There are 213 users in the forums

Lamar Jackson QB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Just as a Hunch in the beginning of the season I put $10 on him to win MVP to pay $350, damn I wish I put $100 lol

Imagine if you would have put $1000 on it!!!!

This was always gonna be lamars problem. If they get in front with their run game , they'll kill the clock and can keep a lead. But if you pull ahead by a couple scores, it's an uphill battle to make up for it with that run first offense.

Lamar has a good head on his shoulders, so I'd expect him to get better. But He's gotta have a shorter window than most QBs since he puts his body through as much damage as many starting RBs do. It ain't easy. And put yourself in that situation over and over again to get hit and eventually you run into dirty players that wanna take your head off.
Regular season tiger. Folds in the playoffs.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

He was responsible for over 500 yards of offense by himself. 360+ yards passing, 140+ yards rushing. Those are ridiculous numbers. Not sure pointing the finger at Jackson is the wisest decision. I'd lay it more at the feet of Harbaugh having that team come out on to the field like they had just woken up from a two week nap. Nobody looked ready, especially their defense which played softer than Quilted Northern for the vast majority of the game.

I know you usually have some pretty bad and over reactive posts. But this is a silly one. He's only started 22 games in his career. And he's only 22 years old lmao. He played pretty well, they just didn't complete their drives. He's gonna be a problem for years to come.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

He was responsible for over 500 yards of offense by himself. 360+ yards passing, 140+ yards rushing. Those are ridiculous numbers. Not sure pointing the finger at Jackson is the wisest decision. I'd lay it more at the feet of Harbaugh having that team come out on to the field like they had just woken up from a two week nap. Nobody looked ready, especially their defense which played softer than Quilted Northern for the vast majority of the game.

A lot of that was playing catchup though. Especially towards the end which was essentially garbage time.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

I know you usually have some pretty bad and over reactive posts. But this is a silly one. He's only started 22 games in his career. And he's only 22 years old lmao. He played pretty well, they just didn't complete their drives. He's gonna be a problem for years to come.

He was inaccurate all over the field missing passes. He threw interceptions. He fumbled. He got stuffed on 4th and 1 and turned the ball over on downs. His stats came in garbage time. I don't view this as a great game for him at all. Not even close.

He was inaccurate all over the field missing passes. He threw interceptions. He fumbled. He got stuffed on 4th and 1 and turned the ball over on downs. His stats came in garbage time. I don't view this as a great game for him at all. Not even close.

Its almost like he's a really young QB who had no run game to back him up today. Ingram was a crucial part of that offense. With him hurt, Jackson WAS that entire offense. At some points he was trying to do too much but realistically they had no chance without him trying to do it all.

Its almost like he's a really young QB who had no run game to back him up today. Ingram was a crucial part of that offense. With him hurt, Jackson WAS that entire offense. At some points he was trying to do too much but realistically they had no chance without him trying to do it all.

Very good post
Originally posted by tohara3:

Very good post

Excellent post. Really young player player who's clearly still learning the position, but he just had one of the best seasons ever in only his second year. He seems determined, says all the right things, has fun on the field. But I've still seen him get called a "thug" by fans on here when he's never done a dirty play and seemingly has zero off the field issues.

But why? I think it's the changing of the guard, I think it scares a lot of fans and Jackson epitomizes that. Seeing faces like Mahomes, Watson, Wilson and Dak taking the torch from guys like Rodgers, Brees and Brady is very unsettling for a lot of people.

I'm sure this post will be met with a lot of vitriol and anger, and I understand that. But it's something to consider.

Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Excellent post. Really young player player who's clearly still learning the position, but he just had one of the best seasons ever in only his second year. He seems determined, says all the right things, has fun on the field. But I've still seen him get called a "thug" by fans on here when he's never done a dirty play and seemingly has zero off the field issues.

But why? I think it's the changing of the guard, I think it scares a lot of fans and Jackson epitomizes that. Seeing faces like Mahomes, Watson, Wilson and Dak taking the torch from guys like Rodgers, Brees and Brady is very unsettling for a lot of people.

I'm sure this post will be met with a lot of vitriol and anger, and I understand that. But it's something to consider.

Never done a dirty play! You serious? The foul on Byard was pretty unpleasant. As to your changing of the guard, why should 49er fans care about Patriots, Saints and Packers qb's potentially being replaced?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
LAMAR CAN enjoy his MVO trophy with a bucket of beer as he watch the VIEW of the POST SEASON !!!
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:

Never done a dirty play! You serious? The foul on Byard was pretty unpleasant. As to your changing of the guard, why should 49er fans care about Patriots, Saints and Packers qb's potentially being replaced?

He doesn't care about those teams, either. He's trying say a lot of the criticism of Jackson is couched in racism.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I have serious reservations about his long-term future. He's now getting dinged up (his absence probably cost the Ravens the division) and he's not progressing as a passer (Greg Roman, IMO). He's due for a new contract.

Do you give him Pat Mahomes/Josh Allen money?
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FL9er:
I have serious reservations about his long-term future. He's now getting dinged up (his absence probably cost the Ravens the division) and he's not progressing as a passer (Greg Roman, IMO). He's due for a new contract.

Do you give him Pat Mahomes/Josh Allen money?

He's won an MVP. An ankle injury tanked our 2020 season.
Share 49ersWebzone