There are 160 users in the forums

Jabrill Peppers

Tickets Find deals on 49ers games ⇨
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Jcool:
A top 5 player at #2???? Insanity!!!!!

Yeah he'd make a huge difference for this team...we already have a bunch of safeties that don't create turnovers lol.

Yes. The only thing that makes a safety good is interceptions...
  • HERN
  • Veteran
I like his sidekick also.

Mike McCray deserves some love. Always around the football.
Yes. The only thing that makes a safety good is interceptions...

Yeah peppers is just amazing in coverage too lol he isn't even the best all around safety in the class hooker and Allen are better IMO ...dude is a freak athlete who can play a ton of positions, but isn't elite in any of them and yes getting INTs is pretty important for anyone in the secondary especially if your looking to spend a top 3 pick on him.

I would expect you to agree since you're all about stats
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 26, 2016 at 12:31 PM ]
He reportedly got into it with an Ohio St fan after the game and pushed him to the ground. Temper temper
Originally posted by stonecold590:
He reportedly got into it with an Ohio St fan after the game and pushed him to the ground. Temper temper

Gets 1 interception and doesn't know how to act. Clearly uncharted territory for him
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

If a stupid fan on the field wants to mess with Peppers he should be prepared for the consequences.

If a stupid fan on the field wants to mess with Peppers he should be prepared for the consequences.

The fan didn't do or try to do anything to Peppers. After watching it a few times it looks more like the fan just got pushed into Peppers way and Peppers who was being a sore loser got all mad and pushed the kid. The Fan looked surprised by the whole act. Stuff like this will cost him Heisman votes for sure. I get your mad that you lost the game but being a poor loser about it makes you look like a baby. There were slot of questionable calls or non calls in the game but watching Harbaugh be a baby about it in the presser is why people can't stand him. I loved him as our coach but his tantrums are so stupid.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I don't know about this dude as a top 10 pick. I think his worth is inflated due to his energy and being a media favorite. Not sure at the NFL level his play would require a top 10 selection.
I want no part of him with our first pick. He may be a very good player for another team but I don't see the impact for us as I do with other guys available top 10.

I don't care about his abilities to play offense...he won't be doing that in the NFL. As a defender I want to see impact plays be a consistent thing for guy in the top 10...where are they? Sure he's a very good tackler but I expect more that solid tackling out of a safety drafted top 10.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Would he be an asset to our roster? Of course. Would it be worth it with a top 10 pick? Probably not.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
Would he be an asset to our roster? Of course. Would it be worth it with a top 10 pick? Probably not.

He is considered a top 5 player so that would make him worth a top 10 pick.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

That doesn't make him worth it. What he's considered and what his worth proves to be are two different things.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

That doesn't make him worth it. What he's considered and what his worth proves to be are two different things.

Sure it does. If you are one of the 5 best players in the draft then you are worth a top 10 pick. FYI we wont know if anyone is able to prove it till they play NFL games.
I don't think I'd want him in the 1st round at all. Some guys just are better college players than pro ones.

agreed...where does he play that makes him a top 5 player? His best position is safety and he's probably the 3rd best one in the draft. CBS has him as a OLB (at 200lbs) he's a Shaq Thompson type of hybrid player which isn't something you spend a top 5 pick on IMO.

I want not part of this kid unless we end up with multiple 1st rd picks.
Share 49erswebzone