There are 384 users in the forums

Todd Bowles

Tickets Find deals on 49ers games ⇨
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Tell that to Arian Foster, Terrell Davis. Higdon was UM' s o.

Shows a severe lack of recruiting prowess if that's the case.
Originally posted by GMniner805:
The first was obviously a BW team

That's poor logic. Then Harbaugh's appearance was really Mike Singletary. Dude, Seifert earned 2 super bowls, whether it was his build or because he knew enough to not mess with it. 1989 was far better than 1988, btw. If you want to say Harbaugh is better, I get it and maybe even agree, but don't trash on Seifert to stretch the argument.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Stretching the definition of star for Higdon. Day 3 rbs aren't stars.

Tell that to Arian Foster, Terrell Davis. Higdon was UM' s o.

Three out of how many? You know full well that's not the norm.

On another note, too bad Saleh is already DC, because I'd have no issue with him coaching LBs if we did shake things up and hiready Bowles. Reality is we've seen other coaches fired for less though. I don't blame Saleh for lack of talent. But for the things he directly controls, he's been awful.
Originally posted by theninermind:
The first was obviously a BW team

That's poor logic. Then Harbaugh's appearance was really Mike Singletary. Dude, Seifert earned 2 super bowls, whether it was his build or because he knew enough to not mess with it. 1989 was far better than 1988, btw. If you want to say Harbaugh is better, I get it and maybe even agree, but don't trash on Seifert to stretch the argument.

I really think that's just a troll. Seifert doesn't get enough credit. If it were that easy, Richie Petibon and Ray Handley should've had more success.
Originally posted by theninermind:

I see your point, but its not like Singletary left Harbaugh a dynasty. Seifert inherited a legendary QB and the GOAT.
[ Edited by GMniner805 on Dec 30, 2018 at 11:28 AM ]
I see your point, but its not like Singletary left Harbaugh a dynasty. Seifert inherited a legendary QB and the GOAT.

2010 49ers were projected by every outlet to win NFC West. 2016 49ers were projected by every outlet to be a top 10 drafting team.
2010 49ers were projected by every outlet to win NFC West. 2016 49ers were projected by every outlet to be a top 10 drafting team.

Not true, projections were all over the place. General consensus was about 8-8.
Not true, projections were all over the place. General consensus was about 8-8.

Over under was 8.5. Consensus was 9 or 10 wins with a division title.

Conversely it was 6 in 2016

Not nearly the same situations.
  • dj43
Originally posted by dj43:
Of course you are completely ignoring the context of the quality of the roster when KS took over.

For comparison, go check Bill Walsh's W/L record his first two years with the 49ers.

I'll save you the time. Walsh was 8-24. Assuming the 49ers lose today, KS will be 10-22. I guess that means Walsh was junk.

IMO comparing KS to Walsh until hes actually turned the 49ers around is silly. Thats no easy task that just magically happens after 2 awful seasons. At the moment hes more comparable to Singletary or Nolan.
It is absolutely a valid comparison at this point. Until the team actually started winning the most people could say was that the offense was more interesting than it had been under the run of really bad coaches that preceded him. Do your research. You will find the early Walsh years and the current KS years are very comparable. Your Harbaugh fixation may not allow you to see that but it is the truth nonetheless.
It is absolutely a valid comparison at this point. Until the team actually started winning the most people could say was that the offense was more interesting than it had been under the run of really bad coaches that preceded him. Do your research. You will find the early Walsh years and the current KS years are very comparable. Your Harbaugh fixation may not allow you to see that but it is the truth nonetheless.

It also compares to early Marty Mortinwheg.

Same could be said about Mike Nolan, maybe even more so. Both were able to blame poor starts on QB play. Bill Walsh didnt have dad to kick off his coaching career.
[ Edited by GMniner805 on Dec 30, 2018 at 12:23 PM ]
He looks like Dee from what's happening.

Is he 3-4 or 4-3?
If you believe Harbaugh could score 13 points a game with Nick Mullens at qb you haven't been paying any attention. If Harbaugh was in charge of this team the #1 pick would've been locked up 2 weeks ago.

Cool story, except Harbaugh never had a losing season. Id bet Harbaugh could win with this roster, especially with all the close games Shanny choked away.

And if you think 13 points a game is good with any QB conversation ends there.
You are trolling, right?
If you believe Harbaugh could score 13 points a game with Nick Mullens at qb you haven't been paying any attention. If Harbaugh was in charge of this team the #1 pick would've been locked up 2 weeks ago.

Cool story, except Harbaugh never had a losing season. Id bet Harbaugh could win with this roster, especially with all the close games Shanny choked away.

And if you think 13 points a game is good with any QB conversation ends there.

Really? You been watching the Bowl games?
Share 49erswebzone