LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Jabrill Peppers

Shop 49ers game tickets
"At 6 feet, 210 pounds, Peppers is rated by Scout Inc. as the No. 4 potential prospect among seniors and underclassmen who could declare.

According to "Inside The League," Peppers' mother has delivered a 41-question document to potential agents and/or agencies, seeking information about agents' experience, client lists, contacts within the NFL and more."

Sad to see him go but I knew this was coming. Now the NFL will see what this kid can do.. He has earned it and will be a key asset to any team he goes to. A very mature person for his age. Mark my words, he will be a star or one of the best players coming out the draft.
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
"At 6 feet, 210 pounds, Peppers is rated by Scout Inc. as the No. 4 potential prospect among seniors and underclassmen who could declare.

According to "Inside The League," Peppers' mother has delivered a 41-question document to potential agents and/or agencies, seeking information about agents' experience, client lists, contacts within the NFL and more."

Sad to see him go but I knew this was coming. Now the NFL will see what this kid can do.. He has earned it and will be a key asset to any team he goes to. A very mature person for his age. Mark my words, he will be a star or one of the best players coming out the draft.

Not disagreeing with any of this.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
It will be funny seeing 49ers fans freak out if he is the pick because all they will see is a DB with one career INT.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Not disagreeing with any of this.

Forgive my bias.

Everyone has a story and his is very inspirational as most are. What he went through, to stay that humble, respectful and driven is something I have seen grow and watch being in New Jersey. He could have easily picked the left. His drive on top of his gifts, is what I just want to stress and that doesn't have a measuring stick. Played for Don Bosco won two state championships, left to Paramus Catholic won 2 state championships, playing all those positions he is playing in college.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Nov 28, 2016 at 12:35 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:
If you try and make him just a DB then you are wasting him as a player. There is a reason he only has one interception. He doesn't play CB/Safety the entire game. He is mostly a LB. For example after the Indiana game, defensive snaps by position: LB 45 (season avg: 20), Nickel 12, Outside CB 8, Safety 1 (5 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 pass breakup).

You draft him because he is a player you can use at multiple positions

2015 stats: 45 tackles (34 solo), 5.5 tackles for loss, 10 pass breakups. 8 catches for 79 yards. 18 rushes for 72 yards (4.0 yards-per-carry average) & 2 touchdowns. 17 punt returns for 194 yards (11.4 average). 8 kickoff returns for 223 yards (27.9 average).

2016 stats: 48 tackles (23 solo), 15 tackles for loss, 1 pass breakup, 1 INT. 27 rushes for 167 yards (6.2 yards-per-carry) & 3 touchdowns. 21 punt returns for 310 yards (14.8 average) & 1 touchdown. 10 kickoff returns for 260 yards (26.0 average).

I completely understand that and never said he couldn't play multiple positons, but I'd rather have someone who can be a impact player at one positon besides someone that's good at multiple positons... this isn't college it's the NFL. He's not playing WR, OLB, qb, or outside CB.

He reminds my of a little smaller Mark Barron
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by saniner:
If used right I think he could be a better pro than college player. I just don't trust our current coaching staff to use him well at all. If he is used the way the Cardinals use Mathieu and Buchanon, he could be a great player. Line him up all over and take advantage of mismatches.

Which mismatch, tho? He's only 6'1" 205lbs. He'd a very tiny LB. He already struggles covering big tight ends in college.

If he was built like kam chancellor, I could definitely see why everyone was so hyped about this guy. But he's not.

This
"Michigan's Jabrill Peppers may be the most versatile defensive player in the nation this season. He may be the most versatile player period.

Skeptical? Well, one NFC personnel executive may change your mind. The executive told NJ.com's Mark Eckel on Friday that Peppers is a top-5 pick in the 2017 NFL Draft and that the 6-foot-1, 205-pound junior reminds him of former Pittsburgh Steelers safety and eight-time pro bowler Troy Polamalu.

"He's unbelievable," the executive said of Peppers. "He's the most versatile player I've ever scouted. He does it all for (Michigan). I think at our level, he's a safety, he reminds me of Troy Polamalu. I don't think I'd use him on offense. He could be a good return man for you, though. What he is, is just a phenomenal athlete. But he's more than that, because he's tough and he's smart, too."

Peppers also drew comparisons to former NFL star Charles Woodson from a different scout. And a third scout said Peppers is already better than Jacksonville Jaguars defensive back Jalen Ramsey, who was taken fifth overall in the 2016 NFL Draft.

"He's better than Jalen Ramsey, so there's that. He's a safety, but you can match him up if you want. He can take on the better tight ends, (the Redskins') Jordan Reed man to man. You can put him in the slot. You can blitz him, play him deep. He's going to be a difference maker for a defense."

What tight end has he struggled with???????

Inform me please...
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Nov 28, 2016 at 12:45 PM ]
"After extending the ball on a play-fake, Barrett attempted to hit Samuel on a quick post down left seam. The play-action gave Wormley enough time to slip inside of Ohio State left tackle Jamarco Jones with an effective swim move and dive towards Barrett's legs just as the Buckeyes' quarterback was stepping into his throw. Barrett's throw was impacted just enough to send it high and outside towards Samuel, who allowed it to slip through his hands and into the air. Michigan's Heisman candidate Jabrill Peppers corralled the ball for an interception that symbolized Ohio State's frustrating day in the passing game.
jabrill-peppers-michigan.jpg
Heisman hopeful Peppers had a big interception on Saturday. USATSI
As the game went on, however, Meyer and Barrett adjusted, with Ohio State's junior quarterback electing to collect the snap, wait for the Michigan pass rush to collapse the pocket and then simply rush upfield. With Michigan's linebackers (including Peppers) often vacating in an effort to shadow Samuel and Buckeyes running back Mike Weber in coverage, Barrett gashed the Wolverines for 125 rushing yards on a career-high 30 carries."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/michigans-charlton-wormley-boost-nfl-draft-stock-despite-loss-to-buckeyes/

Until that last run which was a questionable call to get that first down. He did a good job shadowing Samuel against Ohio. A lot of questionable calls by the ref but they won.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Nov 28, 2016 at 12:53 PM ]
"Michigan's Jabrill Peppers may be the most versatile defensive player in the nation this season. He may be the most versatile player period.

Skeptical? Well, one NFC personnel executive may change your mind. The executive told NJ.com's Mark Eckel on Friday that Peppers is a top-5 pick in the 2017 NFL Draft and that the 6-foot-1, 205-pound junior reminds him of former Pittsburgh Steelers safety and eight-time pro bowler Troy Polamalu.

"He's unbelievable," the executive said of Peppers. "He's the most versatile player I've ever scouted. He does it all for (Michigan). I think at our level, he's a safety, he reminds me of Troy Polamalu. I don't think I'd use him on offense. He could be a good return man for you, though. What he is, is just a phenomenal athlete. But he's more than that, because he's tough and he's smart, too."

Peppers also drew comparisons to former NFL star Charles Woodson from a different scout. And a third scout said Peppers is already better than Jacksonville Jaguars defensive back Jalen Ramsey, who was taken fifth overall in the 2016 NFL Draft.

"He's better than Jalen Ramsey, so there's that. He's a safety, but you can match him up if you want. He can take on the better tight ends, (the Redskins') Jordan Reed man to man. You can put him in the slot. You can blitz him, play him deep. He's going to be a difference maker for a defense."

What tight end has he struggled with???????

Inform me please...
No one is saying he's not the most versatile player in college and a top end SS, but I'd put Allen right up there with him, he isn't a FS IMO which Hooker is better. He's too small to play OLB or ILB (in our 3-4) and you're spending a top 5 pick on s slot DB. IMO he's not a CB on the outside he's too stiff and doesn't flip his hips well.

IMHO we don't need a SS especially with a top 3 pick...he's a good player and no one is disagreeing on that if he's sitting there and Myles is gone I'm praying someone wants to trade with us.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 28, 2016 at 1:04 PM ]
"After extending the ball on a play-fake, Barrett attempted to hit Samuel on a quick post down left seam. The play-action gave Wormley enough time to slip inside of Ohio State left tackle Jamarco Jones with an effective swim move and dive towards Barrett's legs just as the Buckeyes' quarterback was stepping into his throw. Barrett's throw was impacted just enough to send it high and outside towards Samuel, who allowed it to slip through his hands and into the air. Michigan's Heisman candidate Jabrill Peppers corralled the ball for an interception that symbolized Ohio State's frustrating day in the passing game.
As the game went on, however, Meyer and Barrett adjusted, with Ohio State's junior quarterback electing to collect the snap, wait for the Michigan pass rush to collapse the pocket and then simply rush upfield. With Michigan's linebackers (including Peppers) often vacating in an effort to shadow Samuel and Buckeyes running back Mike Weber in coverage, Barrett gashed the Wolverines for 125 rushing yards on a career-high 30 carries."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/michigans-charlton-wormley-boost-nfl-draft-stock-despite-loss-to-buckeyes/

Until that last run which was a questionable call to get that first down. He did a good job shadowing Samuel against Ohio. A lot of questionable calls by the ref but they won.

I don't get that b******t first down call. The ball got as far as the players rear end and it wasn't past the first down marker. Refs got payed

I don't get that b******t first down call. The ball got as far as the players rear end and it wasn't past the first down marker. Refs got payed

yeah that was a bad call for sure same with the PI on the overthrown ball.

It gets better Hysterkal... Read on..
"Some facts for Fans who just knew the fix was in: One ref is a near lifelong OHIO STATE U fan who lives in ..OHIO and is a lawyer. He has a history of screwing UM.

The other REF selected -GET THIS - not only has a jealous anti UM bigotry history when UM plays but also has been SUSPENDED for past officiating. Behold! THESE are among the guys BT Offices "chose" for this Epic game.

The Fix was in. UM was dominating OSU so badly that the refs began to call Pass Interference on UM while UM WRs were mugged yet NO OSU call for pass interference. Barret with the ball in his other hand FAILED to get that first down on 4th down so UM should have won. UM was leading OSU late in the 3rd quarter by 10 points(2 SCORES!!!) had the ball and on 3rd down had a 30 yard plus gainer well into OSU territory that was called back because of a questionable INCONSEQUENTIAL penalty on UM's blocking Center (leading an awesome CONVOY of 4 other UM Blockers protecting the ball carrier on that awesome UM play) for poking his hand into the face mask area (bare touch that had nio impact on the gain) ! The pl;ay was not only ruined by the Ref's call, but the spot of the ball by the corrupt refs was wrong as UM should have had a FIRST DOWN even with the 15 yard questionable penalty!

Harbaugh was right. UM won that game that was STOLEN from them by the above corrupt referees. A Travesty that will live in UM Infamy.
Harbaugh also out coached Urban Meyer despite the controversial loss.

Yet another scummy Ref call was the pass interference bogus call on UM when the pass was so high Shaq and Wilt Chamberlain could not have caught it! The Ruler book is clear: There can be NO PASS INTERFERENCE if the QB's throw is so lousy that the WR could not possibly have caught the ball whether interfered with or not.

It was the WORST OFFICIATED BIG GAME in football in ages and in any sport since Loisville "beat" UM for the national Championship in 2013(in basketball) Even the Louisville player admitted later that Try Berke of UM cleanly blocked that shot. CASE CLOSED."

Daniel Capron in 2002..... He has a history...

http://articles.latimes.com/2002/oct/03/sports/sp-colfbnotes3

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bustedcoverage.com/2016/11/27/ohio-state-michigan-refs-conspiracy-theory/amp/?client=safari

Coincidence?????
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Nov 28, 2016 at 1:41 PM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
It will be funny seeing 49ers fans freak out if he is the pick because all they will see is a DB with one career INT.

Uh well... for a top 10 pick that certainly is something to be concerned with. We're not supposed to consider the most impactful statistic there is for a DB?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:

Uh well... for a top 10 pick that certainly is something to be concerned with. We're not supposed to consider the most impactful statistic there is for a DB?

Well he isn't just a DB. So how exactly is he supposed to get INTs when he is playing linebacker near the LOS. He has 15 TFL (comparison Buckner had 17 as a senior & Joey Bosa had 16 as a junior), 3.5 sacks & 7 QB hurries.
Share 49ersWebzone