LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

Seattle Seahawks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Originally posted by 49erminion:
Let's be honest - they were definitely missing Chris Carson and Rashaad Penny. Ansah would have helped as well.

Their HOF TE too.
Originally posted by Morgan49:
Let's be honest - they were definitely missing Chris Carson and Rashaad Penny. Ansah would have helped as well.

Their HOF TE too.

Thrilly Will Dissly baby

I don't know how much it would have mattered. Hawks QB pressure has been spotty all season. Even healthy, realistically, this is probably the furthest this team was going this year in the playoffs. The recent poor defensive drafting has definitely shown itself and offensively the coaching needs more creativity. Until then, this is kind of where the team is. Playoffs, but not really going to make any deep runs. I think I'm just annoyed because the season wasn't that fun to watch despite the record. It was truly (and predicted in the offseason) maybe an 8 win team that got lucky for the extra 3 wins. Funny thing is moving forward, as a team and the players themselves I actually quite like the Niners more than GB, but the rival fanbase trash talk swings me. So at this point I'm rooting for the Titans because they're the overall Underdog and IMO would be the best matchup against the Niners remaining anyway. If it comes down to Chiefs Niners in the SB (yes I'm giving no chance to GB), I forsee a similar outcome as SB 48 where defense is really what wins the game.
Originally posted by zaghawk:

I don't know how much it would have mattered. Hawks QB pressure has been spotty all season. Even healthy, realistically, this is probably the furthest this team was going this year in the playoffs. The recent poor defensive drafting has definitely shown itself and offensively the coaching needs more creativity. Until then, this is kind of where the team is. Playoffs, but not really going to make any deep runs. I think I'm just annoyed because the season wasn't that fun to watch despite the record. It was truly (and predicted in the offseason) maybe an 8 win team that got lucky for the extra 3 wins. Funny thing is moving forward, as a team and the players themselves I actually quite like the Niners more than GB, but the rival fanbase trash talk swings me. So at this point I'm rooting for the Titans because they're the overall Underdog and IMO would be the best matchup against the Niners remaining anyway. If it comes down to Chiefs Niners in the SB (yes I'm giving no chance to GB), I forsee a similar outcome as SB 48 where defense is really what wins the game.

It would have mattered. Seahawks were forced to be one dimensional because they couldnt get anything going on the ground and yet they still found some success through the air. Not saying they would have won but the game script would have flipped on its heels.
Losing Carson hurt them a lot but they lost against us and gb due to baffling 1st half playcalling on offense. You need to let Wilson just sling it all game
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
There are a lot of explanations as to why Seattle faltered. Many are very legitimate. But there's one that can't be discounted and will always work for and against them: LUCK.

They do a lot of 50/50 plays... strategic chuck and pray. They will have streaks where it works and where it doesn't. When is doesn't, they really don't have a structured answer. This is on reason as to why you can never sleep on them during the game, regardless of lead... but... it's also a reason why you may never be out of the game if they have the lead.

You look at some of the catches DK was pulling in, and you know that that isn't going to be a consistent way to make yards, and a great way to eventually get picked or have a receiver get hurt.

Seattle is a good team, but they (like most other teams) have plays that heavily rely on luck and many that rely on drawing flags... when both don't regularly work... they don't have a good game.
Originally posted by zaghawk:

I really respect the heck out of you and LisaTwelve...very objective. And honest review of your team. Rare.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
lol, given your logic, we can count ourselves lucky because plenty of our games were very close. We lucked out against Seattle in the second game!

At the end of the day, if you are 11-5 or better, you are a good team. There is no if if if.

I've seen this before. The luck part. Steve Young would singlhandedly win games because of his ability to throw it and run it, back in the '90's. Like Midget Wilson, both players are explosive. I saw a lot of last second wins by guys like Elway, Marino and Staubach, because of their explosive offensive talent. That *luck* part is going to disappear, like it did for us, when these players leave the game, unfortunately or otherwise depending on where you lean on as a fan.
Greenlaw ended the dynasty.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

• Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Originally posted by LVJay:

Malcom Butler ended the dynasty. Thank you mr. Butler.
Originally posted by Morgan49:
Originally posted by LVJay:

Malcom Butler ended the dynasty. Thank you mr. Butler.
I wasn't happy about it because NE surpassed us in Super Bowls. 6>5. I was OK with the hated SEA team only having 2 as opposed to NE having 6 especially since they had none in my youth

We are on a 25 year drought and now these clowns have 6! SMH
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jan 15, 2020 at 5:36 AM ]
might have been noted in this thread, but Carroll at the end of year press conference said he expects no changes on staff, meaning awful OC Brian Schottenheimer is coming back
What's even better is that these f**kers get the 27th pick in the draft with a roster that needs top 10 type help. LOL, at the most, only 7 picks better than us.
Originally posted by Joecool:
What's even better is that these f**kers get the 27th pick in the draft with a roster that needs top 10 type help. LOL, at the most, only 7 picks better than us.

Yup. This team seems to overachieve every year and it hurts them in draft position. That is fine with me.
Share 49ersWebzone