LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 238 users in the forums

Jabrill Peppers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
"Peppers starting to "smack" players around on field"

http://scout.com/nfl/browns/Article/Jabrill-Peppers-starting-to-smack-players-around-on-the-field-ac-105856095

We sure could use a safety that is smacking people around on the field on our squad.... but but I'm sure i just wanted him here because he is from "Michigan" surely its not because of the skill set

#Go Blue

Lol your still at it ??? Articles and actual play are 2 different things but honestly I hope the kids does great only bc he's from jersey, just him on the Browns makes it hard to believe he's going to flourish lol

Yup Lol

The signs of him being a star was there since day one, high school, College and now nfl. I'm just reminding the ones who thought he will be failure and never gave him a chance to reevaluate because they are dead wrong. Giving some a chance to come around..

Which ever coast he is from but yes being from Jersey makes you proud of him.

(Watch out for Rashan Gary this year)
"Rashan Gary, Maurice Hurst among ESPN's Top 50 college football players"

"Experienced and explosive, Hurst will be a pillar of Michigan's defensive front this season," ESPN staff writes. "He will team up with Rashan Gary to form one of the country's best pass-rushing duos."
http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2017/08/rashan_gary_maurice_hurst_amon.html

I'm rooting for him.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Aug 11, 2017 at 6:21 AM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
He also kicked himself for fair catching a punt with no one within 10 yards of him. Still far too early to praise him or to s**t on him, kid is still learning but might have more opportunities in front of him given that Ibraheim Campbell suffered a concussion.

Originally posted by evil:
He also kicked himself for fair catching a punt with no one within 10 yards of him. Still far too early to praise him or to s**t on him, kid is still learning but might have more opportunities in front of him given that Ibraheim Campbell suffered a concussion.

Not bad for stepping in when someone gets injured. Theres a difference between praising and debating with folks who never gave him a chance..

One can reread the thread, lets not try changing the narrative. There has been way more hate or dislike for him than an honest opportunity...

Big difference.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Not bad for stepping in when someone gets injured. Theres a difference between praising and debating with folks who never gave him a chance..

One can reread the thread, lets not try changing the narrative. There has been way more hate or dislike for him than an honest opportunity...

Big difference.

It wasn't so much hate as it was those who didn't agree with your opinions and did not value him as highly as you did.
Just gonna assume when Madden 18 comes out Wu is making a trade for Peppers asap. Lol keep supporting your boy man I'm behind you. He's gonna be a damn good player.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Just gonna assume when Madden 18 comes out Wu is making a trade for Peppers asap. Lol keep supporting your boy man I'm behind you. He's gonna be a damn good player.

nice to see wu still supporting his boy even if we didnt pick him up.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
nice to see wu still supporting his boy even if we didnt pick him up.

Thanks brethren.
Originally posted by evil:

Big difference.

It wasn't so much hate as it was those who didn't agree with your opinions and did not value him as highly as you did.

Exactly. If there wasn't fawning love then Wu had a problem with that posters opinion.
"He said that "88 percent" of teams hammered him for playing too many positions in his college career and not playing his eventual NFL position—safety—enough. (For his part, Peppers said he doesn't regret where he played because his Wolverines won a lot of games during his tenure.) A typical conversation with teams during predraft meetings, Peppers told me, went like this: "They said, 'You do everything. You're here, you're here, you're here. We're going to play you at one position. How can we be sure that you're going to master this position?'"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nfl/2017/8/16/16155430/nfl-wasnt-ready-cleveland-browns-jabrill-peppers

"Video: Jabrill Peppers Destroyed A Wide Receiver At Practice"
https://www.google.com/amp/thespun.com/big-ten/michigan/video-jabrill-peppers-destroyed-a-wide-receiver-at-practice/amp

"Hue Jackson on Jabrill Peppers' dominant practice: 'He's showing he can play anywhere"
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Aug 17, 2017 at 4:39 AM ]

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2702873-simms-spotlight-jabrill-peppers-is-2017-nfl-drafts-most-overrated-prospect.amp.html

"Simms Spotlight: Jabrill Peppers Is 2017 NFL Draft's Most Overrated Prospect"

CLEVELAND RADIO HOST FIRED AFTER SAYING JABRILL PEPPERS IS 'HIGH ALL THE TIME'

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sportingnews.com/amp/nfl/news/cleveland-sabrina-parr-jabrill-peppers-wknr-browns-dilute-sample-nfl-combine/n3wh93mo9zbn1t8yy1li7wall

🤔

I can go on and on with the hate.. The fans just ate up the negativity. Real stars don't skip a beat whether practice or games.

The league wasn't ready for him, sadly.. His worth will continue to show...

"Changing pace a bit, Tabor offered the following assessment of Jabrill Peppers:

"He is pretty dynamic at it. I still think it is a learning process with him. Just like the other night, it was a good learning moment when he made the fair catch and still had some room because it is different. It is different in the NFL than it is in college. In college football, those guys on the interior can go downfield right away. In the NFL, technically you can't go down until the ball is punted with the exception of the gunner. A high hang like that, his clock was probably going off like, 'They are probably going to be here,' because that is what he is used to. That is just something that we are working on breaking. He has a chance to be a good football player."

"When asked if Peppers can handle both defense and special teams duties, Tabor offered:

I think he is a good football player. I think when he was born, there was probably a football right next to him. It is just an innate ability for him. He understands and his football intelligence is extremely high."
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Aug 17, 2017 at 5:29 AM ]
He and Garnett looked pretty good last night.

Throw Kizer into that mix as well. Seems like the Browns GMs/FO look like they actually know what they're doing. Not to mention they have 2 first round picks nex year and 3 2nd round picks too!

Jeez....
Originally posted by awp8912:

Throw Kizer into that mix as well. Seems like the Browns GMs/FO look like they actually know what they're doing. Not to mention they have 2 first round picks nex year and 3 2nd round picks too!

Jeez....

I thought Kizer looked okay nothing special.
Originally posted by awp8912:

Jeez....

I thought Kizer looked okay nothing special.

Held onto the ball wayyy to long had a horrible pass that was INT called back on a pointless flag. I mean he needs to step it up a little so that he looks serviceable enough that Cleveland doesn't draft QB high lol
Share 49ersWebzone