LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Vikings trade for Bradford

Shop 49ers game tickets
Lol at all the people who said Kaepernick was as good as Bradford. We sure as hell weren't offered a 1st round pick for Kaep.

I do think the Vikings are giving up too much for Bradford though. I assume the Eagles are stuck with the signing bonus, so the Vikings only owe Bradford $7 million this year. Good news for Peterson owners in fantasy football.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportOvaFilmTV:
Vikes gave up that much... Damn

Why are they so desperate? It's not like they are SB contenders in the mould of Denver 2015.

won 11 games last year with a defense that was 5th in points.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Could had Kaep for a 6th

and Gabbert too lol
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Lol at all the people who said Kaepernick was as good as Bradford. We sure as hell weren't offered a 1st round pick for Kaep.

I do think the Vikings are giving up too much for Bradford though. I assume the Eagles are stuck with the signing bonus, so the Vikings only owe Bradford $7 million this year. Good news for Peterson owners in fantasy football.

They're trading for Bradford's contract, not Sam Bradford. They can get out of Bradford's contract after this year with no issue. If Kaepernick were to get an injury, they'd never get out of the deal.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
God damn

Would have taken anything for Kap, and Bradford has a huge contract too.....I wonder if anybody wants him at all

Edit...forgot about the injury clause. So they probably didn't want to get stuck for more then this year with him
[ Edited by Tman on Sep 3, 2016 at 7:58 AM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
The #Eagles paid $11M to Sam Bradford in exchange for a 1st and a 4th. Vikings get Sam Bradford for $7M this year.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Now it makes more sense. Eagles paying for most of Bradford's contract. Literally bought themselves a 1st round pick.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane
Does anyone want to read a 1,400-word story on Sam Bradford and how he's at an "all-time high" heading into #Eagles season? Didn't think so.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Lol
Originally posted by okdkid:
Now it makes more sense. Eagles paying for most of Bradford's contract. Literally bought themselves a 1st round pick.

Eagles paid the signing bonus for the 2 years already which is pretty standard. Rapoport is phrasing that in a way to attract clicks. Bradford would still get $17 million from the Eagles in 2017 if they keep him.

Originally posted by Jcool:
won 11 games last year with a defense that was 5th in points.

They still don't have the same calibre in the secondary imo that Denver did last year & Seattle in 2013.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
And now Cleveland is going to have 2 top 10 picks in next years draft...
Their secondary is bad, have 1 good lb an ok dl
On offense a average qb, average wrs and an above average OL.

They are a very overrated team. Now that gb has jordy Nelson back and lacy a little back to form it's their division again.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
#Vikings called the #Chiefs about Nick Foles, had eyes on some #Ravens backups. Found a Sam Bradford deal much more to their liking

Uh, what
That's a great trade for the Eagles. They had to get rid of a QB after drafting Wentz and they got more than market value for Bradford. The first and fourth round picks are likely worth more than $11 million over the duration of their contracts under the new CBA, but how good the trade is depends on the Vikings record this year. 1st round picks are paid well under market value.

Vikings must think they have a short championship window with Peterson getting older.
Share 49ersWebzone