There are 253 users in the forums

Seattle Seahawks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Eviltwin66:
You guys don't think that was interference on Kearse in the end zone? there was actually two, but one was a blatant no call. I thought there was missed calls for both teams. Let's face it, the officiating in the NFL is as bad as it's ever been, after every play I immediately look for the yellow flag before i celebrate now.

The officiating is well on its way to making the games unwatchable. Good hits are flagged, what constitutes PI and holding seems to change from 1/4 to 1/4 let alone from game to game. A QB in the pocket ducks to avoid the rush and gets hit in the head accidentally, and its not only a personal foul and 15 yards, the defensive player can expect a fine. The majority of what happens in todays officiating is all about limiting liability and showing due diligence for future lawsuits and has nothing to do with improving the game. Too many games are being decided by things that don't impact the plays that are made on the field. And they wonder why fewer people are tuning in?
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by NCommand:
"I mean, I thought there was interference on offense on a few plays, and they didn't get it," Sherman said. "So it was just one of those games. They let us play."

LMAO. No Sherman, they let YOU play. Everyone else has to play by the rules. This guy...like Hawk fans...just live in a completely different reality.

LMAO, so true!

Haha....they've been letting Dick Sherm "just play" since he got in the league. It's given the illusion that he's an elite Corner. That dude ain't in the same galaxy as true shutdown guys of the past 20-25 years. It's gonna be fun watching him lose that step he doesn't have the luxury of losing. Julio had a buck thirty on him and should've had a 40 yard PI.
Originally posted by Niners816:
Haha....they've been letting Dick Sherm "just play" since he got in the league. It's given the illusion that he's an elite Corner. That dude ain't in the same galaxy as true shutdown guys of the past 20-25 years. It's gonna be fun watching him lose that step he doesn't have the luxury of losing. Julio had a buck thirty on him and should've had a 40 yard PI.

May be splitting hairs, but he actually had 3 for 40 on him.
Originally posted by maltz88:

Sorry didn't watch til the fourth....I thought he would've have shadowed Julio. I'll take your word on how much was on Sherm.

Earl Thomas is the true superstar of that secondary and always has been.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Oct 17, 2016 at 5:21 PM ]
Dick's holding was so obvious this Monday Night officiating crew is calling everything. Literally. Everything.
Dick's holding was so obvious this Monday Night officiating crew is calling everything. Literally. Everything.

Originally posted by Quest4six:

Obvious PI

But seriously, do refs ever throw a flag against the cheathawks in Seattle tho?
Quinn can't complain he got his HC job by teaching just that.
Originally posted by Quest4six:

Officials made a business decision. Didn't want to get stabbed, who can blame them.
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
I think it will burn Seattle later this season. Post season, if they make it...

And gosh darn, didly Flippin son of a darn gumption, I hope Seattle seahawks will finally lose a game like they should.

Dad gummit.

I was thinking of how to solve the "Seattle Problem" with holding.

All of this would go away IF we could go back to '80s football where EVERYONE played like how Sherman plays now.

If you do that, then you instantly equalize the playing field. Everyone else's defense gets noticeably better while Seattle's only marginally improves. It would in essence hurt them.

I think the rule changes in 2004 after Bill Polian complained about the Patriots roughing up Peyton's receivers would be worthy of reversing just to undermine what the Hawks do. I think it was some level of illegal contact.

Are we going to have to wait until Carroll retires/leaves the Seahawks to see any change?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Quinn can't complain he got his HC job by teaching just that.

Exactly! He must've believed that once he left for Atlanta, the cawkSuckers were going to stop cheating

#TasteYourOwnMedicineQuinn
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
"Are we going to have to wait until Carroll retires/leaves the Seahawks to see any change?"

Most likely (unfortunately)... I believe carroll is a frequent customer / supporter for the NFL Official's Glory Hole parties
Originally posted by maltz88:

Sorry didn't watch til the fourth....I thought he would've have shadowed Julio. I'll take your word on how much was on Sherm.

Earl Thomas is the true superstar of that secondary and always has been.

Earl is the best at what he does I agree, but it's Kam who's the engine that makes this group go. He calls the DB plays and audibles, and as you saw Sunday, his absence on the field can be devastating. Both those long TD's were missed communicated audibles that Kelcie didn't get. That's why Sherman blew up on the sidelines.
[ Edited by Eviltwin66 on Oct 18, 2016 at 7:01 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
oddly enough, I don't hate sherman as much as I used to. The only dudes I hate on that team are Thomas, Wilson and Carroll.
Share 49ersWebzone