LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

Seattle Seahawks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
The only real concern I have against Seattle is our own mistakes. Seattle plays a very safe and clean game up in Seattle and you KNOW you have to beat them by 2 TD's to win by 3 on a last second FG at the Clink. We can't shoot ourselves in the foot and we're still doing that today.
Originally posted by NCommand:
The only real concern I have against Seattle is our own mistakes. Seattle plays a very safe and clean game up in Seattle and you KNOW you have to beat them by 2 TD's to win by 3 on a last second FG at the Clink. We can't shoot ourselves in the foot and we're still doing that today.
We haven't won at the clink in years and the only reason we won at home last year is because we played mistake free and needed 24 penalties by Seattle. Easier said than done. Seattle is the most penalized team in the NFL on a yearly basis. I don't know where you're getting "mistake free" 😂 they would have 5 rings by now if they played "mistake free"
[ Edited by OGNiner89 on Oct 19, 2019 at 7:32 AM ]
Originally posted by OGNiner89:
We haven't won at the clink in years and the only reason we won at home last year is because we played mistake free and needed 24 penalties by Seattle. Easier said than done. Seattle is the most penalized team in the NFL on a yearly basis. I don't know where you're getting "mistake free" 😂 they would have 5 rings by now if they played "mistake free"

I guess you're conveniently forgetting that we were playing Seattle with an undrafted quarterback and undrafted running back no o line help and more injuries than anyone in the league and we still whipped their ass with "all" their penalties. They had to commit some of those penalties in order to even stay in the game and prevent big plays from us with our back ups and undrafted players. It was a disgrace them losing to us even if they had 30 penalties we had no business being in that game or winning that game against a Seattle team that had starters in against us and had to win that game because they we fighting for a wild card
Originally posted by elguapo:

I guess you're conveniently forgetting that we were playing Seattle with an undrafted quarterback and undrafted running back no o line help and more injuries than anyone in the league and we still whipped their ass with "all" their penalties. They had to commit some of those penalties in order to even stay in the game and prevent big plays from us with our back ups and undrafted players. It was a disgrace them losing to us even if they had 30 penalties we had no business being in that game or winning that game against a Seattle team that had starters in against us and had to win that game because they we fighting for a wild card

Guys guys guys I'm not trying to defend them but aside from Wilson and Wagner they had nobody last year and arguably in an even bigger rebuild mode than us considering I only knew 2 of their players by name on defense last year. It's crazy how they won 10 games lol I had them pegged for 5-11 and so did many sports writers. They're even better this year with DK Metcalf who is turning into Chad Johnson basically by having a quarterback that can hit his receivers in stride. I love our squad though. You don't need an elite quarterback to win a super bowl although it doesn't hurt 😂 Jimmy just isn't there yet in terms of arm strength or accuracy
Russell Wilson. Anyone who doesn't worry about him hasn't been watching the last 8 years. He's not perfect and he takes too many sacks but he is always a threat to go off script and make a big play. He throws one of the best, most accurate deep balls in the game.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Russell Wilson. Anyone who doesn't worry about him hasn't been watching the last 8 years. He's not perfect and he takes too many sacks but he is always a threat to go off script and make a big play. He throws one of the best, most accurate deep balls in the game.

Exactly. He would make Deebo look like Sammy Watkins

This I can agree with however we have to throw in the fact that he Is very limited when playing against a good defense or in the playoffs as we have seen throughout the last eight years obviously. You can't deny that and this is why I don't like him as much as many others do. It's not hate it's reality! He does not go through progressions well at all. I guess I care what matters in the clutch and big games against good competition which should be the playoffs unless you don't care about a championship quarterback at all just a quarterback that throws up great stats in the regular season and chokes against good defenses and in the playoffs much like Philip Rivers and Andrew luck. But hey they got great stats and are a threat to make big plays right?
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Why do I think OG is actually a seahawk fan
Originally posted by Morgan49:
Why do I think OG is actually a seahawk fan

It's called "Objectivity". Believe it or not I get good treatment on the net from Hawk fans. Yeah some are delusional but we all have them. No fan base is immune to the delusional homer.
To me Seattle is still in rebuild mode. Their fans wanted Ramsey but for 2 first round picks the Rams got hosed lolz

He does indeed. This is great that both the niners and hawks are doing well this year, the rivalry is back on!
[ Edited by beastalamode on Oct 19, 2019 at 12:30 PM ]
No pass rush, no secondary, horrible vs the run??? Yet their d is middle of the road?
The bengals lit them up.... THE BENGALS
the Browns lit them up
The Steelers did as well
The rams 400 pass yards

Ok. Whatever you say

By the way did I mention the bengals absolutely destroyed their defense?

Just saying statistically they are.
Key is to have at least a 2 game lead going into week 17 at Seattle. I don't want to have to win that game to win the division.

We should be 8-0 before we play Seattle Nov 11, so we win that game we are easily going 10-0 w Arizona at home the following week before our tough stretch begins to end the season. If we are 9-0 after beating Seattle in a few weeks, the division is ours and goal will be to secure #1 seed in NFC.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran

If Ford and Bosa contain Wilson those Cawks are going down guarranteed
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
The issue with takeaways are they aren't things you can depend on. If you aren't getting stops besides the takeaways it's can become an issue against teams who are more careful with the ball.

Bingo, that's why that argument is completely irrelevant for the most part And not a reflection of the defense whatsoever

It's a fair reflection I think when the rest of the defense is on point. But def overrated.

For example the 2011 49ers and Packers both forced 38 turnovers. Niners were +28 and Packers not quite as good.

Come playoff time the Packers defense was exposed as front running only, since Rodgers three 46 TDS that year. Giants crushed them.

Niners defense was great but lost the turnover battle against NYG and lost. Probably only beat Saints bc of the TOs.

That 13-3 record was largely run defense and TOs. The defense seemingly took a dive the following year bc turnovers were down but schematically better.

Anyway, turnovers are unsustainable year to year. Points per game, then yards, then TOs icing on the cake.

Seattle got TOs on baker that IMO weren't forced like it was against SF.
Share 49ersWebzone