There are 210 users in the forums

Seattle Seahawks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by stimpy:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Wilson looks great from the pocket when receivers are running wide open like they have been the last two games. First two games they weren't running wide open and he struggled. But of course the media spin is once again that the real Wilson is the guy throwing to the wide open receivers. Why do the playoff struggles not count? Why are the first two games the aberrations?

If you're looking for an honest answer ...

Only a fraction of his completed passes are to wide open receivers. You must've missed all of the back shoulder throws, deep throws that are laid right into the receivers hand in full stride, quick slants, catches in traffic. The first game against the Dolphins, the new OL was getting destroyed by Suh, Mario Williams, and Cameron Wake. Same for the second game again the Rams D-Line. Plus the high ankle sprain suffered when Suh stepped on his ankle was such an issue that Wilson took no snaps under center in the Rams game; every snap was from the shotgun to compensate for the ankle and folks were surprised he even played that game. The O-line has been much more stout the past two games and the first round draft choice starting right guard finally played his first against the Jets after suffering his own high ankle sprain. So even though Wilson is still lacking in mobility from the ankle and MCL sprain, he's gotten a semblance of a pocket at times the last two games.

Here's another honest answer......

Oftentimes rws wrs are making the plays NOT Wilson. Case in point all the jump balls he throws and all the wide open wrs. Just in the last two games graham had a 50 yard jump ball, a sick one handed catch that was a POOR throw just like the diving highlight catch BALDWIN made on another POOR THROW. and that was just the niners game.

Rw is not consistently accurate and relies on his receivers to make plays a lot more than himself making the great throw.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Wilson looks great from the pocket when receivers are running wide open like they have been the last two games. First two games they weren't running wide open and he struggled. But of course the media spin is once again that the real Wilson is the guy throwing to the wide open receivers. Why do the playoff struggles not count? Why are the first two games the aberrations?

Only a fraction of his completed passes are to wide open receivers. You must've missed all of the back shoulder throws, deep throws that are laid right into the receivers hand in full stride, quick slants, catches in traffic. The first game against the Dolphins, the new OL was getting destroyed by Suh, Mario Williams, and Cameron Wake. Same for the second game again the Rams D-Line. Plus the high ankle sprain suffered when Suh stepped on his ankle was such an issue that Wilson took no snaps under center in the Rams game; every snap was from the shotgun to compensate for the ankle and folks were surprised he even played that game. The O-line has been much more stout the past two games and the first round draft choice starting right guard finally played his first against the Jets after suffering his own high ankle sprain. So even though Wilson is still lacking in mobility from the ankle and MCL sprain, he's gotten a semblance of a pocket at times the last two games.

Oftentimes rws wrs are making the plays NOT Wilson. Case in point all the jump balls he throws and all the wide open wrs. Just in the last two games graham had a 50 yard jump ball, a sick one handed catch that was a POOR throw just like the diving highlight catch BALDWIN made on another POOR THROW. and that was just the niners game.

Rw is not consistently accurate and relies on his receivers to make plays a lot more than himself making the great throw.

Right? lol.. My other favorites are the throws that are prayers. Throwing it into tight coverage just hoping the def isn't aware. Where a good DB with greater awareness will turn around in time to pick.

Here's a different perspective on Baldwin's one-handed catch. Wilson, with a bum ankle, somehow avoids Wilhoite's free run at him on a blitz and somehow manages to throw it off balance, all arm, 27 yards downfield without being set. Yes it was an amazing catch but 31 other QBs in the league would've been sacked for a loss and he made something out of nothing. That might be what others see from that play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLlmkupRqYs

Here's a different perspective on Baldwin's one-handed catch. Wilson, with a bum ankle, somehow avoids Wilhoite's free run at him on a blitz and somehow manages to throw it off balance, all arm, 27 yards downfield without being set. Yes it was an amazing catch but 31 other QBs in the league would've been sacked for a loss and he made something out of nothing. That might be what others see from that play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLlmkupRqYs

Against Wilhoitte?? lol nah
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
and yet . . .
From the pocket

The idea that Wilson can't operate from the pocket is tired and silly. In his first four seasons, he completed 67.8 percent of his passes (fifth), averaged 8.16 yards per attempt (first) and posted a passer rating of 105.9 (second) on throws from inside the pocket.

What's been different this year is how quickly he's gotten rid of the ball. Wilson's average time before a pass is 2.37 seconds, ninth fastest in the NFL. Last year, he showed the ability to do this in specific situations -- against the blitz and on third down. But Wilson still finished 32nd overall (2.67 seconds) because he's good at extending plays and scrambling.

This season, Wilson has completed 68.1 percent of his passes, averaged 8.35 yards per attempt and posted a passer rating of 102.0 from the pocket. The offense got off to a shaky start in Weeks 1 and 2, but the version we've seen the past two games looks similar to the one that averaged 32 points per contest in the second half of 2015.

Outside the pocket

This is the part of Wilson's game that has been affected the most. Last year, 20.7 percent of Wilson's throws were attempted while he was outside the pocket -- whether they were designed or he was improvising.

Through four games, that number is just 10.5 percent.

Wilson has compensated for his inability to improvise as much by allowing his weapons to make plays even when they're not necessarily open. Guys likeJimmy Graham, Doug Baldwin, Tyler Lockett and Paul Richardson have rewarded him by making difficult, contested catches. And this trust is something the Seahawks should benefit from even when Wilson is healthy.

http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/22375/how-russell-wilson-changed-his-style-to-play-through-injuries

I do appreciate your constant rebuttal to every statistic or observation out there.

I'd like to see how certain teams play Wilson, like New England and Green Bay. See how much has improved since their last meetings.
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:

"talk seahawks with class"
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
I do appreciate your constant rebuttal to every statistic or observation out there.

I'd like to see how certain teams play Wilson, like New England and Green Bay. See how much has improved since their last meetings.

Me too
Originally posted by judodono:

Right? lol.. My other favorites are the throws that are prayers. Throwing it into tight coverage just hoping the def isn't aware. Where a good DB with greater awareness will turn around in time to pick.

Please guys, you're killing me. Now you are proclaiming RW isn't as good as he seems (or from your perspective, sucks even more) because his mediocre receivers bail him out or the DB's aren't doing their job??

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Please guys, you're killing me. Now you are proclaiming RW isn't as good as he seems (or from your perspective, sucks even more) because his mediocre receivers bail him out or the DB's aren't doing their job??

Pretty much. Just wait until he sees a legit defense. Are you still haunted by the Panthers beating? Lucky for you they might eliminate themselves from contention allowing roid-Hawks to avoid them altogether.

Pretty much. Just wait until he sees a legit defense. Are you still haunted by the Panthers beating? Lucky for you they might eliminate themselves from contention allowing roid-Hawks to avoid them altogether.

Kk Gua Jr. Haunted? I was laughing my ass off at that 1st half beatdown. Were you haunted at how the Panthers sliced up that vaunted Seattle D?

"roid-Hawks to avoid them altogether" <<< wtf does this mean?

Man, you have a serious crush on Wilson.
Kk Gua Jr. Haunted? I was laughing my ass off at that 1st half beatdown. Were you haunted at how the Panthers sliced up that vaunted Seattle D?

"roid-Hawks to avoid them altogether"

I'm confused.

I'm confused.

Ahh.. I get it, you still think we don't see through this sock account. And you're playing up the role of a "niner fan" - got it.

But ya, I laughed through the entire game. Laughed at the first half because it was so expected. Laughed at the "oh boy they came back and made a game out of it" rhetoric thereafter. Good times..

I'm confused.

Ahh.. I get it, you still think we don't see through this sock account. And you're playing up the role of a "niner fan" - got it.

But ya, I laughed through the entire game. Laughed at the first half because it was so expected. Laughed at the "oh boy they came back and made a game out of it" rhetoric thereafter. Good times..

Nice nice play it off. Yes that was a laughable game especially the rhetoric after that RW was going up against a prevent and disinterested defense in the 2nd half whereas the defense dominated against an offense that was trying so hard to put up more points.
Share 49ersWebzone