Seattle Seahawks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimmy3233:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by Team49ers:
Tate kept pounding his girl!

lol...wait till Lockett starts pounding Ciara!

She contemplates Metkalf's body, but uh oh now Quandre might Digg it
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by elguapo:
True dat. It's so sad how so many people defend Russell Wilson but he has always had weapons on offense, always, good ones. Let's not forget he absolutely ruined Jimmy Graham's career when he was an elite tight end from the Saints. Just shows you how much better Drew Brees is then Russell Wilson it's not even close.

The game is already over at that point they were up by two scores. Done

All facts! Pleased me to see Jimmy Graham "regress" under Wilson.........

Don't you love it how people conveniently forget about that? He is not a great passer, he does make some great passes but he is not a great passer. Still cannot go thru his reads!!! People cannot understand or admit that because they cannot think logically. It's really weird to me but whatever.

Glad they have him and they're dealing with season after season without winning a Super Bowl and they're also dealing with the fact he is the reason they lost that Super Bowl. Ask that defense! Ask Sherman! Anyways great comment how it finally took him eight years to carry a team. But he pissed off a lot of players, so now they don't even have an elite defense to carry his ass and mask all his deficiencies so they will never win a Super Bowl. Great job he will be just like the Andrew luck's the Philip Rivers' great stats in regular season games against bad to mediocre defenses but he chokes in the playoffs and against good Defenses. All too easy
[ Edited by elguapo on Oct 23, 2019 at 2:22 AM ]
"Russell Wilson absolutely ruined Jimmy Graham's career."

Please are you guys doing this on purpose??

Please stop I cant take it anymore

Let me try too...Wilson also made Baldwin retire early because of the cumulative effect of the extra yds he made him run on his routes due to his excessive scrambling. Hence Baldwins knees prematurely went gimpy. lulz
[ Edited by 49erminion on Oct 23, 2019 at 8:47 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erminion:

Let me try too...Wilson also made Baldwin retire early because of the cumulative effect of the extra yds he made him run on his routes due to his excessive scrambling. Hence Baldwins knees prematurely went gimpy. lulz

I don't understand this either. I like to think that we have "rivalries" with teams that are good.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Shehawk, midget, using a "gay encounter" as an insult, etc. from this thread.

Haven't we moved passed this type of juvenile s**t?

This. I kind of expect more from people and fans who root for teams from liberal cities (which is BOTH Seattle and San Fran) where you'd think we moved past this. Not to mention for folks who pride themselves on showing "class", bashing LGBTQ as insults today is pretty much the exact opposite of "class" at this point. Maybe back in high school in the early to mid 90s this type of stuff was funny, but again..."haven't we moved pass this type of juvenile s**t?" was my exact thoughts. As a Seahawk fan in here, I expect to get some verbal jabs, but that kind of stuff I HOPE for better out of really any human being regardless of where you're from or who you root for. Or am I going to be bashed next for being sensitive and be called something that is intended to imply that women are weak? That men should not be sensitive to anything..up until the point we crack and end up as another sad case on the news...I'm hitting heavy stuff here, but it's a pretty tough day now where social norms from the 80s and 90s are a root of a lot of societal issues today, and I'd rather be part of the solution than the problem.

Hahahaha you might need to stop. Show me one shread of evidence how rw did NOT turn Jimmy graham from the leagues elite te with gronk to an afterthought. Wow. Did you even watch any Seahawks games???? 🤣 unbelievable

Maybe you should go back and rewatch every Seahawks game, it's very concerning to say the least. Us as Niner Fan's we're so happy that Russell Wilson could not go through his progressions because Jimmy Graham was such a weapon, one of the leagues very best and Russell Wilson simply could not and did not pass to him. It was laughable. Absolutely laughable. Compare that to the year before or the years prior with Drew Brees. Are you seriously in denial with this? Again, I'm waiting for some proof or evidence that this was not the case.

Next thing you know you will be saying it wasn't RW's fault they couldn't complete a pass against gbs mediocre defense for almost an entire half of football in the playoffs or he simply couldn't move the ball against Carolinas defense. Or better yet.....it wasn't his fault he had arguably the WORST play in the history of football on the very biggest stage at the very biggest moment? Too funny 😂
[ Edited by elguapo on Oct 23, 2019 at 12:45 PM ]

Hahahaha you might need to stop. Show me one shred of evidence how rw did NOT turn Jimmy graham from the leagues elite te with gronk to an afterthought. Wow. Did you even watch any Seahawks games???? 🤣 unbelievable

Maybe you should go back and rewatch every Seahawks game, it's very concerning to say the least. Us as Niner Fan's we're so happy that Russell Wilson could not go through his progressions because Jimmy Graham was such a weapon, one of the leagues very best and Russell Wilson simply could not and did not pass to him. It was laughable. Absolutely laughable. Compare that to the year before or the years prior with Drew Brees. Are you seriously in denial with this? Again, I'm waiting for some proof or evidence that this was not the case.

Next thing you know you will be saying it wasn't RW's fault they couldn't complete a pass against gbs mediocre defense for almost an entire half of football in the playoffs or he simply couldn't move the ball against Carolinas defense. Or better yet.....it wasn't his fault he had arguably the WORST play in the history of football on the very biggest stage at the very biggest moment? Too funny 😂

Willow Wilson is both a bad ass, and a huge liability. It's not that Graham was ruined by Wilson, it's just that he was never going to be a really good asset to Wilson because he came from and excelled in a very structured offense to one that relies on improvisation more than any other team by a long shot and that marriage wasn't a good one. Having said that Graham is back in a very structured offense with a QB who plays from the pocket and he still sucks sooo maybe Graham was falling off and the Saints traded him at the right time?
Originally posted by WINiner:
Willow Wilson is both a bad ass, and a huge liability. It's not that Graham was ruined by Wilson, it's just that he was never going to be a really good asset to Wilson because he came from and excelled in a very structured offense to one that relies on improvisation more than any other team by a long shot and that marriage wasn't a good one. Having said that Graham is back in a very structured offense with a QB who plays from the pocket and he still sucks sooo maybe Graham was falling off and the Saints traded him at the right time?

Maybe both are right like you said....

All I remember was that he was a major PITA when the Saints had him and we battled......anyone remember that hail mary that was called back over OPI or some ish? 2014 season when Kap threw that bomb on 4th down?

I for one am very happy that Graham was traded to the Hawks with Unger sent packing, ultimately weakening their run game enough which was another subtle key in their degradation.

BTW your first sentence is poetic...…...both a bad ass and a huge liability...…….that is the best way to describe WILSON!!

So while the 12s and typical NFL fan only focus on the bad ass, a few of us are on here to say he's got his weaknesses. The type of weaknesses that only the eye test can seemingly detect....

Quite frankly I think it's fair to categorize Wilson as a bad ass regular season QB and a not so bad ass playoff QB...…..Peyton manning, but the mobile willow style....

2015 was the first instance of that, last year was another instance.

What happens this year if his #s are through the roof and another exit early on? What then?

Alex Smith kept moving on from teams for more or less the same level of postseason winning. Wilson hasn't really *won* s**t more than Smith since 2015...

Only difference really is that Smith couldn't pile on the sexy regular season stats/"big time throws", and even when he did, it was a one season thing and unlike Wilson he didn't have 2 SBs reached, 1 won....

End of the day you can't punish Smith and absolve Wilson. As much as I hate Wilson, I'm trying to be objective here.

If he was *OUR* QB, we'd be destroying the motherf**ker. Hell, we nearly destroyed Young....

Hahahaha you might need to stop. Show me one shred of evidence how rw did NOT turn Jimmy graham from the leagues elite te with gronk to an afterthought. Wow. Did you even watch any Seahawks games???? 🤣 unbelievable

Not at all IMO. Graham joined the Packers last year correct? He could not get separation and was slow as molasses starting from a few years ago, however when he joined Seattle he was still the best at getting any kind of separation and out jumping everybody. He was elite. So Russell Wilson had him for a few years he just couldn't hit him or use him properly.

Structured or unstructured Jimmy Graham plenty of times bailed out Drew Brees. Most of the time he is open even when he is covered. This is a fact right? You are right in saying he is a bad ass and a liability. In my opinion he's a bad ass against average defense is but when he faces a great defense or even a pretty good defense he fails miserably most of the time. Especially in the playoffs and that really cannot be argued. That is a quarterback that I do not want to come crunch time. I don't want an early exit in the playoffs I guess Seattle fans don't mind it and some Niner Fan stone either. That's cool. You are right in saying he is a bad ass and a liability.

In my opinion he's a bad ass against average defenses but when he faces a great defense or even a pretty good defense he fails miserably most of the time. Especially in the playoffs and that really cannot be argued. That is a quarterback that I do not want to come crunch time. I don't want an early exit in the playoffs. I guess Seattle fans don't mind it and some Niner Fan's don't either. That's cool. Russell Wilson just didn't do graham any favors at all. We have to really stop defending Russell Wilson on this one because it's pretty easy to tell. The reason Seattle gave such a high draft pick was because he still was elite.
[ Edited by elguapo on Oct 23, 2019 at 11:50 PM ]

Not at all IMO. Graham joined the Packers last year correct? He could not get separation and was slow as molasses starting from a few years ago, however when he joined Seattle he was still the best at getting any kind of separation and out jumping everybody. He was elite. So Russell Wilson had him for a few years he just couldn't hit him or use him properly.

Structured or unstructured Jimmy Graham plenty of times bailed out Drew Brees. Most of the time he is open even when he is covered. This is a fact right? You are right in saying he is a bad ass and a liability. In my opinion he's a bad ass against average defense is but when he faces a great defense or even a pretty good defense he fails miserably most of the time. Especially in the playoffs and that really cannot be argued. That is a quarterback that I do not want to come crunch time. I don't want an early exit in the playoffs I guess Seattle fans don't mind it and some Niner Fan stone either. That's cool. You are right in saying he is a bad ass and a liability.

In my opinion he's a bad ass against average defenses but when he faces a great defense or even a pretty good defense he fails miserably most of the time. Especially in the playoffs and that really cannot be argued. That is a quarterback that I do not want to come crunch time. I don't want an early exit in the playoffs. I guess Seattle fans don't mind it and some Niner Fan's don't either. That's cool. Russell Wilson just didn't do graham any favors at all. We have to really stop defending Russell Wilson on this one because it's pretty easy to tell. The reason Seattle gave such a high draft pick was because he still was elite.

I agree mostly. Willow's play suffers when he plays good defenses because those players are more disciplined and when the play breaks down and Willow is running around there is less disfunction in the back end for him to exploit.

Having said that Wilson has elite avoidance/pocket awareness and he's got a strong accurate arm. Hopefully, he is a Seahawk for a long long time. I'll take the magic but inconsistent Willow Wilson every time because success is not sustainable in that model imo. He will splash regularly but will remain his team's greatest liability.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
[ Edited by Jcool on Oct 24, 2019 at 3:10 PM ]
I agree mostly. Willow's play suffers when he plays good defenses because those players are more disciplined and when the play breaks down and Willow is running around there is less disfunction in the back end for him to exploit.

Having said that Wilson has elite avoidance/pocket awareness and he's got a strong accurate arm. Hopefully, he is a Seahawk for a long long time. I'll take the magic but inconsistent Willow Wilson every time because success is not sustainable in that model imo. He will splash regularly but will remain his team's greatest liability.

You summed that up perfectly. That's why you are a WININER

like judge smails said in caddyshack.....well, we're waiting!!! For any shread of evidence to the contrary. No takers on jimmy Graham's killer performances when switching to RW????
"play suffers when he plays good defenses"...that's like me saying the defense suffers when they play a good offense. They only won because the other team scored more points. Any other obvious statements I can make?

As soon as that QB feels pressure that QB throws bad passes. The Scramble drill and the deep ball is a major weapon for RW, so naturally yes, when that gets taken away he will be less successful. At the end of the day, it depends on what is the definition of a "good qb". Is it yards, touchdowns, passer rating, td-int ratio, wins? or is it all those stats only pocket passing and when you have no defense and garbage receivers? And if its the second one, even the most elite of QBs don't look "elite" in that scenario.
[ Edited by zaghawk on Oct 25, 2019 at 7:23 AM ]

You summed that up perfectly. That's why you are a WININER

like judge smails said in caddyshack.....well, we're waiting!!! For any shread of evidence to the contrary. No takers on jimmy Graham's killer performances when switching to RW????

Ill take you up on Jimmy Graham, because I watched all those games as a Seahawk fan and I was EXCITED for Jimmy coming on this team. Of course there are times RW missed Graham, but honestly it was more Bevell. Fans in the stands watched every damn play just wondering, why the hell we picked up this guy if they were going to use him to block and never pass him the damn ball. I think by the time he left Seattle he was out of his prime years, so his prime got wasted. I dont think he got "ruined" but his best years were wasted being plugged into an team, where the offensive coordinator (and head coach because its his team identity) refused to use him to his full potential and tried to force a square peg through a round hole (forcing a receiver tight end to be a blocking tight end). THis is where the GM and the Coaching staff should have talked more before making such a trade. Jimmy did have a 10 TD year DESPITE how poorly he was utilized, his talent remained, it was wasted. Bummer all around.
Share 49ersWebzone