Podcast: 49ers/Eagles NFC Championship Preview →

There are 161 users in the forums

Lamar Jackson QB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by FL9er:
I have serious reservations about his long-term future. He's now getting dinged up (his absence probably cost the Ravens the division) and he's not progressing as a passer (Greg Roman, IMO). He's due for a new contract.

Do you give him Pat Mahomes/Josh Allen money?

He's won an MVP. An ankle injury tanked our 2020 season.

Team's been a winner since he got there it seens. A team can play the game of lowballing a QB is they want to and end up in the no man's land of having no QB. You are better off with than without.

With that said, no one deserves Mahommes money. Except Brady or Rodgers. Whatever the deal is, it'll be over 35 million per year on average. If there are concerns about his health long term because of the playing style, you up the money and make the deal shorter 160 million over 4 years for example.
how is this in the draft forum and not NFL forum, with draft season starting can we please keep this for prospects and not active players mods...please
Man are the Ravens gonna pay this dude half a billion next season?
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by FL9er:
I have serious reservations about his long-term future. He's now getting dinged up (his absence probably cost the Ravens the division) and he's not progressing as a passer (Greg Roman, IMO). He's due for a new contract.

Do you give him Pat Mahomes/Josh Allen money?

He's won an MVP. An ankle injury tanked our 2020 season.

Most Vulnerable Player?
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,740
"No top WR will go to Baltimore as long as Lamar is the quarterback."

Bernard Pollard

Maybe I'm wrong about Jackson, but I think he meant to say Greg Roman.
Originally posted by FL9er:
"No top WR will go to Baltimore as long as Lamar is the quarterback."

Bernard Pollard

Maybe I'm wrong about Jackson, but I think he meant to say Greg Roman.

Jackson is a pretty awful passer. He's basically Tim Teebow with elite agility.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jul 15, 2022 at 11:56 AM ]
Originally posted by FL9er:
"No top WR will go to Baltimore as long as Lamar is the quarterback."

Bernard Pollard

Maybe I'm wrong about Jackson, but I think he meant to say Greg Roman.

I think Bernard is right. Passing has never been a strength of Larmar's.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by FL9er:
"No top WR will go to Baltimore as long as Lamar is the quarterback."

Bernard Pollard

Maybe I'm wrong about Jackson, but I think he meant to say Greg Roman.

I think Bernard is right. Passing has never been a strength of Larmar's.

Kittle should go there, since lamar only throws to his tight ends.
Lamar has similarities to Kap, both are runners that are exposed when they have to throw on every down. Lamar is a better prospect than Kap but he has to go deep in the playoffs. I don't think he is worth some outlandish contract.

Extremely overrated. Worse than Kap if you look at playoffs (you know the games that actually matter). Btw safe to call him injury prone missing half of last season and critical playoff game the year before.
Originally posted by jimmy3233:
Extremely overrated. Worse than Kap if you look at playoffs (you know the games that actually matter). Btw safe to call him injury prone missing half of last season and critical playoff game the year before.

Yeah but the zone was ON HIS NUUUUUUUTS two years ago.
Originally posted by jimmy3233:
Extremely overrated. Worse than Kap if you look at playoffs (you know the games that actually matter). Btw safe to call him injury prone missing half of last season and critical playoff game the year before.

Here's the problem with QBs, you have your elite guys (Mahommes, Allen, etc), then there's a tier below that (Carr, Prescott), but once you get to that next tier (Murray for example), there's a HUGE drop off and you are in no man's land if you don't have one of those guys and chances are you will not get one of those guys in the draft. Once you get a guy that is in the top three tiers, you are locked in or you can roll the dice and hope to upgrade, which isn't likely. Baltimore has been a sustained winner, but if they don't pay this guy, someone else will and then what will they do? They will have to do a massive trade up in hopes of upgrading. They could also invest in the coaching side to get more out of Jackson as a passer because we are hitting year 5. It's not likely he's going to get very much better than what he already is.
75 yard td
Share 49ersWebzone