LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

Seattle Seahawks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Random question for Niner fans. If you could turn back the clock to win that SB vs the Ravens, no idea how that would play out after that. You have 6 championships at that time. However, you are now stuck with CK, Harbaugh and Baalke for I assume the next decade (because SB Champions get way more patience for down years by team org and fanbase). No idea how that could have played out, maybe they continue rocking, or maybe they still go down in trajectory (and Hawks still kind of take over the following 2-4 years). One thing is for certain you don't end up with this team, Shanahan and Lynch. So this SB appearance does not happen (loss or not, it is still an extra appearance) and this current Niner team's bright future is not in sight. What do you take? take that SB championship and potentially the impending doom that follows? or let history be history, you have two SB appearances over the last 8-9 years and a bright future?

This webzone can't handle logic yet hypotheticals
Cheatin' Pete is the main feature on the NFL site trying to job the refs. Shocker:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-micd-up/0ap3000001100132/Best-referee-interactions-from-2019-season-Mic-d-Up
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by birdie2bogey:
Random question for Niner fans. If you could turn back the clock to win that SB vs the Ravens, no idea how that would play out after that. You have 6 championships at that time. However, you are now stuck with CK, Harbaugh and Baalke for I assume the next decade (because SB Champions get way more patience for down years by team org and fanbase). No idea how that could have played out, maybe they continue rocking, or maybe they still go down in trajectory (and Hawks still kind of take over the following 2-4 years). One thing is for certain you don't end up with this team, Shanahan and Lynch. So this SB appearance does not happen (loss or not, it is still an extra appearance) and this current Niner team's bright future is not in sight. What do you take? take that SB championship and potentially the impending doom that follows? or let history be history, you have two SB appearances over the last 8-9 years and a bright future?

I'll take the win...F the future (it will decide itself)

The win guarantees a flawless SB record...if we don't get Shanny / Lynch, we'd still have 6 and undefeated
Originally posted by LVJay:

The win guarantees a flawless SB record...if we don't get Shanny / Lynch, we'd still have 6 and undefeated

absolutely

6-0 > 5-2

and both are better than 1-2
Originally posted by 49erminion:

absolutely

6-0 > 5-2

And don't forget, 1-2 is dynasty worthy
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
absolutely

6-0 > 5-2

Originally posted by elguapo:

absolutely

6-0 > 5-2

absolutely

6-0 > 5-2

If the Seahawks had Will Dissley they last 5 years, they'd have 6 Lombardi's by now. That's for sure.
I am curious for those who love to talk smack about 5>1 in here, how many are actually over the age of 35? Because if you were around to watch it (and actually comprehend the game) yeah that makes sense. But if you're some 25 year old who wasn't even born yet (I've seen my fair share of this fan especially on social media). I don't think you get any claim to that SB smack talk as a fan, heck I have more claim of those actually watching and enjoying those SBs back then.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Black24Razor:
absolutely

6-0 > 5-2

If the Seahawks had Will Dissley they last 5 years, they'd have 6 Lombardi's by now. That's for sure.

They F'd up by not finding a HOF talent like him sooner

I am curious for those who love to talk smack about 5>1 in here, how many are actually over the age of 35? Because if you were around to watch it (and actually comprehend the game) yeah that makes sense. But if you're some 25 year old who wasn't even born yet (I've seen my fair share of this fan especially on social media). I don't think you get any claim to that SB smack talk as a fan, heck I have more claim of those actually watching and enjoying those SBs back then.
I was 11 when they won SB 16. My son is 16 now. He was born into it. He has just as much right to talk smack about 5 > 1 as me. A fan is a fan. He was born in 2004. That's a whole 8 years before Seattle even realized they had a football team. 2012's lol.
[ Edited by Black24Razor on Feb 7, 2020 at 4:32 PM ]

I'm 38 so yeah, I've seen the 49ers in 4 super bowls including 2 wins. I'm feeling fine.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Black24Razor:
I was 11 when they won SB 16. My son is 16 now. He was born into it. He has just as much right to talk smack about 5 > 1 as me. A fan is a fan. He was born in 2004. That's a whole 8 years before Seattle even realized they had a football team. 2012's lol.

WTF

I was alive for 3 of em. Of those remembered just the last 1. Doesn't matter tho 5>1. Should Yankees fans not take pride in Joe DiMaggio and his chips?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
I was alive for 3 of em. Of those remembered just the last 1. Doesn't matter tho 5>1. Should Yankees fans not take pride in Joe DiMaggio and his chips?

I don' want any new cawk fans 10 years from now talk about their SB win over Broncos or talk about how LOB dominated errryone on defense, f**k that!

Since they don't like the past (they sucked, we didn't), God forbid any cawkSucker talk about their SB win (the only one) in the near future since its well in the past. Not next month. Not next year. Not ever!!
Share 49ersWebzone