There are 162 users in the forums

Jabrill Peppers

Tickets Find deals on 49ers games ⇨
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I don't think I'd want him in the 1st round at all. Some guys just are better college players than pro ones.

If used right I think he could be a better pro than college player. I just don't trust our current coaching staff to use him well at all. If he is used the way the Cardinals use Mathieu and Buchanon, he could be a great player. Line him up all over and take advantage of mismatches.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Would he be an asset to our roster? Of course. Would it be worth it with a top 10 pick? Probably not.

He is considered a top 5 player so that would make him worth a top 10 pick.

That doesn't make him worth it. What he's considered and what his worth proves to be are two different things.

agreed...where does he play that makes him a top 5 player? His best position is safety and he's probably the 3rd best one in the draft. CBS has him as a OLB (at 200lbs) he's a Shaq Thompson type of hybrid player which isn't something you spend a top 5 pick on IMO.

I want not part of this kid unless we end up with multiple 1st rd picks.

I've watched him play all year. Many have compared him to Tyrann Mathieu who's listed at 5-9 190 ish. Peppers is 6-1 205 ish.

He would instantly be the 49ers starting slot CB and return man. 2 spots the 49ers haven't been able to keep on the field healthy in years.

Everyone in here arguing he's not worth a top 10 pick. What Trent 1st round pick has been worth it? lol

Hopefully for Peppers he goes to a good team.
Originally posted by SoCold:
I've watched him play all year. Many have compared him to Tyrann Mathieu who's listed at 5-9 190 ish. Peppers is 6-1 205 ish.

He would instantly be the 49ers starting slot CB and return man. 2 spots the 49ers haven't been able to keep on the field healthy in years.

Everyone in here arguing he's not worth a top 10 pick. What Trent 1st round pick has been worth it? lol

Hopefully we have our slot guy in Redmond who could be real good ( got 4.36 speed and great change of direction) he was already making plays in preseason thought he'd get on the field this yr

If you're going DB that early he's got to be getting INTs IMO and he hasn't gotten his first until this past week...like the kid hope he goes to a team that uses his correctly, like I said only way I'd be cool with drafting him is if we have multiple 1st to play around with
He's got Tacklin' Fuel
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Fame

Hopefully we have our slot guy in Redmond who could be real good ( got 4.36 speed and great change of direction) he was already making plays in preseason thought he'd get on the field this yr

If you're going DB that early he's got to be getting INTs IMO and he hasn't gotten his first until this past week...like the kid hope he goes to a team that uses his correctly, like I said only way I'd be cool with drafting him is if we have multiple 1st to play around with

lol Redmond is just another ACL team casualty.

INT numbers mean nothing if you understand how they've used him on defense. He has 13 tackles for loss and 3 sacks. 5 rushing TDs and 1 RTD.

He's too good for the 49ers. Never broke his ACL.

INT numbers mean nothing if you understand how they've used him on defense. He has 13 tackles for loss and 3 sacks. 5 rushing TDs and 1 RTD.

Well you seem like a Michigan man so I'm not gonna go down that road

Redmond was looked at as a late rd 1st rd pick for a reason my man. should be 100% based on him actually playing in preseason (no rush throwing him in with no chance to win)... You throw Matthieu out there who's come back fine from his ACL.

We aren't gonna use him like that, he's not gonna play WR,OLB,QB in the NFL...you play him at his best position which I think is safety and he's not currently the best player at that position. You gonna spend a top 5 pick on a slot CB? I wouldn't and I hope SF doesn't. Amazing athlete but I don't think he's elite at one position.

IMO if your going for a DB that early he'd better be able to produce turnovers and he hasn't. Like the kid overcome stuff but unless we move down and have a couple 1st I'd go in another direction.
He would be coming from Michigan, so our practices would be to easy for him.

Redmond was looked at as a late rd 1st rd pick for a reason my man. should be 100% based on him actually playing in preseason (no rush throwing him in with no chance to win)... You throw Matthieu out there who's come back fine from his ACL.

We aren't gonna use him like that, he's not gonna play WR,OLB,QB in the NFL...you play him at his best position which I think is safety and he's not currently the best player at that position. You gonna spend a top 5 pick on a slot CB? I wouldn't and I hope SF doesn't. Amazing athlete but I don't think he's elite at one position.

IMO if your going for a DB that early he'd better be able to produce turnovers and he hasn't. Like the kid overcome stuff but unless we move down and have a couple 1st I'd go in another direction.

If scouts are saying he is better than Jalen Ramsey then why not?

He doesnt need to make turnovers on that defense. That defense is loaded with play makers. Jourdan Lewis, Mcray and even Stribling is showing up. He is playing special teams, offense and defense. If he sticks to one position, mark my words he will master it. He is the complete package. When you only have to tell a player once and he grasps the concept or never makes the same mistakes twice. Thats a gift. Thats why he is the package deal.

He will be the best player in the draft. Time will surely tell.

He is an elite return man but that's it. I don't think he's as good as Ramsey last year. But wouldn't be surprised if once he focuses on a single position he excels.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

If you try and make him just a DB then you are wasting him as a player. There is a reason he only has one interception. He doesn't play CB/Safety the entire game. He is mostly a LB. For example after the Indiana game, defensive snaps by position: LB 45 (season avg: 20), Nickel 12, Outside CB 8, Safety 1 (5 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 pass breakup).

You draft him because he is a player you can use at multiple positions

2015 stats: 45 tackles (34 solo), 5.5 tackles for loss, 10 pass breakups. 8 catches for 79 yards. 18 rushes for 72 yards (4.0 yards-per-carry average) & 2 touchdowns. 17 punt returns for 194 yards (11.4 average). 8 kickoff returns for 223 yards (27.9 average).

2016 stats: 48 tackles (23 solo), 15 tackles for loss, 1 pass breakup, 1 INT. 27 rushes for 167 yards (6.2 yards-per-carry) & 3 touchdowns. 21 punt returns for 310 yards (14.8 average) & 1 touchdown. 10 kickoff returns for 260 yards (26.0 average).

Originally posted by Hysterikal:

He is an elite return man but that's it. I don't think he's as good as Ramsey last year. But wouldn't be surprised if once he focuses on a single position he excels.

If you think he is just a return man? Boy you haven't been paying attention.
Originally posted by Jcool:

If you try and make him just a DB then you are wasting him as a player. There is a reason he only has one interception. He doesn't play CB/Safety the entire game. He is mostly a LB. For example after the Indiana game, defensive snaps by position: LB 45 (season avg: 20), Nickel 12, Outside CB 8, Safety 1 (5 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 pass breakup).

You draft him because he is a player you can use at multiple positions

2015 stats: 45 tackles (34 solo), 5.5 tackles for loss, 10 pass breakups. 8 catches for 79 yards. 18 rushes for 72 yards (4.0 yards-per-carry average) & 2 touchdowns. 17 punt returns for 194 yards (11.4 average). 8 kickoff returns for 223 yards (27.9 average).

2016 stats: 48 tackles (23 solo), 15 tackles for loss, 1 pass breakup, 1 INT. 27 rushes for 167 yards (6.2 yards-per-carry) & 3 touchdowns. 21 punt returns for 310 yards (14.8 average) & 1 touchdown. 10 kickoff returns for 260 yards (26.0 average).

Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
If scouts are saying he is better than Jalen Ramsey then why not?

He doesnt need to make turnovers on that defense. That defense is loaded with play makers. Jourdan Lewis, Mcray and even Stribling is showing up. He is playing special teams, offense and defense. If he sticks to one position, mark my words he will master it. He is the complete package. When you only have to tell a player once and he grasps the concept or never makes the same mistakes twice. Thats a gift. Thats why he is the package deal.

He will be the best player in the draft. Time will surely tell.

I haven't read anything about scouts saying he's a better DB then Ramsey? CBS doesn't even have have him as a DB but a OLB.

He doesn't need to make turnovers lol oh okay...you sound like a Michigan man as well it's all good. He's your boy I get it

I could careless if he can play all kinds of positions he's not gonna be doing that in the NFL...maybe he will master one position but he currently isn't elite at one position he isn't the best ILB, safety, OLB, WR, or CB in the draft IMO.
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

If you think he is just a return man? Boy you haven't been paying attention.

Been watching him all year. I think he is a great player but has times where he gets lazy and relies on his extreme athleticism at times which as a Michigan fan is frustrating. I said he is elite as a return man which is was the just to point out he is elite somewhere. If your going to say he is elite at safety, Corner or OLB I would disagree. I said he will probably become elite once he is only playing at 1 position but right now there are holes in his game at every position.
Originally posted by saniner:
If used right I think he could be a better pro than college player. I just don't trust our current coaching staff to use him well at all. If he is used the way the Cardinals use Mathieu and Buchanon, he could be a great player. Line him up all over and take advantage of mismatches.

Which mismatch, tho? He's only 6'1" 205lbs. He'd a very tiny LB. He already struggles covering big tight ends in college.

If he was built like kam chancellor, I could definitely see why everyone was so hyped about this guy. But he's not.
Share 49erswebzone