LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 318 users in the forums

Seattle Seahawks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:

That's gonna hurt them. Baldwin was as reliable as it gets.

Chancellor as well, I saw.
Originally posted by cortana49:

Down to Wagner and Wilson and no Clark either
Yup. They're so done. Then again we've been calling it after they lost the sb and we were right. At least they got a gift with DK but he's mainly a one trick pony as well with some great traits for go routes
Originally posted by Stanley:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Ok, I'll start the discussion on our favorite topic:

https://twitter.com/Andy_Benoit/status/783781803026817024?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

@Andy_Benoit #Seahawks Film: Wilson's inclination when routes don't open quickly is still to move out of pocket...If you want Wilson throwing from pocket, you must use a quick, defined pass game.

To me this is why Wilson is still not a top QB (despite his fans saying contrary). Probably the best two sentences to describe Wilson's deficiency in his passing game.

Bevell is an underrated OC who gets Wilson a ton of great quick reads. If you pay attention, a majority of Wilson's completions are either very fast or those deep balls.

Or.....Wilson is out of the pocket and can make a play from out of the pocket.

But what happens when you take away the quick throw and stay disciplined?

You get Wilson unable to make a completion for the first quarter of the Super Bowl. I recall a few plays where Patriots couldn't get to Wilson for seemingly hours and it was still incomplete.

#BelichickTheGenius

I think it was always obvious to anyone except a Seahawks fan that Wilson's success is predicated on his ability to scramble in tight spaces, creating a more street style game.

Thanks for an old post bump!!

While I wish to concur with you here, I think many NFL fans are still in denial with Wilson. I'd say probably 70-80% still cannot see the truth.....I know many fans around the league personally, and they think Wilson is good.

I'm telling you, if Wilson was forced to play QB the way other teams demand and throw the ball just as much, we'd see the cracks for sure of a mediocre QB at best.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Yup. They're so done. Then again we've been calling it after they lost the sb and we were right. At least they got a gift with DK but he's mainly a one trick pony as well with some great traits for go routes

Which is fine with me. Wilson ALWAYS gets his way with the go routes.....he probably could have gotten Brett Swain some numbers......but he will never be able to take advantage of a WR through surgical incisions of a defense.

When we play them, we'll just roll safety help on him and put our #3 CB on him. No need to waste precious resources on the guy....
Thanks for an old post bump!!

While I wish to concur with you here, I think many NFL fans are still in denial with Wilson. I'd say probably 70-80% still cannot see the truth.....I know many fans around the league personally, and they think Wilson is good.

I'm telling you, if Wilson was forced to play QB the way other teams demand and throw the ball just as much, we'd see the cracks for sure of a mediocre QB at best.

Good game manager with a good deep throw and elusiveness but can't go through progressions that well and holds the ball too long
Originally posted by cortana49:

Down to Wagner and Wilson and no Clark either

My little post of the NFCW talent rankings all show us #2 in the division on talent alone, surpassing Seattle. That doesn't mean anything until we beat them twice and take their place as a 9-10 game winner but the talent is there now. No excuses.
Which is fine with me. Wilson ALWAYS gets his way with the go routes.....he probably could have gotten Brett Swain some numbers......but he will never be able to take advantage of a WR through surgical incisions of a defense.

When we play them, we'll just roll safety help on him and put our #3 CB on him. No need to waste precious resources on the guy....

Very true JT hope you're doing good and staying safe. I'm looking forward to whipping the Seahawks this year. Their d is not good at all imo
I hope the 49ers AT LEAST take a look at Kam Chancellor. He's still better than the bums we have at Safety

Originally posted by DarkShinobiX:
I hope the 49ers AT LEAST take a look at Kam Chancellor. He's still better than the bums we have at Safety

Failed physical. He's done. Seattle would have done anything to keep him.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
They just signed Ziggy Ansah on the cheap for a $9 mil one year deal, but it looks like the dude might miss the first month of the season recovering from his shoulder surgery.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/new-seahawks-de-ezekiel-ansah-could-miss-the-first-month-of-the-season-recovering-from-surgery/
We call this floundering
Still think seattle is gonna be good.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Still think seattle is gonna be good.

I think they will always be between 7-9 wins. If that's good then they will always be a marginal wild card race team
Share 49ersWebzone