There are 177 users in the forums

Todd Bowles

I was going to poop on the rumor until I saw the dudes at NFL Network echoing the same story.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by FL9er:
LaCanfora floating the rumor of him going back to AZ if fired.

So he's definitely not going back to Arizona then huh?

Pittsburg as the HC with Arians as his OC.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I was going to poop on the rumor until I saw the dudes at NFL Network echoing the same story.

If there is any legitimacy to it, then that tells you a whole lot about how teams are feeling in regards to the expected head coaching candidates. Beyond McCarthy and maybe a couple others, it looks pretty dismal. Unless I'm convinced I am stuck with a dead-end head coach, like in Denver, it might make sense to hold off on any firing for a year.

Then again, I'd love to see my dude Dave Toub finally get some real attention as a candidate. Teams keep going back to these retreads and hyping up one year wonders like DeFilippo last year and all Toub has done is been one of the very best special teams coordinators for over a decade. His leadership ability is unquestionable and I think with the right team he can be like an Arians, an older first time HC who was constantly passed over and turns out to be a home run for some team.

If there is any legitimacy to it, then that tells you a whole lot about how teams are feeling in regards to the expected head coaching candidates. Beyond McCarthy and maybe a couple others, it looks pretty dismal. Unless I'm convinced I am stuck with a dead-end head coach, like in Denver, it might make sense to hold off on any firing for a year.

Then again, I'd love to see my dude Dave Toub finally get some real attention as a candidate. Teams keep going back to these retreads and hyping up one year wonders like DeFilippo last year and all Toub has done is been one of the very best special teams coordinators for over a decade. His leadership ability is unquestionable and I think with the right team he can be like an Arians, an older first time HC who was constantly passed over and turns out to be a home run for some team.

Yup. There really is nobody out there. Maybe the worse I've ever seen. But this also may mean some other guys, including Toub, could get a look. I'm having a hard time thinking of anyone who has been around and has had a track record of success.
👀

👀

for now...
  • evil
  • Veteran
👀

"I guess I have to say it," Saban said. "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach."

It is possible that doing work thru backdoor channels that they see this hiring cycle as being slim pickings. Perhaps Todd gets one more year. Staff changes could happen in such a case and or even FO changes.
Originally posted by evil:
It is possible that doing work thru backdoor channels that they see this hiring cycle as being slim pickings. Perhaps Todd gets one more year. Staff changes could happen in such a case and or even FO changes.

I think Bowles is gone. They just don't want to draw heat like Oakland did with Gruden by treating the Rooney process like formality. I think they'll go all in on Harbaugh and if that fails, go after McCarthy.
  • evil
  • Veteran

I think Bowles is gone. They just don't want to draw heat like Oakland did with Gruden by treating the Rooney process like formality. I think they'll go all in on Harbaugh and if that fails, go after McCarthy.

I agree Bowles looks done thus the Saban quote. But we both know it is a poor year to be in the HC hiring market. And the plan B that you mentioned might be gone by then for the Jets. Also possible though that McCarthy uses these teams to leverage a better deal for himself.

Will be interesting to see what the Jets do if Harbs and McCarthy turn them down.
It's a great year to be Mike McCarthy.

I agree Bowles looks done thus the Saban quote. But we both know it is a poor year to be in the HC hiring market. And the plan B that you mentioned might be gone by then for the Jets. Also possible though that McCarthy uses these teams to leverage a better deal for himself.

Will be interesting to see what the Jets do if Harbs and McCarthy turn them down.

What Saban quote?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Agreed, he's by far the best coaching option available.
Don't think so. Unless you assume that Rosen and Darnold are diamonds in the making.
Originally posted by communist:
Don't think so. Unless you assume that Rosen and Darnold are diamonds in the making.

In terms of being the most attractive candidate on the market.
Originally posted by communist:

In terms of being the most attractive candidate on the market.

Yea, who could possibly think harbs would be a reasonable alternative.

"Lets install a gimmicky power blocking run game managed by a read option dinosaur instead of a pro set playbook thats kept a frachise in the playoff conversation for over a decade."

Lmao.
Share 49erswebzone