LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Seattle Seahawks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Oh by the way Judono I think you are confused because you think I'm a Seahawks fan because I keep defending RW. But if you looked at all the past history of the previous thread (which is history) I have been proving time and time again that the Seattle defense is a shell of its former self and were as just to blame as RW for many of their setbacks. So yeah call me a Hawk fan all you want.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by judodono:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by stimpy:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Wilson looks great from the pocket when receivers are running wide open like they have been the last two games. First two games they weren't running wide open and he struggled. But of course the media spin is once again that the real Wilson is the guy throwing to the wide open receivers. Why do the playoff struggles not count? Why are the first two games the aberrations?

If you're looking for an honest answer ...

Only a fraction of his completed passes are to wide open receivers. You must've missed all of the back shoulder throws, deep throws that are laid right into the receivers hand in full stride, quick slants, catches in traffic. The first game against the Dolphins, the new OL was getting destroyed by Suh, Mario Williams, and Cameron Wake. Same for the second game again the Rams D-Line. Plus the high ankle sprain suffered when Suh stepped on his ankle was such an issue that Wilson took no snaps under center in the Rams game; every snap was from the shotgun to compensate for the ankle and folks were surprised he even played that game. The O-line has been much more stout the past two games and the first round draft choice starting right guard finally played his first against the Jets after suffering his own high ankle sprain. So even though Wilson is still lacking in mobility from the ankle and MCL sprain, he's gotten a semblance of a pocket at times the last two games.

Here's another honest answer......

Oftentimes rws wrs are making the plays NOT Wilson. Case in point all the jump balls he throws and all the wide open wrs. Just in the last two games graham had a 50 yard jump ball, a sick one handed catch that was a POOR throw just like the diving highlight catch BALDWIN made on another POOR THROW. and that was just the niners game.

Rw is not consistently accurate and relies on his receivers to make plays a lot more than himself making the great throw.

Right? lol.. My other favorites are the throws that are prayers. Throwing it into tight coverage just hoping the def isn't aware. Where a good DB with greater awareness will turn around in time to pick.

Please guys, you're killing me. Now you are proclaiming RW isn't as good as he seems (or from your perspective, sucks even more) because his mediocre receivers bail him out or the DB's aren't doing their job??

If we are killing you which we are....here's how your posts are ridiculous. You said rw has mediocre receivers????? YUP, BALDWIN AND HIS 14 TDS IS MEDIOCRE. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. and I also made reference to jimmy graham who has bailed out the average passing skills of rw. So far this year an amazing one handed catch and a great 50 jump ball which against almost any other wr would of been an int. And a BAD THROW. You have been owned yet again.
[ Edited by elguapo on Oct 7, 2016 at 1:36 PM ]
Yea the Seahawks defense was proved by this guy to be a shell of its former self. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. still the best elite defense with Denver and not even close to a shell.
[ Edited by elguapo on Oct 7, 2016 at 1:31 PM ]
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
I know right? Wtf is glory talmbout? Seacocks D is still legit. Like game changing legit.
Glory

Edit: wrong emoji

^^^
[ Edited by Morgan49 on Oct 7, 2016 at 1:49 PM ]
HAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHHAHAHAH

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

noobs HAHAHHAHAHA

losers HAHHAHAHAHA
Originally posted by Morgan49:
I know right? Wtf is glory talmbout? Seacocks D is still legit. Like game changing legit.
Glory

^^^

Their peak was 2013 when they had a deep rotation on the dline. They won the SB.

Then they lost that depth and it started to show as they lost at home for the first time in ages and culminated int Brady dissecting them for 300+ passing yds and 4 tds in SB 49.

Then they were thoroughly embarrassed in the 1st half of last year's NFCG.

Yes stat wise they maybe #1 but what do you guys do when RW's stats are sprinkled about?

Is it really a one way street with some peeps here?

Good? Yes. Game changing as in all the time? Hell no.

If this team wins a SB again it's going to be because all three phases are playing well at the same time.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Oct 7, 2016 at 2:17 PM ]
Glory

^^^

Their peak was 2013 when they had a deep rotation on the dline. They won the SB.

Then they lost that depth and it started to show as they lost at home for the first time in ages and culminated int Brady dissecting them for 300+ passing yds and 4 tds in SB 49.

Yes stat wise they maybe #1 but what do you guys do when RW's stats are sprinkled about?

If this team wins a SB again it's going to be because all three phases are playing well at the same time.

You just listed BRADY and CAM NEWTON as two examples of Seattles defense as being a shell of its former self. Are you seriously kidding me. The best qb in the league and almost all time and the league MVP. wow. Just f**king wow. Any defense holding teams to 12 points in wins is extremely ELITE NOT GOOD like you said. You have no argument here you are wrong. You can't admit it. It's hilarious
[ Edited by elguapo on Oct 7, 2016 at 5:01 PM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:
Glory

^^^

You just listed BRADY and CAM NEWTON as two examples of Seattles defense as being a shell of its former self. Are you seriously kidding me. The best qb in the league and almost all time and the league MVP. wow. Just f**king wow. Any defense holding teams to 12 points in wins is extremely ELITE NOT GOOD like you said. You have no argument here you are wrong. You can't admit it. It's hilarious

So RW is not elite for leading the league in passer rating last season and performance from the pocket? He's not elite for having a 5 year track record that surpasses many HOF QB's? So it's ok for this "elite" defense to feed on bottom dwellers (Jimmy Clausen twice last year remember) but get their asses handed to them by competent offenses? You still haven't addressed this double standard of yours.

Why were they able to completely destroy one of the greatest offenses ever in the 2013 Broncos led by Peyton but were bent over for Brady, Cam, Romo, Big Ben, Dalton, Palmer, Rodgers, Stafford, Rivers, and even a multitude of running backs like Jamaal Charles and DeMarco Murray in 2014 and 2015?

I think you are considered elite only if you defeat the elite. I'm just saying there is a significant drop off in their performance from 2013 to 2014, 2015, against better offenses and you'll probably see the same thing this year.
Your whole logic is flawed. No double standards involved with me. You used his "track record" to suggest he may be elite better than "many HOF QBs" well I will tell you what. A lot of those HOF qbs if they had Seattles elite defense they would have more sb rings easily.

If you are suggesting his win total as track record that would be the defense as we have proved you wrong about rws inability to win when the other team scores more than 24 points, a feat that's done by most all HOF qbs and a lot of average passers around the league currently. That's done.

If you want to point out his leading qbr last year, well why don't you mention he went against scrub defenses and or secondaries during that 5-6 game stretch. Pitt balt SF to name a few. That's done unless you want to be hypercritical. That's done.

And your defense rarely gets bent over like you said. Dalton barely beat you as well as Carolina the first game. They were both trailing and if anything it was due to chancellor holding out more than anything else so stop pretending your defense got owned. You have possibly the best secondary of all time so again just stop. Every defense plays a couple of bad qbs and they are supposed to own them. Most good to great defenses cannot. Seattle can and has. That's done.

Seattle may have the number 1 defense FIVE YEARS IN A ROW. not since Cleveland in the 60s has that happened. So give it a rest. Shell of their former self hahaha. Yeah ok.

Rw is not even close to elite. Too many games he has had trouble completing passes, too many playoff games he has done poorly to say the least. He is a good game manager that has the occasional great game against weak opponents and or defenses. But he has proven he cannot win a game when the opposition scores over 24 points and most elite qbs can do that. Hell, even qbs like rivers, flacco Eli and so on have and are better qbs and have not had the help of an elite defense year after year. Eli had both sbs bc of a great pass rush but their d was nothing like Seattles. Also not many qbs were carried by the best rb in the league like lynch did for them. That's done.

So, Rw is definitely not elite. Losing the sb and being embarrassed in the playoffs the last two years is enough to prove that argument alone.
We're never going to agree on anything, and we are probably comparing apples to oranges. Your elite defense will never be elite again, whereas RW will probably get better and better as a passer as their offense adjusts without Lynch. Anyway, the Seahawks defense lost them that SuperBowl and the 2015 NFDG, That proves they are a shell of their former self.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Oct 7, 2016 at 6:08 PM ]

We're never going to agree on anything, and we are probably comparing apples to oranges. Your elite defense will never be elite again, whereas RW will probably get better and better as a passer as their offense adjusts without Lynch. Anyway, the Seahawks defense lost them that SuperBowl and the 2015 NFDG, That proves they are a shell of their former self.

Are you sure? Rw had a hard time completing passes in the first half of the sb. He actually was horrible. He also threw the game sealing int. Completely his fault and under his control. New England didn't have a good pass rush and their d was above average. Rw should of kept score l, he couldn't as he has proved what 12 out of 13 times when the opposition scored over 24. So you are wrong.

In the nfcc game Rw threw a pick 6 and set them up for another fg. 10 points in the opening minutes of the game? That's the defenses fault? IN THE ENTIRE game Seattles DEFENSE gave up ONLY 21 points to the LEADING SCORING OFFENSE? That is great defense. You are wrong again.

It's not seeing eye to eye or apples to oranges there is such a thing as right and wrong with little grey area. That's what it is.
This thread picked up where it left off
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Wilson looks great from the pocket when receivers are running wide open like they have been the last two games. First two games they weren't running wide open and he struggled. But of course the media spin is once again that the real Wilson is the guy throwing to the wide open receivers. Why do the playoff struggles not count? Why are the first two games the aberrations?
I don't believe the first games were aberrations - I think they were a combination of greatly superior defensive lines forcing him to get rid of the ball. Plus his accuracy in the Rams game was not good. Again I think interior pressure and a fresh high ankle sprain seemed to keep him from driving the ball. Nobody likes pressure in their face and Aaron Donald is kryptonite for Wilson
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
This thread picked up where it left off

LOL, love it.

I'm going to pay attention to film that Andy Benoit noted that Wilson bails from the pocket when receivers don't get open right away.

And I'll throw a bone (with a condition):

Wilson has gotten better every year. But his defense drop off and the drop off in Lynch last year (and now departure) has been such that the overall net result is that the Seahawks are worse now.

Not terrible, but mortal at home, and certainly beatable in playoffs.

As far as that defense, even when the Hawks lose they never EVER get blown out. Since 2012 every single QB in the league has experienced a 11+ point defeat (and probably closer to 20-24+) except Wilson. That's unreal.....Montana and Young also got ass kicked in games here and there.

It wasn't until the second Rams game last year and the first one this year that the Hawks didn't possess the lead in a game under Wilson as well.

Is that Wilson keeping these games close or the defense?
Share 49ersWebzone