Stadium is done. Life is good.
Jed is not getting demoted. Even if he were, John/Denise would not make any difference.

Trent has to be gone, there needs to be a scapegoat. Gamble is the probable replacement according to York's track record. Any outsider would have to be someone who can't do any better for themselves. Don't count on any football guru, remember, the Yorks chased Walsh out of the building.

Chip will stay -- Trent is the scapegoat and Gamble is the new GM. Plus, Yorks are not going to pay Tomsula, Chip and a new coach next year.

Book it!
Originally posted by Giants9ersfan:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Let the Paraag era begin.

Shanahan era.

If we could be so lucky. Mike as Team President, "insert someone GOOD" as GM, Kyle as HC.
Do we like Kyle Shanahan or Darrell Bevell?

I always looked at Chip as Public Enemy #3 after Baalke and the players. But he is moving up the ladder. No adjustments after the half in 3 games? C'mon son!
Originally posted by DASeiler49:
Really hoping for a big shakeup. Week 7 I thought give Kelly one more year. Now? How the hell do you lose 13 straight. Can him.

Would you fire Hue Jackson if you were Cleveland?
Nothing will change, get ready for the players unexpected early retirement excuses.

Baalke stays, Chip stays, Paarag stays, and we all do it again next year with promises of greatness.
Originally posted by midrdan:
Originally posted by DASeiler49:
Really hoping for a big shakeup. Week 7 I thought give Kelly one more year. Now? How the hell do you lose 13 straight. Can him.

Would you fire Hue Jackson if you were Cleveland?

Fair question for sure, I guess my thought is that a less talented team last year won 5 games. Probably just frustration popping up, but no I wouldn't fire Jackson. Good point.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Nothing will change, get ready for the players unexpected early retirement excuses.

Baalke stays, Chip stays, Paarag stays, and we all do it again next year with promises of greatness.

Please No!
My prediction:

1. Marathe is named GM.
2. Gamble is named VP of Player Personnel.
3. Chip stays.
4. We hire a new Defensive Coordinator. Unlikely to be anyone of substance.

... And that's it.

Marathe and Jed will hold a press conference. The talk will be about how Marathe has been a fan of the team forever and has studied football and has grown into this position. Jed will throw in a line like "And Tommy (Gamble) is here to assist with the draft and scouting, etc."

Year 1 of "new regime": We make a splash in FA and draft a QB of the future. But our defense sucks something awful once more. 5-11. York cites progress.

Year 2 of "new regime": Our offense finally looks good. QB is promising. Kelly and Gamble purge a few of our defensive players and fire the D.C. after yet another horrible defensive performance. 7-9. York states we are on the verge.

Year 3 of "new regime": Regression on offensive side of ball. QB fails to take the next step. Defense still horrible. 6-10. York states "No one had higher expectations for this year than me." Kelly fired. Staff fired. Marathe stays and hires the new coach - think a defensive minded coach here.

Years 4-5: All the high draft picks are finally gelling. New coach gets the defense playing really good. But offensively we are flatlined with our QB of the future failing to ascend into a franchise player. But because the offensive coordinator changes twice it's all about how hard it is for the young QB to be learning a new system each year. We go 8-8 both years.
My prediction:

1. Marathe is named GM.
3. Chip stays.

... And that's it.

Marathe and Jed will hold a press conference. The talk will be about how Marathe has been a fan of the team forever and has studied football and has grown into this position. Jed will throw in a line like "And Tommy (Gamble) is here to assist with the draft and scouting, etc."

Year 1 of "new regime": We make a splash in FA and draft a QB of the future. But our defense sucks something awful once more. 5-11. York cites progress.

Year 2 of "new regime": Our offense finally looks good. QB is promising. Kelly and Gamble purge a few of our defensive players and fire the D.C. after yet another horrible defensive performance. 7-9. York states we are on the verge.

Year 3 of "new regime": Regression on offensive side of ball. QB fails to take the next step. Defense still horrible. 6-10. York states "No one had higher expectations for this year than me." Kelly fired. Staff fired. Marathe stays and hires the new coach - think a defensive minded coach here.

Years 4-5: All the high draft picks are finally gelling. New coach gets the defense playing really good. But offensively we are flatlined with our QB of the future failing to ascend into a franchise player. But because the offensive coordinator changes twice it's all about how hard it is for the young QB to be learning a new system each year. We go 8-8 both years.

Most plausible prediction I've seen on here. 100% can see this happening.
Screw that.. I say start today, back up the truck and toss Baalke and Kelly in, and start from scratch.

My prediction:

1. Marathe is named GM.
3. Chip stays.
As dumb as that sounds, I fear it's the most probable outcome. Nobody of substance is going to want to work with the York's. They have proven, for the last two decades, they only want to win at the right price. That mantra doesn't work in professional sports, and they just don't get it.
Originally posted by vermonator:
My prediction:

1. Marathe is named GM.
3. Chip stays.
As dumb as that sounds, I fear it's the most probable outcome. Nobody of substance is going to want to work with the York's. They have proven, for the last two decades, they only want to win at the right price. That mantra doesn't work in professional sports, and they just don't get it.

Do you think they will go after Gus Bradley for DC?
Where are the mock draft threads? We obviously need Linebackers and quality DBs.
Originally posted by 49ersfansince90:
Do you think they will go after Gus Bradley for DC?

If he can't get a job anywhere else, then maybe.
My prediction:

1. Marathe is named GM.
3. Chip stays.

... And that's it.

f u for throwing out such a realistic, dark dark dark sorrowful possibility.
Share 49ersWebzone