LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 247 users in the forums

Lamar Jackson QB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
After reading the offers Lamar has rejected .... this is about Lamar wanting Mahomes $$$ .

Except Mahomes has $100 mil in guaranteed money. This is about earning more than the idiotic contract the Browns gave Watson, just so he can say that he has a bigger contract than the idiotic contract that the Browns gave Watson.

Stupid ass Browns. Who were they competing against for Watson? That's what I always wonder when a player signs a ridiculous contract.

Look at the situation they put their rival and former selves in... are the Browns so stupid, that maybe they are smart?
After reading the offers Lamar has rejected .... this is about Lamar wanting Mahomes $$$ .

Except Mahomes has $100 mil in guaranteed money. This is about earning more than the idiotic contract the Browns gave Watson, just so he can say that he has a bigger contract than the idiotic contract that the Browns gave Watson.

Stupid ass Browns. Who were they competing against for Watson? That's what I always wonder when a player signs a ridiculous contract.

The Browns were considered out cause Watson wouldn't get rid of the no trade clause for them until they threw out that 2fity guaranteed.
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Mar 31, 2023 at 9:36 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Look at the situation they put their rival and former selves in... are the Browns so stupid, that maybe they are smart?

The Browns are paying Watson over $60 mil a year for the next three seasons, crippling their financial flexibility. So yes, they are quite stupid, especially if Watson never returns to his prior level of performance.

Nope. They were exceptionally dumb.

The Browns are paying Watson over $60 mil a year for the next three seasons, crippling their financial flexibility. So yes, they are quite stupid, especially if Watson never returns to his prior level of performance.

Quite stupid yes however they are dealing a tough hand to BAL..

CLE right now:

CLE right now:

Not sure how that is a positive when the Browns f**ked themselves.

Baltimore can let Lamar walk, rebuild and find another QB in a couple years because they are a well-run organization. The Browns will still be trash then.

CLE right now:

Not sure how that is a positive when the Browns f**ked themselves.

Baltimore can let Lamar walk, rebuild and find another QB in a couple years because they are a well-run organization. The Browns will still be trash then.

I'm kinda joking here, sure CLE has upped the demands from Lamar, but it's in no way worth selling their competitiveness for the next half decade down the drain

I'm on record in the Watson thread it's one of the worst deals I've ever witnessed in sports history; I was posting on it in real time as the deal was going down, embarrassing.. fitting it would be CLE to pull off such a move, so bad on so many levels, the cap, the gtd, the allegations, the draft picks, and him being so rusty, from not playing for such a long time, didn't surprise me at all when he played poorly, which he did, I guess the only silver lining if any, is BAL is having more challenge resigning their FQB.
For the players, the revenue sharing % has dipped over the years with each updated CBA (IIRC).

I can't help but continually find it interesting how adamant some fans are that the billionaire owners that don't break a sweat deserve to keep a larger piece of the ever-ncreasing pie than the players they enjoy watching risk life and limb should get.

Lamar has more than earned his fair share with a rookie deal that has taken advantage of his best years.

He's brought into the league way, way more than he has taken home.

It's time for him to cash in and I wish him the best of luck in squeezing out whatever he can.
[ Edited by random49er on Mar 31, 2023 at 12:52 PM ]
Originally posted by random49er:
For the players, the revenue sharing % has dipped over the years with each updated CBA (IIRC).

I can't help but continually find it interesting how adamant some fans are that the billionaire owners that don't break a sweat deserve to keep a larger piece of the ever-ncreasing pie than the players they enjoy watching risk life and limb should get.

Lamar has more than earned his fair share with a rookie deal that has taken advantage of his best years.

He's brought into the league way, way more than he has taken home.

It's time for him to cash in and I wish him the best of luck in squeezing out whatever he can.

That is an invalid argument. Has anybody argued the salary cap should not go up?

No, we are arguing that lamar is not worth 20% of the cap.
Welcome to the Bay Area!!!!!

So Stocked for this trade!!!

Originally posted by Eli_23:

Nice try!

Can't believe we got him for Aiyuk, Lance, and next years first. Going to miss Aiyuk and sure hoped Lance was going to be special but Lamar is going to be amazing here. Now we just need to let Parag do his magic on the contract.
People need to remember just how good Watson was in Houston. He threw for 4800 yards with a terrible team. Compare that to Lamar who can't stay healthy and has regressed as a passer the past few years. Teams just aren't going to pay up 5 years of guaranteed $ for a running QB. If he could throw like Watson I'm sure he could break the bank.
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:

Can't believe we got him for Aiyuk, Lance, and next years first. Going to miss Aiyuk and sure hoped Lance was going to be special but Lamar is going to be amazing here. Now we just need to let Parag do his magic on the contract.

Unfortunately we had to trade the entire starting lineup. Still, never mind. He is that good he won't need an O line, receivers or a D.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:

Unfortunately we had to trade the entire starting lineup. Still, never mind. He is that good he won't need an O line, receivers or a D.

Pretty much what he's been working with the last couple of years, and pretty much succeeding until he's got hurt under the strain of carrying them.

I don't even love Lamar, just feel like he's being done dirty.
Share 49ersWebzone