There are 253 users in the forums

Jaguars fire Gus Bradley

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Tman:

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/More-From-Former-Eagles-DC-Billy-Davis.html

He wanted him once already and was blocked, things could change post baalke.

Again

Davis will never be a niner employee again, just stop with your false narratives
Media overhyped them the whole offseason
Originally posted by CityKing415:

A lot of people here bought into it too. "Why aren't we being aggressive on free agency like the Jaguars?"

Yet another example of why throwing gobs of money around for free agents is rarely a good idea.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Sometimes I forget the Jags are even in the league

and yet they are better than us...
Blake Brotles Regression monster was amazing.. He has been playing like Brock Osweiler
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Gus Bradley will have plenty of options for DC jobs. He's not coming here unless there is a new HC with a system he can repair his image with.

but if he can turn us into a top 15 defense, he basically gets another HC chance.

That is literally the sales pitch of every team he will speak with. Simply, there are better options for him to get repair his image.
Probably not relevant, but seems like Baalke and Bradley were a year apart as graduate assistants at North Dakota State.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Gus Bradley went 14-48

Yeah, that's a terrible record but to be fair, it isn't easy to win games in the NFL with a boozehound at the quarterback position.
[ Edited by TWD_Fan on Dec 21, 2016 at 4:38 AM ]
Originally posted by TWD_Fan:
Gus Bradley went 14-48

Yeah, that's a terrible record but to be fair, it isn't easy to win games in the NFL with a boozehound at the quarterback position.

So basically Mike Nolan did better. I think it's highly unlikely the Jags win those final two games. Gives great perspective of just how bad a shape that team is in. I'd also pass on hiring him as a DC. Not only can we do better, but I also think that a DC looking for a head coaching job can use the 49ers as a springboard. Chip Kelly is not running the fast paced offense that he ran in Philadelphia. The defense stays on the field because they are terrible and the offense can't consistently move the ball.
  • thl408
Bradley rode the coattails of Carroll and the LOB to that HC gig. He had 4 years to turn around the Jag defense and did jack.

Originally posted by thl408:
Bradley rode the coattails of Carroll and the LOB to that HC gig. He had 4 years to turn around the Jag defense and did jack.

well........ we did choose to hire O'Neal....who was fired by theee Cleveland Browns.

So I never put anything past our Front Office.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 21, 2016 at 7:34 PM ]
Originally posted by zonkers:
Probably not relevant, but seems like Baalke and Bradley were a year apart as graduate assistants at North Dakota State.

BISONS FOR LIFE!
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by CityKing415:

A lot of people here bought into it too. "Why aren't we being aggressive on free agency like the Jaguars?"

Yet another example of why throwing gobs of money around for free agents is rarely a good idea.

I don't think it was b/c of FA's. I think most thought Bortles was taking the next step. He put up some big numbers with Robinson and Hurns. Just like ppl were saying the Raiders were going to take the next step b/c of Carr. I think Carr took the next step and Bortles took a step backwards. Besides Malik Jackson I don't recall them getting many big names in free agency last year.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Gus Bradley went 14-48

Gus Bradley went 14-48

Go check out the official Jaguars board. Bortles' alcoholism is an open secret amongst the Jaguars fanbase.
[ Edited by TWD_Fan on Dec 22, 2016 at 3:22 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone