LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 401 users in the forums

Seattle Seahawks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erminion:
Originally posted by genus49:
F*ck Seattle.

The amount of luck that franchise has had is insane. Hopefully their luck runs out when it actually matters.

I'm still confident when healthy we're the better team even though they have Wilson.

We took out the Jags in 2017 with a much weaker roster than we have now and they had a much better secondary and overall defense than Seattle is putting out there.

This year will be a weird one but we're still the best roster in the division. We just have to stay healthy and play smart football.

One thing that mainly scares me is Spoon on the outside. I hope he brings his confidence back. I understand he had an injury so hopefully he's 100%.

Sounds like Moseley is the pencilled in starter so Spoon is gonna have to battle if he wants to start.
16 arrests puts SEA tied with DAL and CLE tied for 6th most arrests in last 10 years.
[ Edited by stimpy on Aug 10, 2020 at 12:05 AM ]
Originally posted by stimpy:
16 arrests puts SEA tied with DAL and CLE tied for 6th most arrests in last 10 years.

We just gonna ignore that we are 4th? Lol
We rightfully had an image problem towards the end of the Harbaugh years with all the run ins with the law. I'm curious just how many of those 18 arrests occurred in what felt like a tumultuous 18 month period with Aldon, Bruce Miller, Culliver, and Ray McDonald.

One of the many reasons I have very little nostalgia for the Harbaugh era and that group of players.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
I think people are overrating the difference Adams will make on the Seahawks defense. Will he make them better? yes but were talking from mainly the 29th best defense to maybe 18 or 19. But Seahawks fans think that a safety(a very good one) is going to all of a sudden going make them a top 10 defense. Did Adams turn the Jets into a top 10 defense? And the argument could be made that if you take Adams out of the equation the Jets have a better defense than the Seahawks.

Adams is a stud, no way around it...he will improve that defense without question.

Dunbar is pretty overrated IMO. He's an improvement over Flowers but that's not saying much...Dunbar isn't a lock down CB.

The issue is their DL is trash. Their LBers can cover anymore. Like every yr Seattle will rest of Wilson's back at some point it's gonna be too much weight.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by stimpy:

We just gonna ignore that we are 4th? Lol

Actually 15th in the last 20 years. Check it out:

Last 5 years, 13th. Last year, no entries.

http://www.nflarrest.com/
[ Edited by English on Aug 10, 2020 at 6:40 AM ]
I would like to see the statistics since Shanahan has joined the 49ers. He runs a pretty tight ship
[ Edited by elguapo on Aug 10, 2020 at 6:40 AM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:
I would like to see the statistics since Shanahan has joined the 49ers. He runs a pretty tight ship

The database isn't very flexible, but I edited my post above yours to show last 12 months and last 5 years. Good results.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by elguapo:

The database isn't very flexible, but I edited my post above yours to show last 12 months and last 5 years. Good results.

Thanks English
Thing is how many problem guys have we added AFTER they ran into issues?

The onslaught of arrests we had around the Harbaugh years kind of came out of nowhere.

Aldon Smith didn't have a ton of red flags on him.
Ray McDonald didn't have any issues before losing his mind
Bruce Miller came out of nowhere

The only guy that comes to mind(and maybe it's selective memory so please correct me if i'm wrong) that we signed/drafted that had major red flags was Foster and I think he clearly taught us a lesson.

Thing is how many problem guys have we added AFTER they ran into issues?

The onslaught of arrests we had around the Harbaugh years kind of came out of nowhere.

Aldon Smith didn't have a ton of red flags on him.
Ray McDonald didn't have any issues before losing his mind
Bruce Miller came out of nowhere

The only guy that comes to mind(and maybe it's selective memory so please correct me if i'm wrong) that we signed/drafted that had major red flags was Foster and I think he clearly taught us a lesson.

I was given some intel that McDonald was innocent for what he was accused of as well.

Not that he was a great guy or had no issues... but ya.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Honestly, Adams makes the Seahawks better period. Seeing how far Seattle got last season with a crap defense is damn good thanks to Wilson of course, adding Adams only makes them scarier. But I still think 9ers will split the series again next season.

They won 2 games last year literally cuz other team missed a makeable FG...including our game.

They had several games on top of those they barely won due to ref help or the other team making bonehead mistakes late in games. The fact that they were playing for the division was ridiculous last year.

They're better in the secondary for sure but their OL/DL still has questions and as good as Wilson is those units are pretty important. Will their luck keep going? They have had some good health in their runs to the playoffs. Eventually things turn.

Full health we're a better team.

Very true, but the simple fact that they can remain competitive in games no matter who's in the line up is something no one should discredit. The only way I wouldn't be too worried about the Seahawks is if Pete Carroll leaves, without him I think the Seahawks lose their image or being a contender.
Seahawks will be running their all Acquitted, Not Convicted defense this year with Jarran Reed, Mychal Kendricks, and Quentin Dunbar playing at each level of the defense. It's so annoying that the Seahawks always seem to skirt the edge of disaster in regards to the off field behavior of their players.

That said, the Seahawks will always be a threat as long as Wilson and Carroll are around. They are the glue that holds their team together and keeps them in games. Pretty sure that the Seahawks will slide back to mediocrity if one or both of these key contributors are gone.
Honestly, Adams makes the Seahawks better period. Seeing how far Seattle got last season with a crap defense is damn good thanks to Wilson of course, adding Adams only makes them scarier. But I still think 9ers will split the series again next season.

They won 2 games last year literally cuz other team missed a makeable FG...including our game.

They had several games on top of those they barely won due to ref help or the other team making bonehead mistakes late in games. The fact that they were playing for the division was ridiculous last year.

They're better in the secondary for sure but their OL/DL still has questions and as good as Wilson is those units are pretty important. Will their luck keep going? They have had some good health in their runs to the playoffs. Eventually things turn.

Full health we're a better team.

Very true, but the simple fact that they can remain competitive in games no matter who's in the line up is something no one should discredit. The only way I wouldn't be too worried about the Seahawks is if Pete Carroll leaves, without him I think the Seahawks lose their image or being a contender.

There's no doubt Adams, and even Dunbar, improve Seattle's secondary. Amos is also a pretty good safety. Their secondary will be the strength of their defense. But, losing Clowney will undoubtedly impact their run defense. PFF ranked him overall 87.3 on the year. He is great at setting the edge. With Clowney, Seattle's run defense was bottom 10 in the NFL. Their overall dline was trash though. it will be complete trash without him. Bobby Wagner had the worst year of his career despite his accolades last year. This defense is below average with Adams. Wilson will need to make magic again in every game for them to be successful.
I genuinely wonder how lucky Wilson will be this year, haha.

Defenses need to go back to embarrassing him.
Share 49ersWebzone