LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Seattle Seahawks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Prez-Adams:
People keep forgetting we still get a first and a second next year from the Frank Clark trade so the trade happened due to draft capital in the first place. Better to spend one on a known and proven commodity.

Why would you get a 1st and 2nd round pick next year when the trade was for a 2019 1st and 2020 2nd?

I give up....apparently he has some info that no other person has
People keep forgetting we still get a first and a second next year from the Frank Clark trade so the trade happened due to draft capital in the first place. Better to spend one on a known and proven commodity.

Why would you get a 1st and 2nd round pick next year when the trade was for a 2019 1st and 2020 2nd?

Good question Hoov...
The trade for Jamal Adams doesn't preclude signing Clowney for this year if that were ever still in the plans. I think that boat has sailed unless Clowney is willing to play for $10M or less now for a year and re-test free agency next year. Nothing has changed financially and in fact, there should be a net ~$500K cap gain this year from trading McDougald for Adams.
Originally posted by stimpy:
The trade for Jamal Adams doesn't preclude signing Clowney for this year if that were ever still in the plans. I think that boat has sailed unless Clowney is willing to play for $10M or less now for a year and re-test free agency next year. Nothing has changed financially and in fact, there should be a net ~$500K cap gain this year from trading McDougald for Adams.

Honestly I don't think Clowney was a good fit. If he leaves which he will, haters will say "you let that beast walk?" If we keep him they'll say "they overpaid for 3 sacks" lol
My bad I thought we got the 2nd rounder next year for Clark. We're going to be screwed for draft picks for a couple of years maybe even more lol
Originally posted by elguapo:
I'm just so glad that they basically lost all of their pass rush by losing Clowney and gaining Adams! I think they are the worst D line in the league at Sacks and pressures now. I'm sure Adams will more than make up for that

I think Adams had 6 sacks from the box on blitzies so that's an uprgrade over Clowney. What Clowney brought was disruptive play more than anything. Especially blowing up runs
The Frank Clark trade worked out better for KC obviously with the SB bling. I personally thought we should've tried to extend him.
RW #2 by his peers. Even as a Hawk fan I'm a huge critic of his play style (mainly that he holds onto the ball so long it makes his o line look worse than they really are) but I probably should give him more credit.
Originally posted by zaghawk:
RW #2 by his peers. Even as a Hawk fan I'm a huge critic of his play style (mainly that he holds onto the ball so long it makes his o line look worse than they really are) but I probably should give him more credit.

Exactly. Taking more sacks is the byproduct of play action but I wasn't sad to see Ifedi go. Constantly burned on the edge and false starts.
Originally posted by stimpy:

Honestly I don't think Clowney was a good fit. If he leaves which he will, haters will say "you let that beast walk?" If we keep him they'll say "they overpaid for 3 sacks" lol

No, many of us will be fair.

A lot of us think he's a good player but not a superstar even if he looked like one against the 49ers on MNF.

Probably helps the Niners if he doesn't re-sign with Seattle. Getting a good replacement this late in the game is hard, ask Kyle Shanahan about Cassius Marsh....
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Jul 30, 2020 at 12:49 PM ]

The Frank Clark trade worked out better for KC obviously with the SB bling. I personally thought we should've tried to extend him.

Was a little surprised they didn't, especially with the dearth of ERs.... that said he did want a ton of $ And they got some good picks back
Originally posted by zaghawk:

His peers need to watch a lot more Patrick Mahomes. It's not even a question to anyone with two eyes.

Was a little surprised they didn't, especially with the dearth of ERs.... that said he did want a ton of $ And they got some good picks back

Me too. It was unfortunate because we had to get Wilson's deal done at the time and KC made a good offer. And I haven't given up on Collier yet he had a high ankle sprain and was on the pup list and when he came back he was out of game shape. Schneider touched on it in an interview the other day is the reasoning they shut him down for the year.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29566098/jamal-adams-excited-seahawks-says-plan-retire-club

Hell yeah baby!!!

Well you have to admit both are true. If you look it up he has never gotten above 10 sacks in any season and he has had a tremendous amount of help around him. Does JJ Watt ring a bell or WM. He is pretty good at pressuring quarterbacks and good against the run. He is still the best guy you had even though his production wasn't that great.
Share 49ersWebzone