There are 113 users in the forums

Seattle Seahawks thread

Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by LVJay:
I much prefer they go 5-11 with Wilson than 2-14 without.....for one it would help cement what Elguapo and I have been talking about, whereas going 2-14 without him would lead to similar excuses that we've had to give the Niners in recent years (would be absolutely reasonable).

Agree with all that...

The D would take a big hit if Wagner went down or if they lose their best pass rusher. They aren't deep anymore and the new guys aren't anywhere close. The offense isn't good enough for a shoot out, they'll have to rely more on the run game. We're sweeping them.

Perfectly said, couldn't agree more.

As long as the 49ers defense can consistently shut down the run game and put Wilson in 3rd and long, it will be very difficult for them to move the ball on our team.

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but remember how the Rams under Fisher had their # defensively, just smothering them? I think we have a shot at seeing that with our team. If the Seahawk fans keep claiming their OL is garbage, then there's no way they'll be able to block all of our guys.

Yup. We know our 💩

Now I see Duane Brown claiming that the Seahawks OL might be the best in the league this year.......LMAO, ok.

I hope they think they can block the average DL, let alone ours.
They're one injury away from a 5-11 type season. If willow gets a season-ending injury early, they could be a 2-14 type team.

We don't want that. I need them to do what they have been doing, winning enough games to never have a shot at an elite player. Drafting 12 to 20 yearly to me is perfect.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
They're one injury away from a 5-11 type season. If willow gets a season-ending injury early, they could be a 2-14 type team.

We don't want that. I need them to do what they have been doing, winning enough games to never have a shot at an elite player. Drafting 12 to 20 yearly to me is perfect.

My thoughts exactly I always want them around eight wins eight losses.
Now I see Duane Brown claiming that the Seahawks OL might be the best in the league this year.......LMAO, ok.

I hope they think they can block the average DL, let alone ours.

Wow, and people think some of us fans are delusional well there is a delusional player. The hawks ol Is usually in the bottom five units in the league.
As much as I believe Seattle's OL sucks, a big part of that was Tom Cable. I think getting rid of him will help them.
[ Edited by Waterbear on Jun 20, 2019 at 9:20 AM ]
Originally posted by Waterbear:
As much as I believe Seattle's OL sucks, a big part of that was Tom Cable. I think getting rid of him will help them.

Yeah, but they always were a decent pass block OL with Cable. I saw that their OL run block ranks were always top 5 under Cable.

Reason their pass block OL sucks is because of Wilson. Can't f**king sit still and go through progressions were 31 other starting QBs like to do it.
Good Lord, this guy.

[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 23, 2019 at 1:07 PM ]
Cornrows look more authentic on Justin Bieber

Yeah, but they always were a decent pass block OL with Cable. I saw that their OL run block ranks were always top 5 under Cable.

Reason their pass block OL sucks is because of Wilson. Can't f**king sit still and go through progressions were 31 other starting QBs like to do it.

I think you mean they weren't decent? I believe all cable offensive lines have been near dead last in pass protection. I have to be objective and RW has had to carry his offense with little to no blocking. Sure sometimes it's on him for holding the ball too long but do you blame him when his WR's have been meh too?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Good Lord, this guy.

Objectively my least favorite QB in the NFL, with Carr as a close second. I have goodie goodie type QB's and they are the worst.

I think you mean they weren't decent? I believe all cable offensive lines have been near dead last in pass protection. I have to be objective and RW has had to carry his offense with little to no blocking. Sure sometimes it's on him for holding the ball too long but do you blame him when his WR's have been meh too?

Baldwin was one of the best slot 3rd down guys in the league for his career. Jimmy Graham didn't have issues being on same page with Drew Brees.
I think Seattle is looking at 3rd place this year.

Sorry, I meant to say their run block OL was always decent (don't know how I fumbled that one). They were excellent when they had Max Unger, and since they got traded him to the Saints have gone down hill a bit but never terrible.

Wilson's scrambling style has brought about more problems than anything. IMO it contributes to his OL getting worse pass blocking grades than they deserve, and of course when he gets himself in trouble and bails himself out at the same time, the emphasis is always on his wonderful ability and very little to never any criticism for bringing it about in the first place. He easily leads the league in "walk in sacks" when he spins right into a defender's arms.....he probably accounts for 90% of such sacks in the NFL since he's been in the league.

The best game plan priorities for Wilson I believe are the following:

1) Good CBs and safety help to take away deep shots - he actually throws these balls very well. Take this away and you immediately have a huge advantage.
2) A good pass rush that pushes the line backwards at a steady pace much more than super edge speed (often can create a void for him to slip out of and escape to) - this style will get you killed against the normal top QBs, but somehow works on Wilson, LOL.....
3) Force him to throw to the short to intermediate middle where height becomes an issue - Rams figured this one out under Fisher
4) Lots of disguises on defense - making Wilson hold the ball often results in him getting anxious and wanting to move out of his pocket - Andy Benoit has noted this time and time again in his film study. The magic zone is you don't want Wilson to get rid of it super fast, but to hold it juts long enough for him to start getting happy feet.

I remember many years ago, the 1990 season opener. The 49ers would play the Saints in the Superdome and the broadcast was showing some kind of game plan to stop Montana (I vaguely remember it, but it was somewhat technical like I describe above). I laughed, even at age 11 knowing that Joe Montana wasn't gonna be stopped schematically by "concepts". Back then I understood if you had a talented defense that could stop the run and rush the passer and slow Jerry Rice down, you had a shot....I've seen a few Giants games back then to know. But FOH with the idea that you could "fool" Joe, and now in year 9 some DC has got the solution to make Joe look like a rookie QB...

Somehow though I do feel that Wilson can be treated as such. I think the problem is that it's such a unique style of defense and priorities to worry about that it's hard for many defenses to consistently apply against the Seahawks. The Rams, Cowboys, Vikings and even Cardinals have had some great success over the years just applying the principles. Green Bay finally got the hang of it in 2014-2017 and I think the 49ers last year in game 2 finally got the hang of it....

Of course every year Wilson has a very good game or two unexpectedly against a top team, and it's not understandable why. But for the most part, he will buckle. I see no way that the Seahawks can beat the Bears in Chicago because Fangio is too good.

TLDR:

I fully expect Wilson's luck against the 49ers to run out this year.

Sorry, I meant to say their run block OL was always decent (don't know how I fumbled that one). They were excellent when they had Max Unger, and since they got traded him to the Saints have gone down hill a bit but never terrible.

Wilson's scrambling style has brought about more problems than anything. IMO it contributes to his OL getting worse pass blocking grades than they deserve, and of course when he gets himself in trouble and bails himself out at the same time, the emphasis is always on his wonderful ability and very little to never any criticism for bringing it about in the first place. He easily leads the league in "walk in sacks" when he spins right into a defender's arms.....he probably accounts for 90% of such sacks in the NFL since he's been in the league.

The best game plan priorities for Wilson I believe are the following:

1) Good CBs and safety help to take away deep shots - he actually throws these balls very well. Take this away and you immediately have a huge advantage.
2) A good pass rush that pushes the line backwards at a steady pace much more than super edge speed (often can create a void for him to slip out of and escape to) - this style will get you killed against the normal top QBs, but somehow works on Wilson, LOL.....
3) Force him to throw to the short to intermediate middle where height becomes an issue - Rams figured this one out under Fisher
4) Lots of disguises on defense - making Wilson hold the ball often results in him getting anxious and wanting to move out of his pocket - Andy Benoit has noted this time and time again in his film study. The magic zone is you don't want Wilson to get rid of it super fast, but to hold it juts long enough for him to start getting happy feet.

I remember many years ago, the 1990 season opener. The 49ers would play the Saints in the Superdome and the broadcast was showing some kind of game plan to stop Montana (I vaguely remember it, but it was somewhat technical like I describe above). I laughed, even at age 11 knowing that Joe Montana wasn't gonna be stopped schematically by "concepts". Back then I understood if you had a talented defense that could stop the run and rush the passer and slow Jerry Rice down, you had a shot....I've seen a few Giants games back then to know. But FOH with the idea that you could "fool" Joe, and now in year 9 some DC has got the solution to make Joe look like a rookie QB...

Somehow though I do feel that Wilson can be treated as such. I think the problem is that it's such a unique style of defense and priorities to worry about that it's hard for many defenses to consistently apply against the Seahawks. The Rams, Cowboys, Vikings and even Cardinals have had some great success over the years just applying the principles. Green Bay finally got the hang of it in 2014-2017 and I think the 49ers last year in game 2 finally got the hang of it....

Of course every year Wilson has a very good game or two unexpectedly against a top team, and it's not understandable why. But for the most part, he will buckle. I see no way that the Seahawks can beat the Bears in Chicago because Fangio is too good.

TLDR:

I fully expect Wilson's luck against the 49ers to run out this year.

Fangio is in Denver
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Fangio is in Denver

Ahhh, right, forgot about that.

And now they won't play Denver for another 3 seasons..........always lucks out that little s**t.
Share 49erswebzone