LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

Seattle Seahawks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by BriRichardson:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
If you believe NFL Network, we best get ready for a new arms race within the division. The Seahawks have cap space, draft picks and they have already made the first move by signing Greg Olsen.

Niners will need to make some strong moves to keep up. In Lynch and Shanahan we trust.

Olsen is 34 and hasn't been much of a threat since 2016. I don't view this as a first move in an arms race.
Agreed. I thought he retired 2 years ago for a job in the booth tbh lol

That was Witten but now Witten's back lulz.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I was just checking out their FA situation and half their OL is gonna be FAs. Granted they aren't good but they need to either pay them or spend money to fix it. They sure as s**t can't draft lineman lol.

Outside of Wagner their two best defensive players are FAs in clowney & Reed. Kendricks was their best coverage LBer and is a FA as well.

Throw in their RBs are all f**ked up.

Seattle is a mess and I'm here for it

Pretty much f**ked

They're running backs are going to be solid going forward however you are right their defense in my opinion isn't that good. I did not know Reed was a free agent. Looks like their Cap Space is going to go down pretty quickly even though they have a lot of it. They can't draft with a s**t so they're going to have to try to steal as many players as they can.

I'm glad they got Olsen because he's going to get injured. My buddy knew Greg Olsen in college and they said they used to nickname him third leg Greg! That was too much information for me but I had to share it with you guys.

Signing Olsen is going to essentially be a waste of $7 million because he is going to cock block their all pro tight ends behind him anyway.

Yup RB's and WRs gonna look legit, but they're window still shut tight
Idk dude, I wouldn't mind having Metcalf or Lockett for the next 3 years on the Niners lol

Yup, anyone of them would've been much appreciated in the SB too

I mocked both of them to the 49ers. Proof is in that thread :)
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
How old is Hollister? That guy,like, Clowney, seemed to only play well when facing the niners.

Hollister is slow and undersized, Clowney balled his ass off all year he finished the season ranked top 3 by PFF. Sacks aren't the measure of success although they don't detract from it. He commanded a double team practically every snap

Clowney is who we thought Soloman would be from a disruptive standpoint. No offense to Dee because he was clearly not 100% in the SB but if we had Clowney in his place we win.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erminion:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I was just checking out their FA situation and half their OL is gonna be FAs. Granted they aren't good but they need to either pay them or spend money to fix it. They sure as s**t can't draft lineman lol.

Outside of Wagner their two best defensive players are FAs in clowney & Reed. Kendricks was their best coverage LBer and is a FA as well.

Throw in their RBs are all f**ked up.

Seattle is a mess and I'm here for it

Pretty much f**ked

They're running backs are going to be solid going forward however you are right their defense in my opinion isn't that good. I did not know Reed was a free agent. Looks like their Cap Space is going to go down pretty quickly even though they have a lot of it. They can't draft with a s**t so they're going to have to try to steal as many players as they can.

I'm glad they got Olsen because he's going to get injured. My buddy knew Greg Olsen in college and they said they used to nickname him third leg Greg! That was too much information for me but I had to share it with you guys.

Signing Olsen is going to essentially be a waste of $7 million because he is going to cock block their all pro tight ends behind him anyway.

Yup RB's and WRs gonna look legit, but they're window still shut tight
Idk dude, I wouldn't mind having Metcalf or Lockett for the next 3 years on the Niners lol

Yup, anyone of them would've been much appreciated in the SB too

I mocked both of them to the 49ers. Proof is in that thread :)

When you / other posters in here who know a thing or two about good prospects out of college...you just have to know 49ers staff won't pull the trigger because kickers and injured dudes come first
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
How old is Hollister? That guy,like, Clowney, seemed to only play well when facing the niners.

Hollister is slow and undersized, Clowney balled his ass off all year he finished the season ranked top 3 by PFF. Sacks aren't the measure of success although they don't detract from it. He commanded a double team practically every snap

Clowney is who we thought Soloman would be from a disruptive standpoint. No offense to Dee because he was clearly not 100% in the SB but if we had Clowney in his place we win.

We got Clowned

Practically every year Seattle's GM pulls a last second acquisition out of his ass. He scours the contracts of the league and usually finds a disgruntled franchise tagged star and pulls a trade off for peanuts. Clowney is who I wanted instead of Ford. He's just an animal against the run.
Apparently Clowney wants a market setting contract. Niners need to get Buckner signed before Clowney sets the market. Clowney might be seeking $22 Million per year.
Well this is very interesting.

Wasn't Eliot Wolf considered a hot, up and coming prospect for a GM role a few years back? Ron Wolf's kid
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Wasn't Eliot Wolf considered a hot, up and coming prospect for a GM role a few years back? Ron Wolf's kid

I think so. Weird how every team didn't sign him. Then again GB doesn't draft that well

Practically every year Seattle's GM pulls a last second acquisition out of his ass. He scours the contracts of the league and usually finds a disgruntled franchise tagged star and pulls a trade off for peanuts. Clowney is who I wanted instead of Ford. He's just an animal against the run.

Clowney was hurt just like Ford. He tried to play through it but was ineffective the last quarter of season when he played.

I thought he was the cleaner (played by Harvey Keitel) in Pulp Fiction.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

I thought he was the cleaner (played by Harvey Keitel) in Pulp Fiction.

Pretty please with a 🍒 on top. Clean the f**kin car
Originally posted by NCommand:
Well this is very interesting.

Cheating b*****ds. Only thing I like about Seattle are the naked hiking trails in the summertime in the woods
[ Edited by BriRichardson on Feb 25, 2020 at 1:28 PM ]
https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.mynorthwest.com/823277/seahawks-schneider-olsen-clowney/amp/
Damn looks like they really are going to ink Clowney long term
Share 49ersWebzone